5.0 out of 5 stars My husband still loves it!
Published on October 28, 2010 by Tina Bowen

1.0 out of 5 stars not worth the money
I bought one when they first came out they reduced nitrates some but overall not worth the money plus I think they are ridiculously overpriced
Published 9 months ago by pcbdude29

5.0 out of 5 stars My husband still loves it!, October 28, 2010
Tina Bowen (Ormond Beach, Florida) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Aquaripure Nitrate Filter- Small (Misc.)
Our family has had the small Aquaripure filter in our tank since about 3 months after we set up the tank a couple of years ago. Until we got the Aquaripure filter we had to do big water changes seemingly all the time to control water quality and keep the algae at bay and it never seemed like we were doing enough. Well, about a month after we installed the Aquaripure it seemed to really kick in and soon the algae seemed to not be so bad and the water quality seemed to really improve. Also, we definitely were able to let up on the constant water changes. The nitrates went to zero and ever since then the tank looks great with very little effort on my part. I do a little water change every 2-3 months as Aquaripure recommends but that's about it. All I do is inject a little nutrient maybe once a week and adjust the flow rate about twice a week. This filter has really made a tremendous difference to the tank and saves a ton of time and I highly recommend it to anyone! And of course, my husband still loves it!

5.0 out of 5 stars DOES WHAT NO OTHER FILTER WILL... ESSENTIAL FOR ALL AQUARIUMS!, May 20, 2014
This review is from: Aquaripure Nitrate Filter- Small (Misc.)
I've had the small Aquaripure filter since 2009 and it has been through some rough times. A couple different tanks, long periods of non-use (drying out), and even being left in the garage during a freezing Minnesota winter. It has survived fine; no leaks. I've never even "recharged" the bacteria inside it. The bacteria will naturally re-grow in time. My heavily loaded 60 gallon reef tank which has been set-up for only 5 months has 0 nitrates. ZERO! I have not yet done a water change since it is the worst part of this hobby and I hate doing them.

The only gripe I have about it is it should come with a "dosing pump" which would automatically adjust the flow rate through the unit. As it is, you have to manually adjust the drip rate every couple days. Not a huge deal, but as much automation as possible in this hobby the better. Also, a dosing pump may improve the performance of the unit via consistancy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Nitrates reduced, September 16, 2011
This review is from: Aquaripure Nitrate Filter- Small (Misc.)
First, let me say that this product did no harm to my salt-water tank. When I installed this product, none of my fish died.

I was having an issue with high nitrates levels even with weekly water changes. This product reduced my nitrates levels to a very low level.

I was hoping that this product would solve my algae problem since high nitrates are often the cause for excessive algae. Sadly, reducing the nitrate level did not solve the algae problem for my aquarium.

5.0 out of 5 stars works great, September 9, 2013
This review is from: Aquaripure Nitrate Filter- Small (Misc.)
I had 80-100 ppm of nitrates in my 55 gallon fresh water aquarium, knocked the nitrates down to less than 10 in 10 days. now 20 days in and nitrates are 0-5. squirt 5ml of vodka in twice a week and good to go... I vary the flow as required... I highly reccomend this product if you have high nitrates. eliminates water changes.. fantastic...

4.0 out of 5 stars Great product just be sure to not only monitor the connections for leaks but the main filter body., April 11, 2013
This review is from: Aquaripure Nitrate Filter- Small (Misc.)
Unit leaking from body; arrived to day at 6pm installed by 6:20pm unit begins to leak instantly from cap assembly where it threads into the base from the start with effluent valve fully open (without placing back pressure on it from the valve); flooded my base cabinet in my red sea 250. I was more concerned with the lines leaking never did I expect the main body to have a leak. Needless to say I am not excited at the moment about this product; I have contacted the reseller to resolve the problem.

Update 4/24/2013:
CSR shipped a replacement quickly (not at all what I was expecting). It arrived last night and worked just as expected. They mentioned the rubber O-ring that seals the head to the body maybe defective.

1.0 out of 5 stars not worth the money, April 27, 2014