Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Men's Leather Watches Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon $5 Albums Explore Home Audio All-New Amazon Fire TV Subscribe & Save Valentine's Day Cards Bring a little greenery into your home Amazon Gift Card Offer girls2 girls2 girls2  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Shop Now Sale

Size: 8 by 11-InchChange

on May 14, 2008
I ordered two of these and one came in perfect condition. The little rubber feet on the other one are just the tiniest bit uneven which causes it to rock the smallest bit. It's not a big deal and I am still satisfied, but it is a small annoyance.
on October 14, 2009
What really sets the Gripper cutting board apart from the pack is the gripper feet attached to the bottom. They aren't held there with adhesive; they literally are part of the cutting board itself, meaning they'll last nearly forever. I can't say enough good things about the feet; they provide a stable surface that's just unmatched.

As for the surface itself, it's smooth and incredibly hard - did you know bamboo is harder than maple, the traditional hard wood used for cutting boards? A quick wash with hot water and dishwashing liquid was all it needed to clean up, and some bamboo oil now and again. So very glad I purchased this - it makes life less of a headache in the kitchen!
22 comments7 of 7 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 18, 2009
Bamboo is naturally anti-microbial, so I prefer it over wood boards that house bacteria and can grow mold. This little board is a great size for preparing a sandwich or slicing a cucumber. Easy to wash and dry since the feet provide a gap for air to flow under the board. Has a nice style to it with the bamboo pieces arranged in long reed-like lines.
on September 20, 2011
The board is well constructed, but the little rubber feet were not pounded all the way in. The board wobbles.

I was able to fix it, after a fashion, by pounding them in a bit. I didn't want to break the board.
on September 9, 2011
These are so bad, we put them in the trash rather than even donating them to charity. We carefully hand washed them, dried them with towel, and let them air dry for several hours. Then we applied cutting board oil and wiped it off. Even with letting the oil stand on the boards, the oil would't absorb into the bamboo which left them slick. Went ahead and tried slicing a loaf of homemade bread (normal, not overly hard crust) on the larger board. The knife left deep gouges on the board which would not be practical to clean so they wouldn't harbor bacteria. This same knife works fine on other cutting boards. We tried these bamboo boards because of the gripper feet on the bottom. These boards were too inexpensive to ship back to ask for a refund.
on July 16, 2009
I keep this sitting out on my counter all the time for quick cutting of vegetables throughout the day. I've had it for a month, and it still looks like new. I rinse it daily and clean with vinegar. It is small enough to not be in the way and big enough that rarely have to get out a larger cutting board. I have several of the flexible cutting boards around the kitchen, and have started using them more for sliding cut foods onto so I can funnel them into whatever I cut them up for. The gripper feet are nice, and they keep the cutting board slightly raised which I can't help but think helps keep it dry.

Update October 2010: I am still using and loving this cutting board. No cracks, no warping. I rarely oil it. It is one of the best investments of a few dollars that I have made.

Updated August 2013. I rarely oil this board, and it is still working well. No chips, no warping, no coming apart. I love it.
on February 17, 2010
This is a good quality, thick bamboo cutting board and it doesn't slip with little pads on the bottom. It just turned out to be smaller than I imagined and I ended up buying a larger one to really be able to cut veggies and use this one for guest cutting helpers.
on July 9, 2012
The board looked nice, but it wouldn't sit flat. I think the gripper feet were a nice idea, but they weren't the same depth. So board was rocky. Not a good plan when working with a knife.
on December 29, 2009
I got this cutting board for Christmas and I love it!!!! It is a good size for what I was looking for. The rubber feet give it that little extra to make it perfect. It doesn't slip on the counter at all. Yes it does get cut marks in it but what else would you expect from a wooden/bamboo cutting board? I absolutely love it!!!
on August 14, 2012
This cutting board's best feature is it's rubber feet that keep it snug atop the counter as it is being used. They also keep the board from warping after it has been washed and is drying. I have used it for several months now and have been oiling it regularly so it still looks great considering all of the chops it has endured.