Automotive Deals HPCC Shop Women's Clothing Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Look Park Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Enter for the chance to win front row seats to Barbra Streisand Segway miniPro

on June 13, 2012
I am chronically looking to charge my devices, yet one thing is in my car, I really do not like to clutter up the DC/cigarette port. I have found that the adapter that allow me to plug in regular AC adapters or the dual cigarette port adapters to be heavy, awkward, and even once shorted out the fuse to the cigarette port in the car. And I have difficulty finding storage in the glove box for those large items, and the cords, etc.

So, I was pleasantly surprised to find a device about the size of a thumb with two USB ports. It fits smoothly into the cigarette port, and two blue LEDs illumiinate the ports (they do not change colors once something is plugged in). So, began my road trip, charging my IPAD2 and using my Droid Bionic with the GPS ongoing (with the extended 2700mAh battery inside--like I said, I keep running out of juice!).

After about two hours of driving, the IPAD2, which was not used during the trip, charged about 20%, the Droid bionic improved about the same while using the GPS, bluetooth phone calls at times, with the screen at a fairly high brightness and the volume on high. The square end of the device stayed cool, the end inserted into the car was slightly warm, but not hot. Again, the small size was a big plus, as I found it easy to slip into my glove box with the respective charging cords, using very little space. I am impressed by this seemingly simple, yet elegant design. They did a great job by keeping it small and slim, elminating the bulkiness and the thickness of other DC adapters. And with almost everything going USB, I think this will save me from purchasing other adapters.
on December 6, 2012
I'm so tired of this. This is another one of those things that only delivers 1 A per port. The 2 A are for both ports combined, but this purchase is useless if your device needs more than 1 A.

To make this clear: using my Android phone with this charger it is still *losing* charge while using navigation. Can be a bad surprise on a long trip.

It's not that this is very expensive and Amazon accepts the return just fine, but it is still very annoying because now I have to wait for another round turn of
66 comments| 21 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 19, 2013
This charger has serious design defect. It didn't short the green and white sub-cable (#2 and #3, data) in the charger itself, instead shorted in the cable. You have to use the included cable to have AC charging (>0.5a). Other usb cables without shorting #2 and #3 sub-cables will only has USB charging (0.5a), which will not charge your phone at all if you have GPS or music on.

For those who can't return but still want the 2A charging, you can peer open your cable, and connect #2 and #3 together in the microUSB ends, leaving #2 and #3 open in the USB end. If you are geeky enough, you can also flash a ROM with quickcharge softMOD.
77 comments| 74 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 19, 2012
My car is an Acura TSX and the space for the charger is recessed into the center console and not very large. At first I was really worried that this charger couldn't fit with both cords attached. But I was wrong, it fit, even in the very tight confines of my charging port perfectly! This will be super handy for our road trips or even just around town when we both need to charge our phones, or if she needs to charge her Kindle Fire or my Asus Transformer Prime after watching movies. The charger feels solid and well made in a day and age where most things feel like they will fall apart if you breathe too hard around them. Would absolutely recommend to anyone who has lots of charging needs in the car. Also perfect to hook up to my Evo 4g to listen to music via my phone in the car without killing my battery!
on June 15, 2012
I used to charge my Verizon iphone 4s and

Pros
Allows you to charge both devices at the same time.
Angling of the USB cables is perfect for both driver and passenger
LED Lights are nice - but not really required.
Charges fast -no difference noticed between home and this charger.
Compact design which is slim and small.

Cons
LED Lights should have been next to the USB plug - however its not a must.

I would recommend this to anyone - especially with the price if phones today you don't want to be using a cheap product and then notice your phone doesn't work.
review image
on January 14, 2013
I received the charger quickly and using my cables from my home charger, it works great on my Galaxy Nexus and ipod at the same time, but the included micro-usb cable did not work at all in either port. That means I either have to buy a new cable or return the product. Hopefully the seller sees this and helps me out. UPDATE: I was contacted via email by customer service the day after I wrote this review and they shipped me a new cable that works perfectly and charges my phone as quickly as a wall outlet. It is not retractable like the original, but it is long enough to be useful and not too long as to get in the way. I'm very happy with the product now. It charges my phone and ipod or my friends iphone at the same time. Changed to 4 stars.
on February 21, 2013
Initially this didn't work with my Galaxy Note 2; it delivered about .51 amps, while the Samsung Note 2 charger delivers about .85 amps. After I left a bad review, the company emailed me and offered to send a new cable (I didn't even have to ask).

Result: the new cable works fine; the Note 2 draws about the same amperage from the New Trent as from the OEM wall charger. And I am impressed by the company as well as by their charger: these people really stand by their product.

Note that the device (in this case the Note 2) controls the amperage. It is the charger's job to "tell" the device that the charger is a wall charger and not a computer USB data port (which is limited to .5 amps). This is done differently in Apple and Android products. In android products, the two USB data channels should be shorted, and that is the purpose of the special cable.
on August 30, 2012
I have enjoyed having this charger around and my wife and I have used it a lot on road trips. She plays a lot of Scrabble and Boggle on her iPad and I use my HTC for the GPS keeping it on constantly. So having two outlets is a very big plus for us.
Here are my thoughts about this charger.
Pros:
There was protective film over the flat sides with the indicator lights, an unexpected but nice touch.
2.1A max output so it can handle larger electronics like an iPad as well as all the smaller goodies.
Indicator lights let me know when the charger is solidly in the socket.
USB connections on the charger were great for us. All of our electronics have USB adapter wall plugs making a seamless transition to this car charger.
The Y configuration of the plugs is great for connecting two devices at once.
The charger was able to keep up with two devices being used constantly at the same time. Neither ran out of juice.
Cons:
I don't like expanding connectors like the one that comes with this charger. I have too much trouble getting them to retract. I would rather have a regular cord but that is personal preference.
The box shows many different color choices but blue was the only one I could find on Amazon.

Overall I find this to be a terrific charger and would recommend it to everyone.
on August 23, 2012
I bought this to charge my Galaxy S phone and PlayBook tablet. The idea of having two ports is really nice. One thing I found missing was the lack of directions. There is nothing to tell you if either port can handle higher amperage devices, or if both will. The charger fits fine into the power poet of my vehicle, and both ports are accessible.

The included charging cable does seem rather cheap. The first problem I had with the cable is that the tip (micro-usb tip) is too short to fit into my Galaxy S phone. The plastic on the head is too thick to fit into the phone's port, so no connection is made. Using the cable that came with the phone works just fine, though.

My PlayBook requires a 1.8amp charger to charge. Since this is rated as a 2amp charger, it should charge my PlayBook. The description even states the PlayBook is supported. When the Playbook is plugged into the included cable, it doesn't charge while turned on. It does charge it with the power off, though. For comparison, I plugged my Playbook into my wife's single-port 2amp char charger (for her 7" tablet) and my PlayBook charged just fine, even with the power on.

All-in-all, I'm still on the fence about keeping this. It does charge both of our phones at the same time. If the PlayBook is turned off, it does charge it, although it would be ideal to charge while turned on so that someone in the back seat could watch a movie or play a game. The different angles to the ports is also a nice feature, but is it enough to keep it instead of finding a different one that works 100%?
66 comments| 17 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 11, 2013
Placed in my car cigarette lighter and nothing. Tried it in a different one, same. Pushed really hard while turning it and it would flicker on and off in just the right spot but when I released pressure it would go off again. Very poor design, just too loose of a fit. Very light, very small. I have other adapters that fit just fine in my car cigarette lighter, this one does not.