Amazon.com: Customer Reviews:
Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Explore Premium Audio Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Segway miniPro

• Customer Reviews

on January 3, 2011
I purchased this product thinking I would get what was pictured, an OEM Aprilaire water panel. Instead I received a knock off product sold elsewhere on Amazon.com for $5. The product I received was an RPS Products BestAir Water Pad RPS #A35 Furn Humidifier Water Pad. I feel ripped off.

Amazon did quickly refund my purchase price as I did not get what I was promised. Amazon is aware that myself and others have had this bait and switch problem and I hope they update the picture and description to reflect you are not getting an OEM product as pictured.

I do not understand why people who were scammed still gave this product a good review. This is not what you ordered and paid for. I would give it zero stars if that was possible.
55 comments|151 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 20, 2011
I cannot believe that Amazon lets these folks get away with showing an real Aprilaire replacement panel in the picture and then sending a cheap knock off product. It is a complete scam. Yes, Amazon refunded the money spent, but it really hurts their reputation.
22 comments|96 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 16, 2012
The product I received was not the Aprilaire water panel pictured but a rather cheap looking knockoff. I did not return it because I didn't want to go through the hassle of navigating the return process.
on March 1, 2013
These are OEM and that's what I was looking for... very satisfied and much cheaper than from my HVAC company. Have tried non-OEM and the clay coating seems to deteriorate more quickly.
on October 5, 2011
I purchased these from Hard to Find Items. I read reviews for this product that indicated that folks received generic replacements instead of Aprilaire branded products. I received original Aprilaire branded factory sealed humidifier media and paid about 40% off what my HVAC contractor normally charges me for these. I am very happy!
on September 21, 2015
I ordered the two-pack of panels, and was pleased to see they matched the original OEM panel in my Aprilaire 700 humidifier. They fit perfectly, and were a perfect match down to the clay coating and colored marks to denote the top of the filter. These were a great value to replace the the original panel and get my furnace ready for the upcoming heating season.

The panels came complete with installation instructions. I've attached a photo showing what it looks like.
review image
on January 29, 2012
I bought this from "Complete Filtration Services" - they did not send me the Aprilaire product shown in the image, but a non-OEM one by some other company.

It was inexpensive and it seems to be working fine, judging by the humidity monitor in my home, but I was not too pleased with the misleading image showing a different product than the one they actually sent.
on November 23, 2013
Genuine Aprilaire water pad. Fits perfectly for Aprilaire 600. This is supposed to be a 2 pack, but only one was in the box when delivered. Called Amazon and they took care of it. Though started out by telling me to return and re-order. Don't understand why not just send another. Can't return because the one I received is installed. Lost a star for the order experience.
on November 13, 2011
If you are looking for an original product made by the manufacturer listed on this page, there is a very strong possibility that you will not receive it. I did not. Others obviously have not. I am extremely disappointed.
VINE VOICEon March 4, 2009
You can spend $$$ to have your heating and cooling people come replace your humidifier filter, or you can buy this and do it yourself.

The box has clear instructions and it takes zero intelligence. It's about as hard as cleaning the lint filter in your dryer- the difference is you just toss out the old filter and replace with the new, obviously. From start to finish, it takes about three and a half minutes.

You should replace this filter no less often than once a year.