The manufacturer commented on the review below
4.0 out of 5 stars Not bad for budget conscious folks!
UPDATED ON 23 MAY:

Published on April 19, 2012 by aSiriusBee

The manufacturer commented on the review below
2.0 out of 5 stars Questioning Archos support of device...
Published on April 25, 2012 by Fusion

The manufacturer commented on the review belowSee comments
2.0 out of 5 stars Questioning Archos support of device..., April 25, 2012
This review is from: Archos 80 G9 Turbo ICS 8GB 8-Inch Tablet (Personal Computers)
Ordered this Archos 80 9G 8" after reading the few reviews it had and compared many tabs that were under $300. Decided to give this a try. So far glad I did. I am surprised that it is as responsive as it is running ICS 4.05. I had read that some other tabs were quite slow running ICS. One note, this unit is not shipped with Ice cream Sandwich pre-installed. It notifies you after you go through the set up wizard. Just click install, or go to about tablet, and search firm ware.
Pros:
Fast for tablet, good responded, no lag.
Nice graphics, really nice in movies.
Perfect size screen for browsing internet. I was thinking I may regret not going 10". No regrets so far.
Good market compatibility, although(Snap bucket)not supported.
Even downloaded flash video browser and can play hulu . Bonus... I was hopping it would work with hulu but had more doubts, so really happy that it worked.
So far impressive battery life, been running 5 he's with WIFI on and @ 55%.

Cons:
Only front facing camera. Not a big deal for me, I use my phone for that.
Little heavier than other tabs.
Volume control poorly placed right were I hold so I keep turning the volume up or down. I am left handed so I hold with right.
No light sense so auto lighting for condition will not work.
Only a single speaker, although has good sound.
I have only had for a day now so can not comment more at this time. Hope to write more pros later.
04/27/12: I can not put this thing down. With the case on I am not hitting the volume any more. Movies work great, ass well as music with head phones. Did have two lock ups now but with a push and hold on the power button was back running. Unloaded the app causing issue.
04/30/12 Update: Still very happy with this purchase. Average 8 he run time using WIFI internet, and streaming movies. Tried google play movies, and could not download, but could stream. Google play tech support is working on issue with download, they do not have alot of tablets running ICS yet.
05/03/12 Update: My only complaint so far; The cord for charging and USB connection is very short. I contacted Archos to see if they had a longer cord. They replied stating they have no information of longer third party cord. I replied back and stated I was not looking for third party cord, however wanted to purchase one from Archos. They again replied stating they do not have one and would not recommend a third party cord as it could damage the unit. So I am stuck with the short cord, or take a chance that a third party cord may damage unit. I expressed my frustration with Archos, however they told me the if the unit is working as delivered, they can not help. I have taken away a star based on Archos support. You will see a response from Archos to help on Facebook. Unfortunate that I do not have, nor will I get a Facebook registration.
05/05/12 Update, just received my SD card. Went with Transcend 16 GB Class 10 microSDHC Flash Memory Card TS16GUSDHC10. Card mounted right away. Works right out of the package with the Arhos 80 9G. I moved my music to the SD card and the music place perfect from the card. Now the kicker. I downloaded APP2SD to try and move the allowed apps to SD. Came up with 12 apps that can safely be moved. When I try to move any of the 12, the button move to SD in app management does not show. When I clicked on SD card option in APP2SD, it tells me this device may not support moving apps to SD. So I believe it is the app APP2SD. I down loaded a total of 5 different apps specifically for moving apps to SD and they all provide the same result. I have contacted Archos support, however have not received a response to this issue yet. Leaving rating for now. If I find this device will not support moving apps to SD, I will be back to lower the rating. So far I am happy with performance, not as happy with Archos support, and questionable on device compatibility.
05/09/12 Update: Still waiting on response from Archos on subject "Move app to SD". Have researched and tried non-rooting method found at: [...] This method did not work on the Archos 80 G9. Reverted back to (pm set-install-location 0)as the unit would not recognize the SD c!ard location for apps. Card is still working good, however music is the only thing I use it for. I would still like to free up more unit storage for apps that would not allow a move.
05/09/12 Update: Archos replied to move to SD question. They state ICS 4.03 does not support move to SD. I have read other systems running 4.03 are supporting move to SD without root.
New firmware 4.06 has less sensitive touch response. Now I find I have to press harder to get action, and frequently missing, or not getting hyperlinks to work without grabbing my stylus. Not a good thing. I have not reported this annoyance yet.
Update:06/11/12 GPS not working, Archos support had me reformat, so complete loss of everything. Still GPS does not work. Now regretting this purchase. Have had lock up problem about 2 times a week. And already once after new format 2 hrs later. Now removing 2 stars. Oops can not because touch screen not responding to press. There finally got the stars down to one.
06/20/12 Archos support stated: "Our software engineers are aware of the issue regarding GPS and should have this
corrected in a future firmware update." Now software release 4.07 released 06/19/12, and GPS is not one of the fixes. Have now read other site forums, that the Archos GPS issue has been known back as far as Jan 2012, others have stated it is like one long beta test for Archos. If GPS is important to you do not purchase this tablet. Now I really regret my purchase of this tablet.
07/18/12 Update, wifi started disconnecting every 3 minutes. I am running the latest firm ware 4.07 and have issued a customer service issue. GPS issue still not fixed, and no date can be given to correct the issue. I am very disapointed with my selection of Archos product. I will not likely ever purchase another.
08/07/12 And for the wifi disconnect issue, finally just received an email from support stating to again wipe everything clear and reload version 4.07. Seems the only response they have. If you read above I just did that for the GPS not working, they still have not loaded a new firmware for that. Now really regretting the choice of this purchase. If I could I would give zero star.
11/22/12: Update GPS now working, the last two history updates of the firmware did not state it was fixed, but have noticed the location is back working. Also wifi is more dependable, not dropping connection like was. Putting back one star for improved performance. Maybe they are listening...

stem
The manufacturer commented on this review(What's this?)
Posted on May 4, 2012 3:05:12 PM PDT
Fusion - thank you for your feedback. I am glad to see you enjoying the product, but I am sorry to hear about the service you received from our customer service department.

If you don't mind reaching out to me via message through our facebook page, I would be happy to look into getting you a longer cord.

Also, if you haven't already noticed, we just released a new firmware update for the G9s:

NEW G9 FW UPDATE: Version 4.0.6 - May 3rd, 2012

You can get the new firmware at the link below or wait for it to be pushed to your device - you will see an A in the lower right hand corner alerting you that a new firmware is available for you to download.

Some of the changes addressed with this firmware update:

- Wi-Fi: fix more disconnect cases happening on some access points
- GPS: increase stability of GPS
- HDMI: do not propose overscan setting when TV supports underscan
- muSD: improve reliability of card insertion detection
- muSD: fix read/write permission issue occurring with some applications
- Applications: fix platform reboot occurring sometimes after a while when using high CPU demanding applications

The manufacturer commented on the review belowSee comments
4.0 out of 5 stars Not bad for budget conscious folks!, April 19, 2012
aSiriusBee "Dana~" (Colorado Springs, CO) - See all my reviews
UPDATED ON 23 MAY:

Okay folks, last update! I also ended up returning the replacement sent by Amazon for a few reasons: (1) there was a minor blemish in the top half of the screen in the corner (it looked like a piece of dirt got caught in the screen), but it was so bothersome - I kept trying to "rub" it out! (2) 8 GB just doesn't cut it folks when you have about 160 apps on your tablet! Add in that you can't move any of said apps to your external sd card...well, enough said. For avid, "prolific" app users, invest in a tablet with at least 16 GB. I had apps freezing and force closing because I just didn't have enough room/memory available (3) On the back of the tablet (bottom left-hand side), it got so hot, I couldn't touch that area or hold my hand there! This only happened when I was charging and using the tablet at the same time, but still! I thought the tablet was going to be damaged, so I eventually returned it.

Needless to say I'm a disappointed; an 8" tablet is the perfect size for everyday portability, but it looks like I'm gonna have to wait until later on this year when a few more tablets are coming out. Maybe I'll get lucky and find my almost-perfect tablet...

UPDATED ON 10 MAY:

Well, I've had a few setbacks...(1) even with the ICS 4.0.6 update, my disconnect/reconnect Wi-Fi issues have not been resolved. (2) I also ran into a new problem with the headphone jack! I could only hear out of one earphone or I wouldn't get any sound at all! In order to hear out of both earphones, I had to have the headphone cable plugged halfway out of the jack! (3) Because this tablet doesn't support moving apps to SD, memory is eaten up. Tablet would freeze up in the middle of web surfing or listening to music, and reboot itself! You only get 8GB to start with, but out of the box you really only get 6.2 (or something like that).

Replacement tab on the way, so we'll see if the new one starts having the same problems. I'll have to get back to you guys on that after a few weeks. Right now, I'm typing this update on the new Toshiba Excite 10 (AT305-T16), which I am really lovin'! I've been looking for a tablet to use in place of my laptop for minimum schoolwork, and this may be it!

UPDATED ON 28 APRIL:

Does everything an Asus, Sony or Samsung tablet will do, but at a cheaper price, so I'm happy about that. It has a "kickstand " in the back for propping up next to your TV or PC; tablet has an HDMI slot, but you gets no HDMI cable in the box. The micro USB cable included is too short for me, so I'm using this extension cable: AmazonBasics USB 2.0 A-Male to A-Female Extension Cable (9.8 Feet/3.0 Meters) with the supplied Archos wall adapter. I also bought an anti-scratch/anti glare screen protector from the Archos website. Bluetooth works fine and there is no "lag response" with the touchscreen.

The only problems I have are: (1) the Wi-Fi disconnecting/dropping, but reconnecting a second or two later, (2) there's only one speaker, it's square & it's on the back of the tablet, and (3) the tablet is a bit heavy so holding for long periods of time in your hand is going to be a problem. How does that issue compare to the Kindle, the Nook tablet, or the Galaxy Tab 8.9"? I don't know. Those tablets may be a bit lighter, but probably not by much.

Performance is speedy, and I have no issues watching You Tube videos. I've yet to watch any movies, but that's not what I use this tablet for. I use it for music, light gaming, social networking, email, web browsing & eBooks. Battery life is excellent, but to optimize it, I use the "GO Power Master" app. This app lets me setup different power setting modes like 'Conference,' 'Super Save,' and a 'My Mode' setting. There's a few more, but I don't think I need to list them all - you get the picture!

Finally, I don't like the lack of accessories for this tablet, but that's not a deal breaker. Eventually, I'll find a worthy silicone gel cover to help with the "hand fatigue."

That's all for now folks. I'll update in a couple of week after I've had the opportunity to play around some more.

stem
The manufacturer commented on this review(What's this?)
Posted on May 9, 2012 9:26:39 AM PDT
Asiriusbee - What firmware version do you have? The newly released FW update address this Wfi Issue you described:

NEW G9 FW UPDATE: Version 4.0.6 - May 3rd, 2012

Some of the changes addressed with this firmware update:

- Wi-Fi: fix more disconnect cases happening on some access points

4.0 out of 5 stars Great value!, April 18, 2012
I've had this tablet for 5 days and I haven't had any problems. I looked at tablets for a couple months before deciding on this one. I'm very glad that I chose it. It does everything I need it to. You can't beat it for the price! Google Play, HDMI, GPS, Bluetooth, Android 4.0, and more. I definitely recommend it.

4.0 out of 5 stars A nice, mid sized tablet., May 22, 2012
Well, here goes.

First off, this is my first tablet. I was looking for a tablet to use as a digital portfolio, and for general dinking around. Frankly, all I wanted was a tablet that would perform at least as well as my phone - Samsung Infuse - and it does. For the price, it's amazing.

Granted, I've only been using it for about ten hours, but I will update once I've broken it in a bit more. First impression is, it's a very nice tablet. It takes awhile to turn on, but is very responsive, and hasn't lagged or frozen up. The screen is clear, and bright. The webcam is nothing special, but isn't much of a priority for me - Tested Skype, and it worked fine.

The battery was at 60% out of the box, and lasted me most of the day, with moderate usage. It takes a few hours to charge, but seems to hold it rather well.

Connecting to wifi was fast and easy, as was updating the tablet. Bluetooth paired with my computer with no fuss, not sure how it would do with headphones.

TL;DR version:

Pros:

Very, very nice for the price. Just as fast and responsive as the iPad 2 I got to fiddle with.

Excellent size and weight, good middle ground between 7" and 10.1" tabs.

Kickstand is convenient

Clear, bright screen.

Charges via micro USB, comes with a wall charger, and a plain usb cable.

Android ICS feels very clean, and is quite functional.

Good battery life.

Cons:

All plastic build. Still feels durable enough.

One dead pixel on mine. Whether it's an isolated incident or not, I couldn't say.

Speaker is on the back of the unit - While loud enough, it's kind of annoying.

From what I've heard from others, you can't put apps on a micro sd card. Not a problem for me, as I still have 5.5ish gigs of space for apps, which really don't take up all that much space. Might be an issue for others.

Misc:

The 3G card slot is just a USB 2.0 slot. If you want to plug anything into it, it will have to be tiny - Still, I like having the option. Make sure you go to settings, and 'enable' the 3G card, else it won't recognize whatever you plug into it. Browse a usb drive by going to Files.

Again, perfect size and weight. Not too heavy, not too light.

Packaging was simple and practical. Didn't need a machete to get the thing open.

I apologize if this review is a bit disjointed/rambling, but 'tis my first review. Again, I will update this once I've had more time to tinker with the tablet.

3.0 out of 5 stars Poor build quality, September 22, 2012
I bought my first one in May and was very pleased with it until the charging socket pulled out of the unit. Archos replaced it with a new one pretty quickly and I have had it for about 4 weeks. Now, the on/off button is stuck and it won't turn on. I'll have to return this one and they will probably replace it.
I'm astonished that such a reputable company can produce a basically excellent device with such cheap, (essential) periferals. I will never buy another Archos product.

4.0 out of 5 stars Why I bought the Archos instead of the Google Nexus, June 29, 2012
Jonathan "Anime Enthusiast" (Fredericksburg, VA, United States) - See all my reviews
In the search for the "perfect device" I have gone through a few. My main uses for the device are:
- Light Internet browsing
- Remote desktop to check on my home-server downloads / do web browsing that the tablet can't handle well on the PC's browser (using Splashtop or other RDP clients)
- Watching videos
- Reading (mostly graphic novels / manga)
- Light gaming

I had an Archos 70 G8 tablet, which I liked, though it didn't have Google store integration, it was easy to add, unfortunately that one broke and I didn't buy an accidental damage warranty on it. My main complaint was the screen aspect ratio - the 16:9 is a pain when trying to do remote desktop and for reading graphic novels.

I then bought an iPad, and I liked it except the size was too big to use one-handed, and it had no expandability. I ended up giving it to my wife.

Then I bought a Kindle Fire, but lack of expandability and Google store integration annoyed me so I gave it to my kids and decided to see where the market would go this Summer. It had the same annoyance with remote desktop, being a 16:9 device.

I had my eye on the Google Nexus but was also looking at the slightly larger, but not too large 8" 4:3 aspect ratio tablets. I waited until the actual specs were out on the Nexus and decided to buy the Archos for the following reasons:

- Archos had the 4:3 aspect ratio (it's the same resolution as the original iPad, just a smaller size - about the same DPI as the Kindle Fire)
- Archos has a micro SD slot
- Archos has native hardware acceleration for more types of videos than stock Android supports (you can get apps, like MX Player, but ultimately the experience playing the videos on my Archos 70 was superior to the Kindle Fire)
- Archos has HDMI out
- Archos has a USB port that can be used with flash drives (haven't actually tried that, but I read that it works)

To be fair, the Nexus has some things going for it:
- Higher screen resolution - though honestly, I'm middle aged, and I find the DPI on the Fire/Archos to be ideal for my current state of vision :)
- Newer version of Android
- Better brand history with Asus hardware

Also to be fair, here's my "gripe list" with the Archos:
- The WiFi issue described in many reviews still occurs - even though I downloaded the latest firmware that was offered. It wasn't a major issue, but was annoying.
- The screen viewing angle seems backwards - if you hold it in either portrait or landscape as intended by the location of the branding / camera you can't tilt it back very far before you stop being able to see the screen clearly. This is easily solved by just holding it opposite of the way it seems you should - e.g. "upside down". No big deal except a few apps refuse to respect being "upside down".
- The speaker is on the back, which means that if I'm trying to watch something in a room with other people without headphones, they hear as much (if not more) than I do.
- No stereo speakers - not a major issue, but the Archos 70 had them, and they don't cost that much.
- In portrait mode, you will either hit the volume or the power button if you're not careful.

There are some issues, which are not Archos's fault, but are issues with Android:
- The menu bar WILL NOT HIDE in some apps! This is so annoying - when using Splashtop for example, it covers the start menu on my remote computer meaning I have to scroll down on the screen if I need it... This is still way better than on a 16:9 device, but still, I want my full resolution! It does hide in the video app fortunately. When the bar doesn't hide I also accidentally bump it when I don't intend to when holding the device by the bottom edge.

And I find absolutely no reason to move apps to SD (which is an Android feature, not an Archos issue) - this device has 8 Gb, and I have a 32 Gb micro SD card that I paid under $50 for (probably even cheaper now) where I put all my media, using the 8 Gb only for applications and application specific storage. I'm in no danger of running out of room for applications.

1.0 out of 5 stars Ordered 04-12; 2mo use 12-12; Tech Useless, December 19, 2012
Search thorougly online; chose Archos; waited 6 mo. for release and in-stock; April, 2012 Ordered 101 G9 250 Turbo in April; didn't receive it for several weeks because out-of-stock again and again. Received late May, 2012. Damaged case - scratched, nicked and scarred on every surface; stand didn't work. Clearly my "NEW" unit was a refurbed or played kickball with.

Contacted Archos and sent pics of damage. Offered full replacement. Archos expected ME to pay return fees. Refused and, after 2 more weeks, FINALLY sent a paid-for return label. Returned. Received "NEW" unit (which we had agreed on - not a "refurb" because I'd recevied damaged "NEW" unit) in mid-June, 2012. Finally! Used for about 2 mos. Listed 8 problems, sent to Archos, they emailed back once; did not resolve. Unit quit for 3 weeks. Contacted Archos without any re-contact back in August. Finally, unit just came back on. Tried using again. Quit agiain within a week. Between approx. mid-Sept. 2012 and mid-Oct., 2012, had contacted Archos CS; Archos on FB; Archos Forum(s); CS by phone and Tech by phone. NOTHING! Not a single response! AND HAD NOT USED UNIT IN NEARLY 2 MOS>!! DEAD.

Finally, got "angry" as in so frustrated didn't know what to do. Sent EMAILS and such IN ALL CAPS!! Finally, finally, through FB they contacted me back. There resolution - send back and we'll replace. Link to label was no good. Took another week to get a good link. Again, I received an "I pay" label to ship. Emailed back and said, "NO!" Waited.....

It's now December, 19, 2012 - Long story short - my unit STILL IS DEAD; Paul Durante of Tech Support promised on Dec. 3 to see about getting our money back. He informed us a couple of days later that he could not, but there might exist one other option, or they'd replace it again. We have called him twice, sent him two emails and he has not called back "in a few days" as stated in his email. My husband is on the phone trying to get resolution as I type.

What, Archos, are you willing to do? This story is what I'm telling eveyrone. Your unit is worthless and your CS and Tech are worth even LESS!

DO NOT buy from Archos direct! You need someone to have your back.

3.0 out of 5 stars It's About Expectations, July 7, 2012
***Other buyers have noted there are lemon units out there. Be warned.***

That's why 4 stars and not 5. I had to take a chance on Archos.

OK, I bought this because of an overseas move/military deployment that is making me break a Smartphone contract...and I've been itching to get a tablet for several month. OK...since the iPad came out 2 years ago.

I needed a list of things including:
USB 2.0 full size
Ability to read books comfortably
Expandable memory...microSD AND an external HDD hookup!
Front facing camera (Skype when available)
The tablet needed to at least work as well as my *ancient* Droid Incredible--Not a high mark but surely required
I wasn't paying an arm and a leg for it (less than $250)

The Archos was chosen based on process of elimination. I didn't go with the other brands primarily because no wifi available where I'm going and proprietary anything makes me angry. I needed a media playing monster that wasn't going to break the bank but could also be functional as an Internet machine when necessary. The big seller was a full size USB 2.0 that would support a giant external hard drive with all sorts of media on it. I also like the idea of expandable 3g if I ever get to a 3g area...slim chance but still.

The size is PERFECT. 10.1 feels too big to be an effective reader. It may as well be a laptop/netbook at that point. 8" is big enough to feel like something is there and small enough to not feel cumbersome. Also, the flimsiness that people talk about is there but easily taken car of by the 3rd party leather cover which is recommended anyway.

The kickstand is an odd touch. I haven't explored exactly how it works with my usage-style yet.

The wifi antenna is a known issue...the reviews are correct in that it just doesn't have good range. Solution: Don't go more than 40' from your router. Duh. If your place is so large as to be able to got hundreds of feet from your router, splurge on a more high powered unit.

Archos has been a big (albeit lesser known) player in media devices for years. This thing plays any file you need it to and does so without a hitch.

8GB is plenty of space for the mere mortal. Until you get into about 100 or so Apps more than 8GB is overkill. I'd rather have a 16GB but it wasn't released yet...and it more than likely go unused anyway. The microSD slot does not have a cover on it. Really guys? That's an extra $3.50 I'd be gladly willing to shell out--I think that's a bush league move and another thing keeping this tablet at 4 stars. Honestly, that's my only (actually) legitimate, founded and proven gripe with this machine.

Some of the button placement is not well thought out (again documented by other reviewers and known before purchase) and I'd rather the USB be a little more accessible but it is there and it works which is more than I can say about the bulk of other tabs out there.

I bought mine directly through Amazon because I like Amazon's customer service. I know they will answer the phone when I call. Classy. Archos has purportedly less-than-excellent customer/tech support. Therefore, I'd rather have Amazon, LCC in my corner than whoever else is selling these machines.

Lastly, if you CAN NOT live without an Amazon app then don't get this. At the time of post, Amazon's store has no app. It's like someone cut off my right arm. I hope you're proud of yourselves...I'll be buying less from you when I am at home. That's a plug for the Kindle...it lets you download movies from Prime/Amazon's store directly to the tablet. Archos will let you stream but not take with you (here again, lack of wifi would require big expandable memory)

I'll update again, I hope this help you!

February 4, 2014

This tablet has outlasted my wildest expectations. That said, it's gotten progressively slower and no longer connects to the Internet as well as it used to. Maybe time for a memory wipe/reload?

I've been using it almost daily as an eReader and it's first 9 months were as a netbook/Internet interface.

PROS:
Connects to the Internet and can download books from Amazon.
Still has GREAT battery life in airplane mode. I can read for an entire day and into the night with no charging.
Can play any file I throw at it. Any. Awesome compatibility.
Plastic screen doesn't scratch. Durable.
Plays plug/play USB things like...keyboards. This is useful in that netbook capacity.

Cons:
Has slowed down over the years.
I've tried 10 ways from Sunday to get it to play a hard drive on the full size USB. Can't get it to work. Plays great on a thumb drive/adapter combo.
There is a spot on the screen that is a little brighter in all viewing environments. Disappointing.

Overall: I would have passed on this machine if I would have known about the lack of full size USB input. That was a huge thumbs down for me. Changing the rating to 3 stars. That said, I'm back from my overseas tour and love using it as a back-lit eReader. I won't be replacing it until it dies so that should say something. Everything goes back to my original statement: Expectation management.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fast and Stable, June 7, 2012
I chose this device because it is Google certified (mine came with Google Market, but an update replaced it with Google Play). I have an old Archos 605 media player and it still works today, so I took the plunge on this tablet. It is very fast and I have had no crashes in the first week. WiFi works well and all the apps I have loaded work great. This is my 3rd Android tablet. I tried 2 other brands first because the Archos tablets were not certified yet and did not have access to Google Market. I returned the other tablets for stability and battery life issues. This tablet is very stable and I can get through a full day on one charge (I use it for work). The screen is a bit dim, but turning up the brightness has been sufficient except outdoors where it is hard to see. Archos has not messed with Android much; it is a very stock build with very few modifications. Considering the price - A+

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice tablet, but---, May 9, 2012
I like the Archos 80 G9 tablet. Screen resolution is very good, has snappy performance characteristics, battery life is good. Stacks up well against higher priced tabs in most every way, except one big deficiency that matters a lot to me, and prospective buyers should be aware of. You cannot store apps on the SD card. Music and content, o.k, but not apps. Asking about this to tech support returns an answer that "if an app is designed to be stored on SD card on this
device you can put it there" - which is their roundabout way of saying that the device does not support movement of apps to SD. I have 40 apps on my g9 and all remain in internal memory. There is no option to move any app to SD. Music, photos, videos can be put on SD by cutting and pasting method from internal storage to SD using the included file manager app. 6.6 gb available internal storage is enough for many apps, but not sufficient for a real prolific user. I think Archos should provide a firmware fix for this problem. If it's not a concern for the prospective buyer, he or she should find a lot to like with the 80 g9.