5.0 out of 5 stars More cute dolls from Aranzi Aronzo
Published on March 23, 2008 by Genevieve Hayes

1.0 out of 5 stars Meh
The vast majority of patterns (with one exception) in this book are simple flat stuffies. This isn't all bad - it's a good book for learning construction techniques, and progresing through the projects is probably useful for a total novice. However, anyone with any experience sewing and following patterns will find this book irritatingly simple.

My copy's going...
Published 19 months ago by Cait Hunter

5.0 out of 5 stars More cute dolls from Aranzi Aronzo, March 23, 2008
This review is from: Aranzi Aronzo Fun Dolls (Let's Make Cute Stuff) (Paperback)
"Fun Dolls" can be thought of as "Cute Dolls" volume 2. "Cute Dolls" provided patterns for making 18 full-sized (8-12 inch) Aranzi Aronzo character dolls (if you aren't familiar with the Aranzi Aronzo characters, check out the Aronzo website, [...] - they're sort of like the Sanrio/Hello Kitty characters, only with more personality) and "Fun Dolls" provides more of the same (18 more patterns). However, because most of the more popular and well-known Aronzo characters were dealt with in "Cute Dolls", this time around, the patterns are for some of the lesser characters (and, in some cases, ones that I had never even seen before). That's not to say that they're not cute, they are, but if you're looking for a pattern for making Brown Bunny or Bad Guy, you should buy "Cute Dolls" instead.

As was the case with the other Aronzo craft books, the patterns are easy to follow, the instructions are fully illustrated and there are colour photographs with hilarious captions throughout.

This is the third book in the Aranzi Aronzo "Let's Make Cute Stuff" series. People who enjoy this book should also consider purchasing the other books in this series: "The Cute Book", "Cute Dolls" and "Cute Stuff".

4.0 out of 5 stars fun stuff, February 10, 2008
This is the first Aranzi Aronzo book that I picked up. I chose this over the other books because I liked the wider variety of dolls (snakes, cars, turtles, bears) that they featured. So far though I've only managed to make the bears, dogs and bunnies so it looks like I'll probably be picking up the original "cute dolls" as it seems to have more of the... er... cute dolls. Instructions are incredibly easy to follow. Another reviewer mentioned that the measurements are metric but I honestly haven't even noticed as I haven't had a need to measure anything because of the great pictures/explanations. I like the consistent reminders throughout the book to try new fabrics, to have fun and, of course, to make things cute.

5.0 out of 5 stars Aranzi Aronzo Fun Dolls, January 21, 2008
Jessica Birch "Jess" (Melbourne, Australia) - See all my reviews
I have been searching for so long for a really great book on making simple but gorgeous kids toys, and this book is just that. The ideas are fantastic and instructions are so easy to follow. My kids have already put in many orders for one of each of the toys! Just fabulous.

5.0 out of 5 stars way to have fun...., June 3, 2009
trace (South Africa) - See all my reviews
We actually live out of the country and I ordered this book on our last "US-run" so it's been tucked away along with our other rainy day surprises. We got it out last week after an injury that kept us in the house and off our feet. My 9 year old girl and 11 year old boy were instantly inspired and super excited about the different animals in this book. I was thankful for the step by step directions. We used two pair of ripped pants to make some adorable turtles. My two, with no sewing experience, had such a great time and created something they were proud of with just a couple of days, a pair of old pants, stuffing we stole from the dog's pillow and a needle and thread. They both immediately started on two more turtles to give as birthday presents to friends. We now have a list of the animals they'd like to try next... and since they are all as do-able, and as quality as the turtles we made - we might soon be over-run with softies at our house. And that is totally fine by me.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fun for both boys and girls!, March 20, 2008
I love Aranzi Aronzo books for their super easy instructions and light-hearted tones. So far, this one's my favorite. I actually laughed out loud while flipping through the pages. I have a boy and a girl and there are tons of things in this book that both of them love. The patterns are so easy and there's no need to measure anything. A few of them suggest enlarging them slightly, but they look great as is! I definitely recommend this book to anyone looking to make cute and easy kids' toys.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fun and Unusual Designs!, January 31, 2008
I love the variety of designs in this book; there are ideas for both boys and girls such as stuffed cars, cute bunnies, bears, and snakes. The directions are very easy to follow, although all of the measurements are given in metric (finding a metric ruler was the hardest part of the whole process!). The narrative that goes with the instructions give the projects personality.

4.0 out of 5 stars cute patterns easy to follow, February 17, 2009
This is another cute book by aranzi aronzo. the patterns are easy to follow but must need to be enlarged which is kinda a pain. and there are some patterns that are very similar. i really like the turtle and coffee cup patterns but there are also patterns for bunnies, bears, cars, pigs, and dogs.

4.0 out of 5 stars FUN, EASY AND CUTE, September 27, 2008
The book really has some easy, cute and super fun ideas for doll making. The only thing is that the seam margin is WAY to small.

5.0 out of 5 stars I love this book!, April 15, 2012
MaggieMoo (San Francisco) - See all my reviews
I just started learning how to use a sewing machine, so my mom got this book for me as a gift. I love all the pictures and easy to understand patterns- especially the instructions on how big to blow them up. Now I only need to work on my poor sewing skills.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fun~quirky~EASY~silly~odd~CUTE, March 30, 2012
All right, so I already sort of did a review on this book whilst doing a review on "Baby Stuff", by the same authors.
But it bears saying again: I LOVE these books! After reading through the other reviews given on the Aronzo books, we settled on "Fun Dolls", "Baby Stuff", & "The Cute Book." Cute Book hasn't arrived yet, so I can't vouch for it, but the other two are just so CUTE< & FUN, & EASY< & odd, quirky, cool, weird, slightly dumb, & just plain FUN! My 15 yr old & 16 yr old daughters are making things out of them right now, & even my 13 yr old son is looking (guardedly, can't be TOOO thrilled about sewing....;-D) through the books, laughing, & planning on making 2 or 3 things. And the 16 yr old doesn't even like to sew, or craft, for that matter.
All that is required is some fabric scraps, a little stuffing, a bit of glue & embroidery thread, and a few pieces of felt. You could use the expensive wool felts, but honestly, my kids made a number of these little hummers out of the cheapo 12c felt from Jo-Ann's, and it works just fine. The patterns & instructions are easy, funny, & thorough. They make up cute little doo-hickey's, & even bored boys may have fun with them. Needless to say, I am giving this book 5 stars!

Aranzi Aronzo Fun Dolls (Let's Make Cute Stuff)
Aranzi Aronzo Fun Dolls (Let's Make Cute Stuff) by Aranzi Aronzo (Paperback - November 20, 2007)
$14.95 $11.91