Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Yoga Mat Extra Thick Blue
Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Songs of Summer Explore Premium Audio Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors STEM

Color: Ocean Blue|Change

on May 2, 2010
Since I am 5'11", I LOVED that this mat was extra long. I can finally fit all the way on the mat and not be hanging off of one end! I know many people said it was smelly or slippery, but I did not have that problem. I followed the instructions (unroll the mat and let it air out, then wipe it down) and didn't have any smell or "slippage." I really do like this mat. I can see how some do not like the thickness, but I think that is all in what you prefer (I like the extra cushion it provides).
0Comment|90 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 23, 2014
The primary negative comment I saw for this product stated that it was super slippery. I have not found that to be the case. It came with directions on the paper wrapping it that stated to wash it with a soapy solution first and allow it to dry. I did as instructed and then used it after and it worked well. I did not try using it prior to that to comment on how slippery it was before cleaning. It does have an odor as well, however that is to be expected and seemed to dissipate quickly.
on January 24, 2014
I got this for my husband to do his P90X with. We have hardwood floors, and a rug just wasn't cutting it (no pun intended). He loves how thick it is, which is nice when doing yoga, sit-ups, or any floor exercise. My only criticism is it was not very sticky and he ate it pretty bad one day when it slid out from under him. Still, five stars because it was pretty hilarious! Would buy again!
on October 19, 2012
I had the same problem as the other people here. I went to yoga class with my new mat and I kept slipping on it. I tried washing it with laundry soap (as was suggested on many websites) but it was still slippery. I finally fixed it by rubbing both sides down with a medium grade sandpaper. No more slipping now :)
on September 2, 2011
Great mat! I've been using it everywhere, on hardcourt, on marble, on tarmac and in my tiled room and it feels great. No slip at all.
on May 11, 2014
I've had yoga mats that were too thin, too thick, too smelly, too slick.
This one was perfect... Just right.
Thick enough to cushion my wrists during yoga.
Secure enough to not slide during sun salutations.
Not so thick that it makes it hard to balance during tree pose.
Not so smelly that I am left picturing third world factories.

This one is a replacement to the same mat... This mat holds up well. I have done an hour of yoga on this same mat, four times per week for almost three years and now it is finally giving out.

This is a great mat.
on July 24, 2010
Next time I will pay more for a mat. It's very slippery. My hands slip every single time I'm doing Downward Dog. Now I'm on the hunt for a better mat.
22 comments|46 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 17, 2010
I bought this mat based on the price; I have been looking for an affordable mat for ages. Unfortunately, I now have to pay for two mats because this one is terrible. Insanely slippery, and we're talking for basic stretches and poses -- downward-facing dog is near impossible. I've tried it three times and have never been hot or sweaty or anything to cause a slick surface. I literally cannot hold myself in the most basic positions. No grip or traction to speak of. Save yourself the headache and the expense of two mats -- put your dollars toward something of better quality.
33 comments|88 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 14, 2013
I have a cheaper yoga mat that I use and when my wife isn't working out with me I use her's (this one).

Being able to compare the two mats has shown me how good this mat is.

It is softer without being too soft.

And the material used is also just enough grip without being too sticky. My other mat is too smooth and can get slippery if it gets sweaty.

This is a great yoga mat and it has lasted for over a year and still looks like new. And it gets used weekly.
on July 14, 2010
I'm new to yoga. I researched yoga mats online. It seems like people talk about the thickness 1/16" - 5/8", size 68" - 72", smell, construction materials and grip. This mat is 1/4" thick and 72" long, which is on the larger size. That being said, it's extremely slippery and most of your energy is spent trying to stay on the mat instead of getting deep into yoga postures. I think this should have a warning - NOT FOR HOT YOGA. The mat is probably fine for "regular" yoga.

I've continued my research and I'm getting a Jade mat. The other option would have been to get a yogi toes for on top of this mat. As far as I can tell, they are the best options.
22 comments|57 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse