5.0 out of 5 stars Spanish literature made easy
Published on May 18, 2001 by Carolina

3.0 out of 5 stars It is a text book!
I find it helpful as a Spanish language learner that they define a number of the words that are not used in Spanish today. I wish I was more interested in hispanic literatura but so far I find most of the stories boring. I use this book in my required spanish lit class, so I had to buy it! Maybe by the end of the semester I find it more enlightening!
Published on September 8, 2007 by K. Mallory

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Spanish literature made easy, May 18, 2001
Aproximaciones is a wonderful tool for the student learning about Spanish literature. The selections are well analyzed by the author and the biographies provide an overview of the cultures and perspectives of the different time periods. The chronological order of the readings makes it easy to understand the different stages of the Spanish literature and the various literary movements affecting the arts, the philosophy, and society of medieval to modern times.

5.0 out of 5 stars From a future literary critic, January 13, 2000
This is an extremely helpful book for those who start studying literary analysis in Spanish as well as for very green literary scholars. The introduction to the special terms is easy to follow and the english equivalents are in their right places and don't distract you. Go ahead, you'll love using it in your Spanish or literary analysis class!

4.0 out of 5 stars An interesting diverse book, September 5, 1998
By A Customer
The book Aproximaciones is a great book about Hispanic literature. There are short stories of narrative, and drama. I specially like the poems of many famous Hispanic authors of all time. This book is nice because if there is a hard vocabulary word, they give the other meaning of it in Spanish and sometimes in English too. Before each reading there is a little biography about the author you are going to read about It is truly a really good book, I recommend to all interested in great literature reading in Spanish.

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice intro. to Spanish literature, November 9, 2006
I used this book in a class at the University of NC. I actually liked the book & the class. It gives a nice overview of different literary periods and literature written during each one. It contains poesia, drama and narrativas.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good resource, September 25, 2008
This review is from: Aproximaciones al estudio de la literatura hispanica, sexta edicion (Spanish Edition) (Paperback)
With the literary excerpts, the book includes a biography of the author, the times in which the author lived (which gives more depth and understanding to the piece), and footnotes of difficult vocabulary. Good resource.

5.0 out of 5 stars Terrific intro to literature text!, December 5, 1998
C. W. Mann (Bellmawr, NJ USA) - See all my reviews
I used this book (well, an earlier edition)back in college for an Intro. to Hispanic Lit. course. It gave me a great intro. to all types of literature. This book helped me appreciate poetry, which I had never been able to "get" before.

5.0 out of 5 stars Classic textbook, October 6, 2007
Very nice selection of texts, helpful biographical info about authors - everything that a textbook needs.
The only downside is the price, but it's worth the money.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good, thorough, and not too difficult overview of Spanish literature., September 26, 2008
This is my textbook for a Spanish literature overview class, and so far we have just gone straight through it and not required any extra materials. It is very thorough and gives a good overview in the limited space it is able to have. My one criticism would be that the informational sections feel too long and boring and needlessly detailed when it gets into long lists of literary terms, etc. Overall a good book, though.

4.0 out of 5 stars Upper-division Spanish Student, October 1, 2011
I am taking a Spanish course in a university. We had to get this book because the course is an introduction to literature course. At the moment I have spent a ton of time reading los cuentos en the book. The stories have been (for me) quite a challenge because they have a lot more complicated vocabulary than I am used to from my previous Spanish courses. I have spent a ton of time in the dictionary to help me understand be able to understand everything. The stories are diverse and the the questions that the book asks after each story helps you to pick out the important details and plots, motives, and ideas of the stories. I think it's a pretty good book for an introduction to literature the writers are from diverse places, the stories where written in different places.

I wouldn't recommend this textbook to a beginner of Spanish though, I think it works better for somebody who is pretty comfortable with the Spanish language and who is pretty dedicated to learning Spanish. If you have been speaking Spanish your entire life then this book shouldn't be too difficult for you (I have only been speaking for about 4 years).

5.0 out of 5 stars Intellectually Stimulating, July 14, 2011
I absolutely loved reading this book as part of my college's Spanish course. The written pieces were quite tastefully chosen in a manner through which the reader can be intellectually stimulated by a variety of writing styles.
To sum it up, this book is so good that instead of selling it back on Amazon now that the course has ended, I've decided to keep it a while longer to study it further on my own.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›