Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: ARCHER SEASON 4
Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Eli Paperboy Explore Premium Audio Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors

Format: Amazon Video|Change
Price:$19.99

on March 14, 2013
The episodes are even more outrageous, and the animation is even more ambitious. As mentioned above, I DO NOT like the fact that FX is putting ads in the beginning and end of way episode for their shows. I could understand if it was an aired episode or even a DVD release, but in the digital domain I only want what I've paid for.
on March 3, 2013
Please stop the commercials or we will stop buying these. Clearly someone has lost sight of why we buy these videos. If we wanted commercials we would watch regular tv. We pay a premium per episode for a reason. If you take away that reason we stop buying videos. It's not rocket science.
0Comment|139 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 22, 2013
I purchased every episode over the last season in HD at $3 a pop. Now they are putting ads in these? I appreciate everyone putting this information in the reviews so that I didn't pay for something I didn't expect. I will not purchase a single one of these episodes while they have commercials. It looks like I'll be waiting for Netflix to pick it up after the season is over without ads. I encourage anyone else that is put off by FX and Amazon allowing ads to do the same.
4242 comments|445 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 28, 2013
Sorry but this is beyond the pale. I'm PAYING such that I don't have to watch ads. Honestly, is nothing too low for you media execs? Sorry but I'm not buying it- I'll wait for DVD. Way to ruin a good thing.
0Comment|142 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 19, 2013
So the show is funny as always (not peak Archer, but still great - let's say 4.5 stars), but there's a 15 second ad at the beginning and more at the end. My wife and I purchased this and there was no warning that we were paying for advertising. Lame, I expect to get the show and nothing else when I purchase.
1515 comments|329 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 23, 2013
I was all set to purchase this season of Archer from Amazon, but luckily I saw the reviews discussing the ads first. I will not purchase digital episodes of a TV show that have ads on them. $3 a pop (for HD) is a lot as is for 24-minute episodes, and with ads there's just no way to justify (heh) it. It's a shame, because I wanted to actually buy the show, both to watch it and to show my support for it. Stunts like this will just drive more people to pirate. It's inexcusable that the illegally obtained version of this is actually a more appealing product than the legal, paid one.

I'm giving a 1-star review since the ads are clearly from FX's end, and put into the file itself. To me that's part of the product and thus validates the low review.

I hope they don't start doing the same thing with Justified. I gladly pay for it, but would not with ads. Ads are just a slap in the face at this price point.

I would even be ok if the ads just played at the end, during the credits or something. I would be just fine with a cheaper, ad-supported version. $3 AND ads for 20-25 minutes of content? Come on.

Like it or not, FX, the (well-established) norm for digitally purchased episodes is to be ad-free. You have lost my purchase with this move, and will lose it again on any other shows you use this same strategy on.
on January 20, 2013
2 min of ad's isn't what we should pay for. I love this show and own the other 3 season's but amazon should know better than this.
33 comments|316 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 27, 2013
The show itself is still as funny as ever. The fact that ever episode is preceded by an ad for another Fox show is irritating considering the episodes aren't free. there are also more ads at the end of the episodes. It's just a bad business model. If it doesn't change next season I'll just wait to see it on netflix.
on July 9, 2013
This is one of many great reasons to read others "Comments" before purchasing an item. I hate advertisements on TV but it is obviously a major source of revenue for shows and I can't fault them for that. But when I purchase a DVD collection of a show, I expect, demand, that there be NO advertisements. Paying anywhere between $15 to $50 for a collection should be good enough. You made your money airing ads on tv. You're now making more profit by selling the DVD. It's an insult and frankly a pain in the a## to watch and fast forward through this crap. I will not buy Season 4 because of what I learned reading these comments. I'll just DVR them on FX and FF through the commercials. You lost a potential sale and I hope others do the same. We gotta protest this BS somehow and this seems like a start. I hope you other readers do too!!
on July 27, 2013
"Unlimited, commercial-free, instant streaming is included with Amazon Prime" - except for Season 4 of Archer, which cost money to buy *AND* gets commercials.

Otherwise, yea, it's Archer. Needs more Pam.