5.0 out of 5 stars Must try for yourself
Published 14 months ago by Maritza

3.0 out of 5 stars Pros and Cons make it a Wash
Published 17 months ago by Amazon Customer

3.0 out of 5 stars Pros and Cons make it a Wash, May 30, 2013
This review is from: Applied Nutrition Green Tea Fat Burner, Maximum Strength with 400 mg EGCG, Fast-Acting, 90 Liquid Soft-Gels (Pack of 2) (Health and Beauty)
SOME BACKGROUND: My wife and I are in our mid and late thirties. We've been exercising regularly about 6-8 times a week, at least about an hour each time. We've been mixing it up, counting calories, doing strength training, cardio, etc. We've been happy with the success that we've been having, but wanted a little extra kick-start to get rid of some of the "fluffiness" around our bodies. We read up on some extra tips to help you supplement your fitness goals (weight loss + more fit body) and green tea pills were something people had tried. So we got these.

RESULTS FOR MY WIFE: My wife had thyroid cancer and had to have her entire thyroid removed. So she takes hormone replacement medicine (Sythnroid) everyday. PRO: we did start to see her thinning out around her mid-section, arms, torso, and legs--although her legs have always been nice IMHO. But it definitely worked for her and supplemented what she was doing already. CON: it really messed with her system. She would often get really tired at some points during the day, and sometimes, when she missed, she would really struggle with mental fogginess. However on some days, she said she just felt jittery and jumpy. She took two pills in the morning and two pills in the evening at first as directed, but this was way too much for her. She finally did one and one and that seemed to work fine. I don't know for sure, but it seemed like the pill messed with her hormones and endocrine system so she eventually stopped taking them.

RESULTS FOR ME: Pro: I did see some thinnning out around my mid-section, stomach, legs, etc. So there was some added weight loss. However, it wasn't as pronounced as my wife's change. CON: As craxy as it might sound, the pills actually made me very sleepy. Fortunately I take mass transit to work, but often I would be so sleepy and zonk out. Sometimes it affected my work and sleep schedule as well. I eventually switched to 2 a day as well, but still feeling the grogginess. Once the bottle is done, I'll likely not take it anymore.

FOR BOTH OF US: it seemed like the pills made us very hungry, about every other day, depending on our exercising for that day. My routine was the same, and i felt a little hungry when working out harder, but these pills sometimes made me so hungry, I would have to load up on carbs or just overeat to feel full. My wife would have trouble sleeping sometimes because she felt so hungry.

I think it's important to note that we were looking to supplement what we were already doing, not to make up for doing no exercises, not eating healthfully,etc. So take these results based on what we did.

5.0 out of 5 stars Must try for yourself, August 22, 2013
After trying raspberry ketones and Sensa I was ready to give up. My metabolism has slowed right after 40 and I needed to lose the 5-8 lbs that were making my wardrobe not fit ( I am 5'1"). Four pills is way too much for me and my size (please consider that dose and your weight). I take 2 in the am and none later. If I take this after 2 I won't sleep (I learned the hard way). It helps you work out longer, stay focused, and curb your appetite ( you don't feel as hungry and more satiated with less food). You must keep drinking ALL DAY or you will get dehydrated. I stop all caffeine after I take these in the am or it would be way too much for me. I only allow myself one cup of coffee and one cup of caffeinated tea in the am. After that it is herbal and decaf tea or it will make you jittery. I worried that the extra caffeine would make me break out but it hasn't. Finally, the pounds came off (in the first week I lost 3). I ate small portions of fresh food and limited my sweets. I did moderate exercise (20 min a day) and that's it.
Try taking two in the am or one spaced two times in the am and decide how it affects you. I really hope this green tea is also good for me because it does wake me up and help me concentrate. I don't want to give it up and I have suggested it to friends. It's considerably cheaper than Sensa. I only think once a day vs. Sensa is all day and it's uncomfortable explaining to others why you are shaking powder all over your food!!

5.0 out of 5 stars great, August 3, 2013
Great!
This product is great, I have been talking it mixed with light exercise and I have seen amazing results. In the last month, I have gone down 2 sizes and am noticeably slimmer.

3.0 out of 5 stars It's an okay product., May 20, 2013
This product works pretty well as long as you make sure to drink plenty of water. Also, make sure that you stay away from things that can dehydrate you, such as caffeine, alcohol, etc.

5.0 out of 5 stars Works Great, July 22, 2013
I used to be an Athelete and now I have become less active and this helps me keep skinny.

I only workout 3 days a week ( I run for 10 minutes ) and I eat 2 big meals a day.

It works and keeps the body fat off.

If you forget to take it, you will get a massive headache. Overtime, you will get jittery due to the caffeine.

If you take it late in the day, it will keep you up at night.

5.0 out of 5 stars I love them! ", July 28, 2014
I have lost alot of weight on these pills in four months i have lost 70lbs !!!!! I love them!"

1.0 out of 5 stars Raised my Blood Pressure and Caused Heart Palpitations!, January 20, 2014
Please be very cautious using this product and watch yourself for any changes or possible side effects. I began taking this supplement about a year ago in order to have the benefits of green tea for my heart. After taking it without incident for about 3 months I went for a regular check-up with my doctor and discovered I had suddenly developed high blood pressure. My usual blood pressure, for most of my life, was about 110/70. At this appointment it was 145/95. I am getting older and have now gone through menopause so I thought perhaps it was simply a sign of aging. I took made some lifestyle changes and moved on. However, my blood pressure remained abnormally high despite increased exercise and being very careful with my diet. So I went on blood pressure medication.

Then a couple of months later I began experiencing heart palpitations. At first it was just occasionally, but then it increased until I was having 3-4 "episodes" per day. Rather terrifying! I went to see my regular doctor who sent me to see a cardiologist. After a series of tests they could find nothing wrong with my heart, but the palpitations continued.

Then, a few weeks ago, I ran out of the green tea supplement and didn't have time to go to Costco to get more. A few days later, my heart palpitations began to diminish. Within a week, they had stopped completely. It has now been two weeks and my blood pressure is slowly working it's way down as well. My doctor told me that while a green tea supplement may be a good option for some, it obviously is not the right one for me! Hopefully my blood pressure will return to normal soon and I can go off the medication for it.

NOTE: I did not purchase this from Amazon, but from Costco. However, it is the exact same product.

3.0 out of 5 stars I wouldnt take the second serving no later then 2pm or you will be up like I did till the next morning, August 28, 2014
Curbs my appetite for sure I havent worked out yet but sense I been taking them for green 3days now and lost 5 pounds. I will update when I add my workout routine and this pill green tea fat burner gave me zero side effects. I wouldnt take the second serving no later then 2pm or you will be up like I did till the next morning.

5.0 out of 5 stars Works for me..., June 20, 2014
Yep, I said I believe it works for me--but, I use it in combination with a couple of other weight loss supplements. I can tell that the combination increases my metabolism. Other supplements of my morning routine are Fucothin Green, Green Tea Extract by Natural Goal, and Green Tea X-Tract by Advanta. I do try to get to the gym 3Xs per week, and I do try to watch I eat, but as I've aged, my metabolism has slowed. Between my 45 min. workouts, and these supplements, I can tell my metabolism has been stimulated, helping me lose weight. Please remember that you will never lose weight if you eat more calories than you burn. You've got to educate yourself on food choices, and cut calorie intake.

3.0 out of 5 stars It makes me tired, August 23, 2014
I just started taking this 3 days ago, and I guess I'm just weird, but it makes me soooo sleepy. It's crazy, because it has at least 3 ingredients that should give me energy. Maybe it's because of my prescription medications, but a cup of coffee wakes me up, so I don't understand.