4.0 out of 5 stars The show is amazing, but the Pre/Post show ads are annoying.
The episodes are even more outrageous, and the animation is even more ambitious. As mentioned above, I DO NOT like the fact that FX is putting ads in the beginning and end of way episode for their shows. I could understand if it was an aired episode or even a DVD release, but in the digital domain I only want what I've paid for.
Published 21 months ago by HUGGIES

1.0 out of 5 stars $2/$3 Episodes *With* Ads?
Published 23 months ago by Norman Kingsley-sauer

4.0 out of 5 stars The show is amazing, but the Pre/Post show ads are annoying., March 14, 2013
This review is from: Archer Season 4 (Amazon Instant Video)

1.0 out of 5 stars $2/$3 Episodes *With* Ads?, January 22, 2013
I purchased every episode over the last season in HD at $3 a pop. Now they are putting ads in these? I appreciate everyone putting this information in the reviews so that I didn't pay for something I didn't expect. I will not purchase a single one of these episodes while they have commercials. It looks like I'll be waiting for Netflix to pick it up after the season is over without ads. I encourage anyone else that is put off by FX and Amazon allowing ads to do the same.

2.0 out of 5 stars Advertisements at beginning and end, January 19, 2013
So the show is funny as always (not peak Archer, but still great - let's say 4.5 stars), but there's a 15 second ad at the beginning and more at the end. My wife and I purchased this and there was no warning that we were paying for advertising. Lame, I expect to get the show and nothing else when I purchase.

1.0 out of 5 stars Stop the commercials, March 3, 2013
Please stop the commercials or we will stop buying these. Clearly someone has lost sight of why we buy these videos. If we wanted commercials we would watch regular tv. We pay a premium per episode for a reason. If you take away that reason we stop buying videos. It's not rocket science.

2.0 out of 5 stars STOP THE ADVERTISMENTS, January 20, 2013
2 min of ad's isn't what we should pay for. I love this show and own the other 3 season's but amazon should know better than this.

1.0 out of 5 stars I get to pay to watch ads?, January 28, 2013
Sorry but this is beyond the pale. I'm PAYING such that I don't have to watch ads. Honestly, is nothing too low for you media execs? Sorry but I'm not buying it- I'll wait for DVD. Way to ruin a good thing.

1.0 out of 5 stars Won't Be Buying This, May 24, 2013
Thanks so much for those who took the time to write a review notifying the rest of us we are paying to watch a show with advertisements. I just killed cable for this very reason, and have been very satisfied with Netflix and Amazon Prime to watch uninterrupted shows. But if this becomes a trend at Amazon, another service will be taking a dirt nap.

4.0 out of 5 stars Still a great series but paying for ads. Really?, February 27, 2013
This review is from: Archer Season 4 (Amazon Instant Video)
The show itself is still as funny as ever. The fact that ever episode is preceded by an ad for another Fox show is irritating considering the episodes aren't free. there are also more ads at the end of the episodes. It's just a bad business model. If it doesn't change next season I'll just wait to see it on netflix.

1.0 out of 5 stars WILL NOT PAY FOR ADVERTISEMENTS!!!!!!!, July 9, 2013
This is one of many great reasons to read others "Comments" before purchasing an item. I hate advertisements on TV but it is obviously a major source of revenue for shows and I can't fault them for that. But when I purchase a DVD collection of a show, I expect, demand, that there be NO advertisements. Paying anywhere between $15 to $50 for a collection should be good enough. You made your money airing ads on tv. You're now making more profit by selling the DVD. It's an insult and frankly a pain in the a## to watch and fast forward through this crap. I will not buy Season 4 because of what I learned reading these comments. I'll just DVR them on FX and FF through the commercials. You lost a potential sale and I hope others do the same. We gotta protest this BS somehow and this seems like a start. I hope you other readers do too!!

1.0 out of 5 stars Are You F'ing KIDDING ME!, January 20, 2013
I pay for these shows to NOT watch COMMERCIALS! If this is going to continue what the hell is the point of streaming video on demand. People are moving away from cable because they continually try to stuff in more advertising. If FOX is going to continue with this practice I can always find an alternative to spend my money on.