FAA Approved label on Graco Nautilus? For anyone who has this car seat, does it actually have a label with any sort of verbiage that is is FAA or airline approved?
Our Airport requires to have that verbiage on it.
asked by Christena A Gissberg on February 18, 2011
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-9 of 9 answers
A
I was actually looking for the sticker also, as we'll be flying in a few weeks. I looked everywhere (I thought) and couldn't find it; so I called Graco customer service to see if they could send me one to apply to the carseat since the airline said it is required to have it actually on the carseat. Anyway, they told me to look on the bottom of the seat (actually turn it upside) and it was there! It does specify though that it is only approved for air craft when used with the harness, just as the instruction booklet states. Hope this helps :-)
Lynn Kennedy answered on March 4, 2011
Comment | 21 of 21 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I was with my sister when she took one of these seats on Southwest...they didn't even check.
M. Williams answered on July 16, 2011
Comment | 3 of 3 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I just checked my Graco Nautilus, both of them (I have twins), and they have the stick directly on the bottom. I was getting worried because we are traveling in 2 weeks and I didn't want to have to go and buy new car seats. I am so glad these will work, since my kids are used to riding in them and feel comfortable.
Megan Fleming answered on March 30, 2011
Comment (1) | 2 of 2 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Yes there is a label on the seat that says it is approved for aircraft use when the harness is used. It may be worthwhile to carry the instruction booklet with you because I got stopped once at the gate (returning home) and the agent misread the label and told me it can not be brought on-board. I had to dig out the instruction book and show them it is approved.
Opus77044 answered on July 17, 2011
Comment | 4 of 4 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I think there is no label because the instruction booklet says that it is only FAA approved if the 5 point harness is used. If it is not used then it is not FAA approved. THat is probably why they didn't put the sticker on it. Ask the airline if they will take the instruction manual as proof.
Mommyplus2 answered on February 28, 2011
Comment | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I looked in many stores (Meijer, Babies'R'us) and the display models have no label (and yes, I looked on the bottom). Could this be a new one? Or maybe ALL the floor models lost their little sticker? Hard to believe. Can someone else confirm the existence of such a label?

Upd: it seems that the floor models are pretty old, or they lost their stickers. :) thank you for replies
porkister answered on March 28, 2011
Comments (2) | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Yes- I checked directly on the bottom of the car seats and the sticker is there. Hope this helps.
Megan Fleming answered on March 30, 2011
Comment | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I would get in touch with Transport Canada (Civil Aviation (Headquarters) Phone: 1-800-305-2059 Email: services@tc.gc.ca)
and ask them this question. My guess is they accept FAA certification and they don't do their own, I can't find anything to this effect on their website. They simply suggest using an "approved" carseat, they don't say who needs to certify it; see
http://www.tc.gc.ca/eng/civilaviation/standards/commerce-cabinsafety-safetyonboard-travelling-with-infants-1111.htm
porkister answered on October 4, 2011
Comment | 1 of 2 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I live in Canada and i order from the US and then realized it has to be Canadian approved but cant figure out how to find that out. Can anyone help me????
Naterz answered on October 4, 2011
Comment | 1 of 2 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse
‹ Previous   1   Next ›

See all questions about this product