5.0 out of 5 stars Great Book with a new perspective!
I like this book because it teaches children to relate the things they are learning (ie counting) to the real world. The photographs are clear and visually interesting. This book provides a great alternative to the basic counting books. I also find it more fun to read books to my children that I also find interesting.
Published on April 3, 2000

2.0 out of 5 stars No triumphal arches for this book.
I was rather disapointed with this book. First the printing is mediocre and the photos are just boring. Only an architect could love this book. My kid just ignores it. It is a good concept I think but is in desperate need of better execution.
Published on January 27, 2002 by Helen Kim

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Book with a new perspective!, April 3, 2000
By A Customer
This review is from: Architecture Counts (Preservation Press) (Hardcover)

5.0 out of 5 stars Most Enjoyable in Boston/Cambridge; Favorite Memories, July 18, 2006
K. Brubaker (Washington, DC) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Architecture Counts (Preservation Press) (Hardcover)
We love this book. It's one of our favorite baby shower gifts. We first discovered it when our son was almost 2. It was especially fun because we were living in Cambridge, MA, at the time, and all the photos are from the Boston/Cambridge area. One of my favorite memories of his early childhood is the day we were driving in North Cambridge, and he suddenly called out (seemingly randomly) from his car seat in back, "Six Ducts!" Lo and behold, there atop the Alewife "T" station were the six red ducts from the book. Another is the time I happened onto him "reading" the book to himself; he had it open to the "six ducts" page and was saying, "quack, quack." (He is a teenager now, and I wish he were still so into books. I also hope he doesn't read this review!) It was our experience with baby board books that the ones we enjoyed "mysteriously" turned into his favorites too.

5.0 out of 5 stars Different and Interesting, July 31, 2006
Lily (Buffalo, New York United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Architecture Counts (Preservation Press) (Hardcover)
This book had been on display in the gift shop when I toured a Frank Lloyd Wright house....I didn't buy it then but checked on Amazon and sure enough it was here. It is defiinitely a different counting book exposing children early on to a little culture and something different besides 1 cow, 2 dogs, etc. The photographs are superb and interesting to the eye. Not only can you count but you can find interesting shapes as well.

4.0 out of 5 stars My mechanical one year old likes this book., October 1, 2008
This review is from: Architecture Counts (Preservation Press) (Hardcover)
My son is a little over a year old and he really enjoys this book. We have it checked out from the library and I'm going to put it on his wish list for Christmas. He has always enjoyed looking at things to see how they work and looking at the working parts of toys and items around the house. As an adult I don't think the pictures are incredibly special, but they are photos of everyday type things shown in a way that you might not notice if you were just around town.

5.0 out of 5 stars This book lasts, February 22, 2014
This review is from: Architecture Counts (Preservation Press) (Hardcover)
My young son will sometimes get tired of books. This book has lasted for over a year. I have actually sat around in the library waiting for the librarian to re shelve this so I can check it out again. Finally just bought it.

5.0 out of 5 stars architecure is fun to learn from!, June 20, 2008
H. Salisbury (Chicago, IL United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Architecture Counts (Preservation Press) (Hardcover)
As an architect, I enjoy giving these books as gifts because they are different from your run of the mill children's books. I like how they use building pieces to teach about basic shapes and colors. It is not a book that highlights popular or historic architecture - its more about the components.

2.0 out of 5 stars No triumphal arches for this book., January 27, 2002
Helen Kim (Seoul Korea (South)) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Architecture Counts (Preservation Press) (Hardcover)

Architecture Counts (Preservation Press)
Architecture Counts (Preservation Press) by Michael J. Crosbie (Hardcover - August 1, 1993)
Used & New from: $0.01