Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer showtimemulti showtimemulti showtimemulti  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on December 5, 2013
I originally gave this Bluetooth speaker a poor review due to its low volume, but after I posted it I was contacted by the seller. He informed me that the unit did indeed have volume controls, but that it wasn't in the documentation. Currently shipping items have that info added on a sticker on the packaging. Once armed with this information I'm happy to report that the volume is good and clearly audible even in a shower with an exhaust fan running.

The buttons are however difficult to see in the shower - especially if you need glasses! But there aren't too many controls so I think we'll simply use a permanent marker on them to make them more visible. If you happen to have one of these units and are considering returning it due to volume issues, don't! The next/previous track buttons double as volume buttons if you hold them down.

I have to laud the customer support from the seller as he not only took the time to contact me to help me with the issue, but also provided a unit to me (overnight) for free. Even if I had purchased another, it's still a good value for the money.
55 comments| 208 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 6, 2013
This is a great little speaker. I was looking for a bluetooth speaker I could use in the shower, but didn't want to spend too much. It's just something I plan to use occasionally so I didn't want to invest in any of the more expensive ones. I can say is exactly as described. It came partially charged. I plugged it in for about an hour and it was ready to go. It paired very easily to my Android phone and my iPad. Sound quality was fine. Actually a little better than expected. I left my phone in the bedroom and placed this on my shower wall and it worked perfectly. Then I took it off the shower and placed it on the kitchen counter and it didn't drop the music. I let it run for about 3 hours the first night, and then I used it for my shower this morning and it still has battery life (They claim up to 6 hours.) So far, so good. While I was in the shower, I did accidentally drop it into the water and it kept on working.

The only drawback I find so far is that it uses a pin type connector to charge. It comes with the USB to pin connector that you need, so it's not a big deal, but it's just 1 more cable for me to have to keep track of. Wish it used a micro USB connector. But other than that it's a great deal!
11 comment| 114 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 12, 2014
Speaker worked great for two weeks, somehow water got in the "waterproof" speaker and started making demonic noises before finally dying.
55 comments| 50 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 19, 2014
I was amazed how easy worked, but after 2 or 3 times it do not work any more. I just returned hoping to have my money back
on December 12, 2013
I love this little speaker! Its loud and makes my showers so much better. Plus I can now set a three song limit to make showers faster for the kids
on December 17, 2013
If you are on the fence about this because you are worried that it is not loud enough, make the purchase. I could not be happier with the product. Easy setup, easy installation, good quality sound.
on February 19, 2014
I used it for half of a shower before it died. I went to try and figure out what was wrong with it, opened the charging dock 'seal' and have water leak out of it. I would not buy this product.
on December 16, 2013
Its pretty loud for being so small but you do need to charge it every now and then or the sound fades
on November 20, 2014
I enjoy listening to music or an audiobook while soaking in the tub or taking that morning shower to start the day. I used to place my phone on the counter in the bathroom and listen to music while in the shower that way. It was obviously difficult as I would have to hop out to adjust the volume or change songs but this gadget has changed my entire shower experience for the better! Awesome sound, great highs and lows make it perfect for a home audio system. This is absolutely fantastic product and don't let the soft shower colors fool you! Attached suction cup will grab on to any flat surface: shower, door, windows, tables, pool linings, etc. There are several similar models are available.

Here is a side-by-side comparison of eight "Bluetooth Shower Speaker" products:

Abco Tech Water Resistant Wireless FM Radio Bluetooth Shower Speaker,
Splash Shower Tunes by FRESHeTECH
AquaAudio Mini Ultra Portable Waterproof Bluetooth Wireless
Wusic® Bluetooth Wireless Speaker
Abco Tech Water Resistant Wireless Bluetooth Shower Speaker with Suction Cup

BREAKDOWN: Here is a breakdown of these products.

Abco Tech Water Resistant Wireless FM Radio Bluetooth Shower Speaker
(*****) - Price: $20.97; Color: Orange/Blue; Purple/Yellow; & US Flag Design; Run time: up to 15 hours: Weight: 3.5 ounces. (See, Abco Tech Water Resistant Wireless FM Radio Bluetooth Shower Speaker with Suction Cup and Hands-Free Speakerphone, Orange/Blue)

(*****)- Price: $59.97; Color: Black; Red; Run time: up to 8 hours: Weight: 11.2 ounces. (See, Abco Tech Bluetooth 3.0 Powerful Speaker - NFC - FM Radio Digital Tuner with 10 Station Presets - LCD Display Portable Speaker system 600 mAh Li-ion Battery - Crystal-Clear Sound, Subwoofer Sound Effect - Built In Mic For Calls - Siri - Compatible with ... )

KINGLAKE® New Waterproof Wireless Bluetooth Shower Speaker
(***) - Price: $15.99; Color: Blue; Black; White; Yellow; & Pink; 6 hours of playback time, 120 hours of standby time, 10M transmission range; Weight: 4.0 ounces; no warranty listed. (See, KINGLAKE® New Waterproof Wireless Bluetooth Shower Speaker Handsfree Speakerphone Compatible with All Bluetooth Devices Iphone 5s and All Android Devices (Blue)}

SoundBot® SB510 HD Water Resistant Bluetooth 3.0 Shower Speaker
(***) - Price: $14.99; Color: Blue; Black; White; Yellow; & Pink; black black; 6 Hours Playtime; Weight:7.2 ounces; No warranty listed. (See, SoundBot SB510 HD Water Proof Bluetooth 3.0 Speaker, Mini Water Resistant Wireless Shower Speaker, Handsfree Portable Speakerphone with Built-in Mic, 6hrs of playtime, Control Buttons and Dedicated Suction Cup for Showers, Bathroom, Pool, Boat, Car, Bea...)

AquaAudio Mini Ultra Portable Waterproof Bluetooth Wireless
(**) - $25.95; Color: Blue; Black; White; Yellow; & Pink and some other cool colors; For All Devices with Bluetooth Capability + Siri Compatible - 6 Hours Playtime; Weight: 4.8 ounces; no warranty listed. (See, AquaAudio Mini Ultra Portable Waterproof Bluetooth Wireless Stereo Speakers with Suction Cup for Showers, Bathroom, Pool, Boat, Car, Beach, Outdoor etc. | For All Devices with Bluetooth Capability + Siri Compatible - 6 Hours Playtime / with Built-in Mic...)

Wusic® Bluetooth Wireless Speaker
(***) - Price: $17.99; Color: Blue; Black; White; Yellow; Goes for 10 hours without recharging; up to 30 feet; Weight: 3.9 ounces; no warranty listed. (See, Wusic® Bluetooth Wireless Speaker, Waterproof and Portable for All Smartphones, Ipad, Apple Iphone, Android. Use As Speakerphone or Jam in Shower, Blast in Car or Boat. Outdoors or Indoors. Latest Stylish Design with Silicon - Quality Guarantee (Green))

Splash Shower Tunes by FRESHeTECH
(**) - Price: $29.95; Color: Blue; Black; White; Yellow; Run time: up to 15 hours; Weight: 2.4 ounces; no warranty. (See, Splash Tunes by FRESHeTECH (Blue) - Shower Waterproof Bluetooth Wireless Speaker)

Abco Tech Water Resistant Wireless Bluetooth Shower Speaker with Suction Cup
(****) - Price: $19.77; Color: Blue; Black; White; Yellow; Pink; Zebra Colors pink and black; Run time: up to 15 hours.: Weight 12 ounces. (See, Abco Tech Water Resistant Wireless Bluetooth Shower Speaker with Suction Cup and Hands-Free Speakerphone, Aqua)

Abco Tech Water Resistant Wireless FM Radio Bluetooth Shower Speaker has built in FM Radio when there is NO other company to offer the same combo Speaker set. It comes with a Micro USB Charger when NO other company offers this kind of charger for such a product. The battery lifetime of the speaker is amazing. Since I purchased these speakers 3 month ago, I only charged it two times, and I use it twice a day for about 25-35 minutes per usage. It comes also with "next" & Previews" buttons so you can skip tracks without messing around with the volume buttons like others. I am really impressed with sound quality of this speaker, for such a little speaker it is truly amazing. Of course I cannot compare it the speaker such Bose SoundLink Mini Bluetooth Speaker. For the price, below $30, this speaker is a very good value.
The only drawback I do have with this speaker is that when I play the FM radio, I cannot see which station is playing. When I contacted customer service in regards to this issue, I have been told that their next product will have a LCD Screen and presets so it will be more user friendly to use. Very good customer service. It is reasonably priced, and it has a lifetime replacement warranty.

Abco Tech Bluetooth 3.0 Powerful Speaker is the very NEW in Bluetooth shower speaker family. Its name speaks for itself. It is POWERFUL! It has FM Radio Digital Tuner with 10 Station Presets. I can easy listen one of my favorite stations 88.0 -108.0MHz. I like this feature a lot and now it is even better. This speaker has an LCD Display. It show what radio station currently playing; very convenient. It has the clock set. Works well with iPhone 6.
This speaker is larger than any other showers speakers, product dimensions: 5 x 5 x 3 and it has three suction cups attached to the back. And also it has all the features that Abco Tech Water Resistant Wireless FM Radio Bluetooth Shower Speaker has. Did not notice any cons, so far so good. I wish I could rate it six stars... Well, it certainly deserves the highest rating.

Abco Tech Water Resistant Wireless Bluetooth Shower Speaker with Suction Cup comes with a Micro USB Charger, and the quality of the sound is really good compared to others, the battery life is amazing and it holds a week charge as the minimum. Four stars indeed.

I rated the
KINGLAKE® New Waterproof Wireless Bluetooth Shower Speaker,
Wusic Shower Speaker, and
SoundBot® SB510 HD Water Resistant Bluetooth 3.0 Shower Speaker
three stars because all three speakers are inexpensive and the sound quality is not bad for the price, but it only charges via DC2.0mm so figure you lose the charger you have to purchase a new speaker. Although the reviews are pretty solid but still the charger is a very big issue in my opinion.

The AquaAudio Mini Ultra-Portable Waterproof Bluetooth Wireless Speaker has very similar to others features such: Compatible with any Bluetooth media player, skip songs and forward/back/pause/play and e.t.c. It is also charges via DC2.0mm charger cable, 6 hours playtime. But price is high. My rating is two stars.

I was very disappointed with the Splash Shower Tunes by FRESHeTECH because the sound was awful and battery life is about 25-40 minutes per charge. Maybe I just got lucky to receive a broken speaker. I had to contact customer service in regards to issues and they said that they can't do anything, I have to buy a new one to get it resolved. Bad customer service. In addition, the price is high and speakers can be charged with a DC2.0mm charger.Taking in consideration all issues with Splash Shower Tunes I rated it only one star, despite the fact it has upgraded battery with 15 hours run time.

OPINION: The best of these products are the more technologically advanced Shower speaker is Abco Tech Water Resistant Wireless FM Radio Bluetooth Shower Speaker with Suction Cup and Hands-Free Speakerphone, Orange/Blue

RATING:

Five Stars:
Abco Tech Bluetooth 3.0 Powerful Speaker
Abco Tech Water Resistant Wireless FM Radio Bluetooth Shower Speaker with Suction Cup, Orange/Blue

Four Stars:

Three Stars:
Wusic Shower Speaker

Two stars:
AquaAudio Mini Ultra-Portable Waterproof Bluetooth Wireless Speaker
The Splash Shower Tunes by FRESHeTECH

I was given all of these products to test and evaluate. My review of all of them is objective and was not influenced by the fact that they were supplied to me without cost.

Prices current as of 11/21/2014.
on September 10, 2014
Best thing EVER!! I freakin love this little Aqua speaker. I had been using an old portable iPod dock for years lugging it in and out of the bathroom, having to plug it in and make sure it never touched water (or poof there I'd go) BUT THEN!! I saw an ad for this and I've been singing in the shower ever since!

No seriously this little AquaAudio maybe small but its great. Obviously its not built with super-bass quality Bose Stereo sound BUT it does give you really great sound from such a small device. The device synced up nicely with my iPod, which is 1st gen iPod touch and both my sibling's iPods, which are later newer models. Oh and all of our iPhones synched with the Aqua Pod too (models iPhone 5s and iPhone 4) Only issue with all the devices syncing with the same device is sometimes, but not all the time, is if I tried to play my iPod when my brother had been the last to use it and he is in the vicinity of the bathroom while I'm trying to sync up. The Pod will remain synced to his device till he turns off the Bluetooth on his iPod so that mine will be the only device signaling the Aqua Pod.

As for the rest of the device the buttons, they aren't hard to press and are simple/easy to use. You can even call while in the shower, not sure I'm ever going to use that function but I like that the options there. Perhaps one adjust to this model that could make it more amazing would be a manual control for the volume. As of now what you set the volume at on your music device is what is played on the Aqua Pod, but most of the time I play the music overly loud anyways soooo *shrug.

The suction cup is how you hold the device wherever you decide to place it, the cup is located in the back and it is solid in its grip, just don't hit the device forcing it to the floor, as I may have already done *cough. The cup is removable so I assume you could take the device other places, though I bought explicitly for the shower so I'm keeping it set in place.

Now the best and final feature that is truly worth it all is the USB cable that you attach to any computer or iPhone adapter to charge the device. Yes, that's right, No batteries needed! That's freaking great for me cause seriously with how many people using the device daily, let alone weekly in my house, this thing would cost me a fortune in batteries making the device not worth what I paid for it originally. But the makers were geniuses and made it with a re-chargeable battery so when my brother takes his 1hour and 30mins showers daily and I finally get a chance to relax and use my device and just my luck I find its dead. I have no worries, all I need do is re-charge it and take my relaxing 30mins when I want too.

Overall, Great product no real complaints thus far and I've had it for almost 3 months, at the time of this posting. I'm super pleased and psyched over this product I've told friends and my team about this just device because I've finally found what I've been looking for in a small decent priced shower waterproof speaker. My time to relax has always been in the shower and now to have my music directly in the shower with me is AWESOME!