Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PME Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

TOP 100 REVIEWERon May 30, 2012
As a photographer who still shoots film on a weekly basis, I was very pleased to see some clear archival sheets for 35mm film here on Amazon. They are getting harder and harder to find in brick and mortar stores, and since they are no longer in high demand, stock is either old, has been stored improperly, or is lower quality. These sheets (PrintFile brand) are pretty decent, and apart from a couple of minor caveats are some of the best, low-cost sheets around.

WHAT I LIKE:
- The sheets are completely see-through. While this may not sound like much, I have encountered many archival sheets with a mild opacity that makes viewing your negatives rather difficult. With these I can pop the sheet out of my Adorama Archival Binder Box and view them immediately on a light table or with a loupe.

- They are relatively well made. All said and done I have gone through about 60 of these sheets, and so far not a single one has torn near the "O" ring holes, nor have the dividers between rows shown any sign of coming loose. Again, rather straight forward but you would be surprised how many other brands don't pay much attention to this detail.

- There is a white bar along the top that allows for a permanent pen to write on it. This is PERFECT for neat archiving of negatives, and something that I am a little bit fussy about. There is plenty of space, so I can fit my "Lisbon, Portugal - June, 2010 - Minolta X700 - Ilford HP5+" (etc.) without running out of space.

SOME MINOR CAVEATS
- While I knew this beforehand, I can't seem to figure out why this comes in 7 strips of 5 negatives? Perhaps it has something to do with standard binder sizes? Either way, if you shoot a full 36 roll you are going to have one shot left out. I would HIGHLY recommend picking up the PrintFile Ultima Archival 6 rows x 6 negative sheets instead if you shoot 36 rolls...if you're just archiving old pictures, however, the 7x5 will do just fine.

- The sheets are a tiny bit thinner than others I have used. While this isn't a huge deal, it does means that if you don't flatten your negatives beforehand the pages will curl rather easily. I have used sheets in the past that were thicker and less prone to this, but it's a good idea to flatten your negatives with a couple of dictionaries beforehand anyway.

OVERALL
I found these out of necessity (6x6 was out of stock), but they really are rather decent and I would definitely recommend them to anyone looking to archive old pictures! If you are a stickler about organization, the aforementioned 6x6 sheets are much more convenient.
on January 6, 2008
Strong, durable, exactly what my husband needed to organize all of his negatives. He's an avid photographer so these are great. You can title your negatives at the top on the white strip, they each hold 7 strips and fit perfectly in a 3 ring binder. I ordered 10 of them, and will be ordering more since my husband still has more negatives to organize! Definitely a must if you are tired of seeing negatives all over the place or piled high in shoe boxes, and a great way to preserve the negatives for future use!
on November 2, 2012
These are great negative storage sheets. If you print your own photographs in the darkroom, these are great for making quick contact sheets, so you never have to guess the contents of your film. Quality is exceptional, they are made of very nice plastic and have an area that you can label as well. The price from Amazon cannot be beat, and two days for shipping (Amazon Prime) is worth the wait, especially when the two photo stores in my area sell the exact same item for $15-$20.

My only problem (and I knew this going in) is that they only hold 35 negatives (7 rows of 5 negative strips). I knew that I would be keeping these in a binder for school purposes, and this size fits perfectly in a 3 ring binder. I thought about just keeping a separate storage sheet for all the single extra negatives, but its easier to just remember to only shoot 35 frames instead of 36.

Overall, extremely happy with the quality of these sheets, and I will absolutely purchase this brand again.
on January 9, 2012
I'm in the middle of a very large photo-organizing project with about 10-15 years of photos and negatives. I'm putting the negatives in these storage sheets then inside these plastic baggies along with the corresponding photos I have left (some are in albums or missing): http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004LKEZU6/ref=cm_cr_rev_prod_title
That way mold or water will not damage them and they are out of the flimsy paper envelopes from wal mart.
Then eventually I plan to scan all the negs with this, which I've already purchased:
Yes, it's a long project and will take many months/possibly years but will all be worth it once finished. All in all these negative sheets work perfect for this project.
on December 2, 2012
Looked for the perfect container to put my grandparents old negatives. This was perfect. They are clear enough that you can view the negatives as you are thumbing through the pages. The material they use is durable and does not feel cheap and flimsy. None of the pockets ripped when I put the negatives in.
on February 22, 2010
This is ok for smaller rolls of film, like 24 exposure. With 36 you are left with an extra frame. Other than that, they are easy to load strips into.
on November 22, 2013
Works well enough. I'm fairly new to film photography so I don't have a lot of negatives to deal with but I figure it'll be good to start with an organized archive. The plastic is fairly thin but it allows for really good transparency.
on May 22, 2016
In college, as a photography minor, I was notorious of losing negatives. Since graduation, I'm trying to keep up my negatives and to keep my film organized from undergrad and a film project I am working on, currently. Which will be up soon on my website, [...]
on January 10, 2016
holds up well even after several years of use. fits tightly so that the negatives do not slip out. Very reasonable price and a good product for at least a student. I do not use these professionally, but I think they would still hold up very well
on February 3, 2016
Not the best I have seen but they are in the upper level for sure. I got for the price and not the size. Shooting 36 frame rolls means you have to burn one frame or you will have a solo negative after loading into the pages.