5.0 out of 5 stars File Converter works perfectly -- here's how...
Published 20 months ago by Lawrentius Verifer

1.0 out of 5 stars This app is worthless.
I downloaded it because I have ePub files that I wanted to convert to Mobi files so I could read the books. This app doesn't recognize ePub files at all on my Kindle Fire. It was a complete waste of money. DON'T BUY THIS IF YOU ARE CONVERTING EBOOKS!

I would LOVE to have my money back. So worthless.
Published 17 months ago by Amazon Customer

5.0 out of 5 stars File Converter works perfectly -- here's how..., November 9, 2012
This review is from: File Converter (App)
On my Windows desktop there were several .avi and .wmv video files. My Kindle Fire 7" HD doesn't play those files. I downloaded File Converter, and ES File Explorer as recommended by File Converter. STEP 1: I attached my KindleHD to my computer by USB cable. STEP 2: Then copied my video files from the desktop to the Kindle. IMPORTANT: just drop them into "Internal Storage" NOT into any of the folders, not even the Video folder! NOTE: you'll get a little window that reminds you that the Kindle Fire doesn't play those files, but can store or transport them. That's fine: we just want to store them there for conversion. STEP 3: Open File Converter and tap the large icon "Video Converter." Under "INPUT FILE" tap the gray box "Choose File." A window will open giving you your choice of programs to help you find the file you want to convert: choose ES File Explorer. STEP 4: you'll see all of the Kindle's folders, and at the bottom you'll see your file(s) you want to convert. Tap your finger on one of them and it will magically appear in the earlier "Input File" box in File Converter! STEP 5: Under "Submit" simply tap the "Convert!" box. Watch closely and you'll see a message advising you to go do something else for awhile since the conversion takes time, especially for large files. You will also see a running count of how much of your file has been uploaded for conversion, and later you'll see the same thing as your file is sent back to your Kindle Fire. TA-DA! It will be sent back with the same file name, except as an .mp4 file! *****Now there's one more thing to do: go back to the Amazon Appstore and download "CineXPlayer" which will be able to display your video files. It will scan your whole Kindle to find your .mp4 files and give you a thumbnail for each one. Tap on a thumbnail and watch your video!! >>>>>File Converter works fine. But as always with computers, do things step by step. I enjoy watching "home movies" I've taken with my digital camera, and they make my Kindle Fire HD more personal. THANKS to File Converter! --HINT: try this first with a SMALL file. :-)

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Converter, September 7, 2012
This review is from: File Converter (App)
Windows Media will not play on Kindle, therefore; this App does an excellent job of converting and does it fairly quickly.

5.0 out of 5 stars awesome, September 26, 2012
mama (Ft. Lauderdale Florida) - See all my reviews
This review is from: File Converter (App)
this app works great and I would tell anyone to buy it and I would show it to any of my friends or family

5.0 out of 5 stars This app functions flawlessly!, May 21, 2012
This review is from: File Converter (App)
My kids have iphones and send videos of my grandson in mov format. I haven't been able to play them on my Samsung Galaxy tab until now. This program converts them quick and easy!

5.0 out of 5 stars Works on Kindle Fire like a dream!, October 23, 2012
This review is from: File Converter (App)
I use it regularly to convert epubs to mobi format for use on my Kindle Fire. I've never had a hint of a problem with it. Can't even guess what those reporting trouble have experienced.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great converter, January 15, 2013
This review is from: File Converter (App)
This is a wonderful file converter. I have converted several files on my kindle fire hd and it works great and is very fast also.

5.0 out of 5 stars works great!, August 12, 2012
D. Haiman (planet earth) - See all my reviews
This review is from: File Converter (App)
easily converts my epub files to mobi so that I can read them on my kindle. also converts avi to mp4s so I can watch them on the fire but tends to crap out if the file is more than 500mgs not to mention it takes forever.

5.0 out of 5 stars The very best app on the web, August 3, 2012
This review is from: File Converter (App)
This is the best app out there for converting files. A SIMPLE process to convert .mov to mp4 video and play on my FIre. Just can't be beat. Ken

1.0 out of 5 stars This app is worthless., February 17, 2013
This review is from: File Converter (App)

I would LOVE to have my money back. So worthless.

4.0 out of 5 stars works for me, November 22, 2012
This review is from: File Converter (App)
I just used the app to convert ebook files I had sideloaded onto my Kindle Fire HD and it worked just fine. Thanks!!!

File Converter