Safety Month botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Songs of Summer The best from Bose just got wireless Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks STEM Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro STEM

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-7 of 7 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Sep 3, 2007 8:26:21 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Sep 3, 2007 4:00:18 PM PDT
M. A. Plus says:
I've read pronouncements by scientists back in the 1970's (the Disco-era versions of Aubrey de Grey) who predicted that we'd have treatments to slow down the aging process by that far-off, mysterious year 2000 or so. A lot of these scientists have died by now, ironically enough. So don't get too emotionally invested in de Grey's ideas for SENS. If his ideas don't work, we need to find out sooner rather than later so we can move on to potentially better ideas.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 4, 2007 10:07:49 AM PDT
He's not blowing smoke about "they'll have better technology in the future". He's naming specific problems and suggesting how existing modern medicine could be refined to fix them.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 6, 2007 8:57:05 PM PDT
M. A. Plus says:
I said I want scientists to test SENS to exhaustion, and quickly. The strange cult of personality around the Bearded One makes me worry that he'll lead anti-aging research into a cul-de-sac for yet another generation.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 9, 2007 12:16:41 AM PDT
Jay Gandhi says:
No other time in modern history has aging been understood in the molecular and cellular level. No other time in human history has something like stem cells been a legitimate miracle treatment.
It turns out aging is not that complicated to understand after all. And the treatments are in the horizon.
Think: genetically engineered embryonic stem cell treatments

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 1, 2007 2:31:50 PM PDT
tailz says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 16, 2007 9:36:09 AM PDT
Millions now living will never die.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 4, 2007 4:24:54 PM PST
God's had long enough to work on this, let the scientists have a go...
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  6
Total posts:  7
Initial post:  Sep 3, 2007
Latest post:  Nov 4, 2007

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about