5.0 out of 5 stars Don't waste your time on other LED fixtures!
Published 21 months ago by Stoobiwik

3.0 out of 5 stars ok for smaller tanks
I intitally had purchased two of these for a 125 gallon planted tank. I probably should have researched into more specialised forums, as I discovered too late that the light output on this is way too low for the tank size that I had.
Even with all three light slots filled, the light levels were even visually too dim and therefore impossible to use on a planted tank...
Published 6 months ago by nipar awi

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Don't waste your time on other LED fixtures!, February 23, 2013
This review is from: Aqueon LED Aquarium Light Fixture, 36-Inch (Misc.)
Bought this on a whim when my Coralife lighting died after 2 years, unfortunately I bought the wrong size locally. I still plugged it in and put it on my 65 gallon tank to see if it was worth ordering the right size - boy was it ever! I am excited about the new light, even though it hasn't arrived yet. I had to go buy a Marineland LED Single bright in the meantime and the difference between the two is astounding! The aqueon, especially with it's changeable lights, is well worth it!

Edit: Correct size arrived, the light output is AMAZING! Don't waste your time on Marineland LED fixtures! This is more bang for the same cost, and you can change the LED strips yourself which you can't do with marineland!

I should note that I have 2 light strips in it currently, it comes with one and supports 3, so be aware of this. The initial light output is still more amazing than marinelands which has no support for extra lights. Be sure to pick up 2 more tubes of lights if you want the max light output, but you wont be disappointed with the initial light output.

5.0 out of 5 stars Bright, Clear Light - Awesome!, April 3, 2013
GSUMom (Laurinburg, NC, USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Aqueon LED Aquarium Light Fixture, 36-Inch (Misc.)
It took 3 shipments but once were able to install this light we loved it (the first two arrived damaged - but thanks to Amazon's easy return/replacement process we were finally able to get a good one!)!

It is very bright on the standard setting, and shines a softer bluish light for the night-light setting. It fits perfectly on our aquarium and shines a very clear/white light - it isn't yellowish or "dingy" looking like some other aquarium lights can be.

The operation is simple enough that our 10 & 5 year old are both able to turn it on/off but it is not so flimsy that it can be accidentally turned on/off.

We now have very happy fish!

4.0 out of 5 stars Great light, but the Amazon description is a little misleading., September 22, 2013
This review is from: Aqueon LED Aquarium Light Fixture, 36-Inch (Misc.)
Don't get me wrong, I really like this light. It was so easy to set up and adding extra lamps to it is a snap. The fish and plants look great under the LEDs - the colors really pop. I have a planted tank and right now have 2 lamps in - one daylight, and one color enhancer - and I think that there is more than enough light for the plants, but if it turns out I need to add a 3rd bulb or switch out a dud, I am happy that there is the option to do so.
As is it, the LEDs are bright... bright enough that when looking in our screen door from the curb during the day, you can see the light on in the tank.

So I have no issues with the light. My small gripe is with the description currently on this page. The listing describes the light as having 3 settings - daytime, nighttime and moonglow. Please be aware that while there are 3 settings, one of those settings is OFF. So the settings are OFF, daytime (all lamps on), or moonglow (all lamps off, two single blue LEDs on.) And while the 2 blue LEDs are nice for a 'moon' effect, the lamp does not have a "nighttime" setting as described. I was expecting a function where maybe only 1 of the lamps went on, creating a less bright effect for evening. I am ok with the lamp not having this feature, I just think the listing should be more accurate.

The only thing that I would like to see different is the same thing some of the other reviewers had mentioned - instead of a single switch, I wish that the lamps were wired separately from the moonlights, so that each function could be put on a timer.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great light, great price, August 15, 2013
This review is from: Aqueon LED Aquarium Light Fixture, 36-Inch (Misc.)
Replaced my old T5 fluorescent hood light with this LED fixture. Light output was bright yet soothing without that annoying buzz that you get from old fluorescent bulbs. Love that you can add/replace LED bulbs. Fixture is light weight and sits nicely on the hood of your tank. Shimmer effect and moonlight feature is added bonus. I also like that you can remove the "feet" by unscrewing the plastic end piece which would allow this fixture to sit closer to your hood.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome, November 1, 2013
This review is from: Aqueon LED Aquarium Light Fixture, 36-Inch (Misc.)
Price was the best around, packaged to survive the shipment and then some! Even was provided with a 10% coupon for my next order, would highly recommend this purchase to anyone. Oh and the light it's self makes the tank look crystal clear added a COLORMAX bulb to the white already included and have had tons of compiments at the house warming party!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Who knew a simple light change could make such a difference., August 30, 2013
M. Updike (Detroit, MI, USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Aqueon LED Aquarium Light Fixture, 36-Inch (Misc.)
I have a 45 gallon tall aquarium with freshwater schooling fish of varying colors (tetras, mollys, platys). This tank came with a hood and a standard single tube fluorescent bulb. I always thought the lighting a little low, but 'good enough'. When the original hood broke during a move, a new light was called for. The difference in the look of the aquarium and colors of the fish is astounding. I combined the single bulb that came with the light with two B009P63HDM and the difference is like night and day. The built-in 'moonlight' (two blue LEDs) setting looks nice at night and doubles as a low nightlight in the living room now. The bulbs and lamp all came next day securely packaged with no damage, as expected from Amazon. I would whole heartedly recommend this to all aquarists live plants or plastic. With this light I am finally going to make the transition to live :).

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Product, January 19, 2014
This review is from: Aqueon LED Aquarium Light Fixture, 36-Inch (Misc.)
Aqueon LED Lighting system provides bright LED light for my 40gal aquarium. The product uses rubber connetions that are sealed from moisture. I like how you can add different LED lamps. I also like the night time LED lamps. Fits nicely.

5.0 out of 5 stars Aqueon 36in LED, December 26, 2012
This review is from: Aqueon LED Aquarium Light Fixture, 36-Inch (Misc.)
No problems with the set up. I have a 125 gal aquarium that is 72in long so I purchased two lights. As usual LEDs produce a brilliant white light that shows all the details. I use the moonlight feature along with a 14in blue LED light/air stone to create a beautiful night sence in my tank. I plan to add the colormax bulbs soon.

5.0 out of 5 stars VERY happy with everything, November 11, 2014
This review is from: Aqueon LED Aquarium Light Fixture, 36-Inch (Misc.)
We upgraded to a newer, larger aquarium and I did some research looking for a new light source. The price and features for this seemed worth the purchase. VERY happy with everything. I bought a second LED lamp due to others feedback about 1 not being enough or poor packaging from the manufacturer. Mine arrived in PERFECT condition and for a 55 gallon tank, one lamp PROBABLY would have been enough and the two I now run seems a little over the top (seems to really startle the fish when I switch on in the morning). The blue "moonlight" mode is PERFECT! More than enough light to illuminate the entire tank and leave a really neat blue shimmer on everything. My plecostomus seem to really like this feature as they are more active now than without it. I understand how some would like seperate cords for running timers, but my daughter LOVES her "chore" of putting the fish to bed when gets ready to go to sleep. Very good upgrade from the flourescent lights we had in the past, very happy with it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Moon Glow and All, November 10, 2012
This review is from: Aqueon LED Aquarium Light Fixture, 36-Inch (Misc.)
I have been interested in LED lighting for my aquariums for some time. Most are more expensiove than I would like. This one from Aqueon was just right for my budget. But beyond cost, it provides plenty of light in a pleasing color for my 65 gal aquarium and the the moonglow lights are a special treat. As soon as I want to afford it, I will be buying the size that will fit my 37 gal aquarium. I recommend this product whoelheartedly.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›