5.0 out of 5 stars Well Made and Looks Nice but Still a Universal Plate
There isn't much to say about a universal quick release plate so I'll put a few bullets on what what matters most IMHO. Hopefully it will helps some fellow Amazonians.

- Black anodized metal plate, virtually no finish imperfections and a nice gloss
Published on April 18, 2011 by M. Voltaire

1.0 out of 5 stars Save your money!
Take a look at the generic plates before purchase of these we found the others just as good if not better as they have a coin slot to tighten where as this plate uses an impractical allan key.
The generic plates vary in cost from about £5.00 - £20+ upward all as good as each other, we know because we purchased most of them. Used in conjunction with Arca Swiss Z1.
Published 5 months ago by CSMedia

5.0 out of 5 stars Well Made and Looks Nice but Still a Universal Plate, April 18, 2011
This review is from: Arca Swiss Quick Release Plate 1/4 inches - Universal - 80mm long x 60mm Wide - 3.15 x 2.35 inches) (Electronics)

- Universal so no curved "lip" set against the battery grip to prevent rotation of body in portrait mode. The alternative is to get an RRS L bracket for almost 4 times the cost.
- I bought one last year and another one just last week. New plates now include a hex key for use with 1/4in screw. This can be an advantage or disadvantage depending on how you look at it. Having a hex key allows you to tighten firmly without having to use a quarter or nickel for example. However, lets say you have to swap camera body and are somewhere in the field and do not have the hex key with you this could be a problem. A coin likely will be much easier to find than a hex key.
- Manufactured in France if this matters to you. It does to me.
- Fits the ARCA-SWISS Monoball Z1 DP Double Pan with Quick Set Device "Flip-Lock" head (also manufactured in France) perfectly
- Works well with the 40D + battery grip, 7D + battery grip, and tripod ring of the 70-200mm 2.8L IS

Arca Swiss Quick Release Plate 1/4" - Universal (80mm long x 60mm Wide - 3.15 x 2.35")

5.0 out of 5 stars THE BEST!, June 17, 2013
Michael Harvey (Evansville, IN, US) - See all my reviews
I can't explain why but I always thought ARCA-SWISS was an over-hyped, over-priced brand that was merely a status symbol for snobby photographers. Boy was that ever a stupid (and ignorant) assessment!

This plate is for the ARCA-SWISS ball-head I just installed on my GITZO tripod (replacing that manufacturer's ball head).
OK - I get it now! And I somewhat sheepishly proclaim that, if you really want the best, just go with ARCA-SWISS from the start!

5.0 out of 5 stars The Best, March 26, 2014
D. Hall (Atlanta, GA) - See all my reviews
It's quality that you're paying for and this universal plate won't disappoint. There' snot much that can be said that hasn't been said by the other two 5-star reviewers. You're investing in quality and with Arca Swiss, you get just that. I've had other universal plates that fit my Arca Swiss Mono ball, and as it turned out, hey could not hold a candle to the one that's on my camera now, which is heavy and today, sports a 70-200mm piece of glass. Sure, there are universal plates that are generic and cost perhaps $10.00 to $12.00 cheaper. However, I returned mine. Happy shooting!

1.0 out of 5 stars Save your money!, October 22, 2013