4.0 out of 5 stars Above-average archival sheets.
Published on May 30, 2012 by Ciaran

3.0 out of 5 stars Crystal Clear.
These sleeves are pretty much the standard for most people. Over the years, I have gone through various brands and styles but this one is the one that seems to pop up the most often in stores or with the best price.

Pros: Really crystal clear. I've used other brands which are slightly hazy, but these will show you just about 100% of the color and detail of...
Published 17 months ago by Brian Lange.

4.0 out of 5 stars Above-average archival sheets., May 30, 2012
This review is from: Archival Storage Sheets 35-7B25 for 35mm Film Negatives 7 Strips 25 Pack (Office Product)
As a photographer who still shoots film on a weekly basis, I was very pleased to see some clear archival sheets for 35mm film here on Amazon. They are getting harder and harder to find in brick and mortar stores, and since they are no longer in high demand, stock is either old, has been stored improperly, or is lower quality. These sheets (PrintFile brand) are pretty decent, and apart from a couple of minor caveats are some of the best, low-cost sheets around.

WHAT I LIKE:
- The sheets are completely see-through. While this may not sound like much, I have encountered many archival sheets with a mild opacity that makes viewing your negatives rather difficult. With these I can pop the sheet out of my Adorama Archival Binder Box and view them immediately on a light table or with a loupe.

- They are relatively well made. All said and done I have gone through about 60 of these sheets, and so far not a single one has torn near the "O" ring holes, nor have the dividers between rows shown any sign of coming loose. Again, rather straight forward but you would be surprised how many other brands don't pay much attention to this detail.

- There is a white bar along the top that allows for a permanent pen to write on it. This is PERFECT for neat archiving of negatives, and something that I am a little bit fussy about. There is plenty of space, so I can fit my "Lisbon, Portugal - June, 2010 - Minolta X700 - Ilford HP5+" (etc.) without running out of space.

SOME MINOR CAVEATS
- While I knew this beforehand, I can't seem to figure out why this comes in 7 strips of 5 negatives? Perhaps it has something to do with standard binder sizes? Either way, if you shoot a full 36 roll you are going to have one shot left out. I would HIGHLY recommend picking up the PrintFile Ultima Archival 6 rows x 6 negative sheets instead if you shoot 36 rolls...if you're just archiving old pictures, however, the 7x5 will do just fine.

- The sheets are a tiny bit thinner than others I have used. While this isn't a huge deal, it does means that if you don't flatten your negatives beforehand the pages will curl rather easily. I have used sheets in the past that were thicker and less prone to this, but it's a good idea to flatten your negatives with a couple of dictionaries beforehand anyway.

OVERALL
I found these out of necessity (6x6 was out of stock), but they really are rather decent and I would definitely recommend them to anyone looking to archive old pictures! If you are a stickler about organization, the aforementioned 6x6 sheets are much more convenient.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect!, January 6, 2008
Strong, durable, exactly what my husband needed to organize all of his negatives. He's an avid photographer so these are great. You can title your negatives at the top on the white strip, they each hold 7 strips and fit perfectly in a 3 ring binder. I ordered 10 of them, and will be ordering more since my husband still has more negatives to organize! Definitely a must if you are tired of seeing negatives all over the place or piled high in shoe boxes, and a great way to preserve the negatives for future use!

5.0 out of 5 stars Exceptional Quality at a Great Price., November 2, 2012
These are great negative storage sheets. If you print your own photographs in the darkroom, these are great for making quick contact sheets, so you never have to guess the contents of your film. Quality is exceptional, they are made of very nice plastic and have an area that you can label as well. The price from Amazon cannot be beat, and two days for shipping (Amazon Prime) is worth the wait, especially when the two photo stores in my area sell the exact same item for $15-$20.

My only problem (and I knew this going in) is that they only hold 35 negatives (7 rows of 5 negative strips). I knew that I would be keeping these in a binder for school purposes, and this size fits perfectly in a 3 ring binder. I thought about just keeping a separate storage sheet for all the single extra negatives, but its easier to just remember to only shoot 35 frames instead of 36.

Overall, extremely happy with the quality of these sheets, and I will absolutely purchase this brand again.

4.0 out of 5 stars not too bad!, February 22, 2010
This is ok for smaller rolls of film, like 24 exposure. With 36 you are left with an extra frame. Other than that, they are easy to load strips into.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great to store Negatives, December 19, 2009
Christy F (Massachusetts) - See all my reviews
I love to take pictures & scrapbook. I have a lot of negatives and these sleeves are the perfect thing to store them in. I used to keep them the negatives in the sleeves from the photo developing store but they would be folded together in a lump or stored in envelopes. It was hard to find a negative when I needed to reprint a picture.

With these sleeves, they are stored flat and in a binder. The date can be written on the top of each sheet.

My one little complaint is finding the right binder to store them in. Some of the binders I had in my house didn't match up with the holes of the sleeves. To me, this is a minor issue.

4.0 out of 5 stars A good way to organize and view film negatives., November 22, 2013
Works well enough. I'm fairly new to film photography so I don't have a lot of negatives to deal with but I figure it'll be good to start with an organized archive. The plastic is fairly thin but it allows for really good transparency.

5.0 out of 5 stars Archival Storage Sheets, February 1, 2013
These are great, however I really didn't need to handle my filmstrips with such care and ended up using envelopes when I ran out of the sheets.

5.0 out of 5 stars perfect, January 21, 2013
these arrived quickly and in great shape. a very professional way to store negatives. i recommend this product and will use again in the future

5.0 out of 5 stars great product, January 6, 2013
great product
very easy to use and seem to be of good quality
we are ordering more to finish our negatives

5.0 out of 5 stars Old Archives, December 2, 2012
Looked for the perfect container to put my grandparents old negatives. This was perfect. They are clear enough that you can view the negatives as you are thumbing through the pages. The material they use is durable and does not feel cheap and flimsy. None of the pockets ripped when I put the negatives in.

Archival Storage Sheets 35-7B25 for 35mm Film Negatives 7 Strips 25 Pack
$8.60 $5.99
In stock. Usually ships within 3 to 4 days.