5.0 out of 5 stars great price for AppleCare at Amazon, December 17, 2010
This review is from: AppleCare Protection Plan for Mac Mini (OLD VERSION) (Personal Computers)
Recently I purchased a slightly used Mac Mini from a friend whose employer paid for a MacBook Pro (awesome, right?). He did not have AppleCare, but as the Mini was well within its one-year initial warranty, I was able to add it. Amazon provided a great discount, and using the number on the box, online registration with Apple went smoothly.

When buying AppleCare, make sure you get the right one for your Mac's make and model. You can go to the Apple website, Support page, and click the link for Check your Service and Support Coverage. Enter your Mac's serial number (usually laser-engraved on the back or bottom of your Mac) and they'll suggest an appropriate AppleCare policy. Use the policy name to search for a matching AppleCare policy on Amazon.

FYI, Apple will sometimes price match in store; I did this recently for AppleCare on a MacBook Pro of my own. Worth a try, and if they won't, just buy it from Amazon.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Must-Have for new MACs: AppleCare Protection Plan, December 12, 2012
With my first purchase of a second-hand MAC in 1994, I became a MAC junkie. Most of the time I buy second-hand equipment, because I'm usually broke and can't afford to buy new stuff. Now that my lifestyle is in vogue, I cringe at being anywhere other than on the fringes of society. So, when I got a gift card from my cable company and was desperate to replace my antique, second-hand MAC mini with something that ran faster than a dinosaur, I grabbed the chance to buy a sleek new MAC mini. I also bought the AppleCare Protection Plan.

Since way back in 19XX when I graduated from college, I bought a new sleek foreign car. Unfortunately, it needed a valve job during month 12, then again almost one year later to the day it need another. I sold it after the third one, which of course was around month 36...way too long to have clung to it. Cars come with warranties, some better than others. Mine paid for the first valve job, and only the first.

With that memory seared in my brain, of course, I bought the AppleCare Protection Plan for my MAC mini which covers me for THREE years. A little after the first year my new MAC mini (my baby) started acting up. I'm not going to go into the details, but the MAC geniuses told me it was my cable modem. The cable company replaced the modem and when that didn't fix the problem they referred me back to the MAC folks. Now I'm one of those people who does not take this kind of finger-pointing lightly. So I kept going back to the geniuses, then the cable company, then the geniuses, again. In my gut, and through deductive reasoning, I knew it was my MAC. Finally, I was able to persuade the MAC genius bar folks to do what needed to be done. And Voila, my baby worked like a top. Again. And I'm one dogged, happy customer.

Recently, my MAC gave me another scare. I called the AppleCare Protection Plan folks and they gave me some good advice and options. The problem is fixed, now, but I will never buy anything new again without a warranty! And I highly recommend you do the same.

5.0 out of 5 stars Better deal than Apple, October 21, 2010
About the only place you can save money on an Apple product, so get it here instead.

4.0 out of 5 stars Applecare, July 30, 2010
Actually, first shipment was the wrong product. But, I shop at Amazon becuase their service is so good. I told them it was the wrong product, they sent out the correct product immediately.
Otherwise, not much to say. Applecare for my Mac Mini.

5.0 out of 5 stars Applecare, September 27, 2011
William Newby (Pensacola FL USA) - See all my reviews
Applecare is the same as offered by Apple but at a much better price. I always check with Amazon before I purchase Applecare

5.0 out of 5 stars Appla Care Plan, April 9, 2011
Worth every penny! Unless you are a computer guru, and always up-to-date, you want the telephone support, and you will need it, When the usual "clicks" do not work, and that is happening more and more often, it's hard to find a bypass. Every now and then, even members of the apple support team fail to provide a correct answer. With the extended CARE plan advise is at least (almost) free of charge.

Amazon offered the best prize for it - 30 Dollars off.

5.0 out of 5 stars I buy AppleCare, and this is where it is cheaper, March 7, 2011
Vox Locus "Vox Locus" (Tulsa, OK, United States) - See all my reviews
I've had good luck with Apple Care. It is cheaper here than elsewhere.

Hope the new Apple greed model doesn't keep other merchants like Amazon from selling Apple Care.

In the meantime, buy it here!

4.0 out of 5 stars Apple necessity, December 27, 2010
I went back and forth on whether you need to purchase AppleCare for the mac mini due to the low cost of the device. From my experience with other apple products (macbooks, iMacs), I decided to pull the trigger for peace of mind. Adds an additional 2 years to the built in 1 year warranty. Aside from swapping out the RAM, it would be very difficult to perform any troubleshooting on this machine, and even though Apple products may seem like they are better than other computer manufacturers, remember most of the internals are not made by Apple. Their failure rate is no better. If you buy a macbook pro AppleCare is a no brainer, same might go for an iMac. With the price point of a mac mini at 600 or so, it is a difficult decision but we will see if it was the right decision. One issue and it will easily pay for itself.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great coverage for a discounted price, December 18, 2010
MP (Sandwich) - See all my reviews
This is an extended warranty. I think it is a must for laptops. I bought this for my new MacMini and the Amazon price made it worth getting it. You get 3 years of support and peace of mind. Apple support is very good

5.0 out of 5 stars AppleCare Protection Plan for the Mac Mini, October 2, 2010
Nancy Mastoras (Stockton, CA, US) - See all my reviews
I had to use it shortly after I downloaded it. The people are very nice, courteous, polite, professional. I'm glad I have it. It's worth the money.

AppleCare Protection Plan for Mac Mini (OLD VERSION)
$149.00 $114.87