Functions include :
8GB memory
2.4" screen (320x240)finger touch, no buttons
camera (640x480) photo and video
battery-14 hours
sound equalizer-normaal,MS equalizer,rock, pop, classic, jazz
Supports : MP3, WMA, WAV, AVI, MPEG and more

I hooked it to my pc. (usb connection) I downloaded some music, photos and videos. I use Windows and it was easy, just copy and paste.

Music playback is impressive, the sound is rich and clear. It plays with both equalizer presets and manual control. You can sort your music with folders or by looking under artist.

Video/photo playback- resolution is adequate for the somewhat small screen. Color is fine. Uses transitions when going from one photo to the next. (great
feature)

Camera- video and still photos.It has a zoom stepper. Effects include, B&W, solar, normal, negative. Backligt controls are normal, dim and bright.

Radio-FM reception is excellent.You may record from the radio too.
The headphones could be better, but this is a great price and you can use other head phones.
I did have a couple setbacks. It locked up a couple times and my Canon point and shoot videos did not appear, though my smaller resolution (Flip video) did play.
You can also use it to back up your pc photo, music and other data files.
This player is very reasonably priced and for all it does, it is really a great value that I recommend truly.
44 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
Listed below is a comparison of the similarities and differences between the Archos Vision 24c 8 GB Video MP3 Player with 2.4-Inch Screen, Built-in Camera, and FM Radio (Black) and the Archos Vision 30c 4 GB Video MP3 Player with 3-Inch Touchscreen and FM Radio (Silver).

The 24c version and the 30c version both have:

FM Radio:

Both versions of this player have radios that work very well. They each come with a series of options for listening.

They both have several region options (USA, Asia, Europe, and the 30c has an additional one, being Japan). Both players I received came preset to Europe, so I needed to change these to USA during the initial set up.

They both offer 30 save station slots, to make finding your favorite stations faster.

Also both players have the option to listen to the radio in both stereo and mono, and have ability to do an auto search for all receivable stations.

Lastly they each have a unique feature that allows you to record radio broadcasts and save them as music files in the player.

Pictures and Video:

Both players have the option view saved picture and video files on the screen. The 30c has a larger screen and can be turned sideways with the image auto adjusting to the way the player is being viewed. Also the screen on the 30c is larger, so if picture/video viewing is an important feature, the 30c has more advanced features for this and is more easily viewed.

Music:
Both players play music pretty equally. I find the menus in the 24c a little simpler to navigate, since there are dedicated keys to push to easily find your way around (versus the touch screen menu of the 30c). Each player has the option to set the listening preferences to normal, rock, pop, classic, jazz and a manual equalizer, which can be set in a separate menu. Definitely check out the different settings, as I feel almost any of the others make the music being played sound much better than what these players come pre-set on (normal).

While listening to music, you can navigate through your music by either all music, artist, album, genre and favorites.

Major differences between the two:

The most notable difference between the two is that the 24c can take video and pictures, while the 30c is completely touch screen, with only a single button on the main screen.

24c: The camera video feature is blow average. Your going to get much better pictures and video with a cell phone these days. These features are almost non-usable in a low light or indoor situations. However, I much prefer the user friendliness of the 24c when it comes to actually using the MP3 player and radio functions. The menus are simple and nicely laid out so that navigating them isn't a chore. Once you've spent 10 minutes checking everything out, it's very easy to use and responds well.

30c: The unique feature in this version is the touch screen menu. This unfortunately is more of a burden than a bonus. The main menu especially seems non-responsive. How different menus on the same screen can work better or worse is beyond me, but this seems to be the case. Some menus work perfectly with the tiniest tap of the finger, others it seems as if I have to almost hit the screen to make it go anywhere. Also, I have small hands and fingers (ring size 5 1/2 in women's) and my fingers sometimes are too big for the menus and end up pressing the wrong options. I can't image how a larger mans fingers would comfortably work the 30c version without constant issues. It seems as though this player was really meant to be used with a stylus, but one is not included.

Because of the touch screen, the total screen size on the 30c is definitely larger than that on the 24c. Also the 30c does support the turning of the player sideways, for wide-screen viewing. It can be viewed in at this angle when using all the different functions, not just video and pictures.

Conclusion:

Neither player is an 5 star product, but I feel the 24c is definitely the more preferable model over the 30c. It's often a struggle to even use the 30c, where as the 24c at least is easily navigated and does what it is supposed to do. As long as your not buying the 24c for the picture/video function, the player works fine. So if your thinking about either of these two, I would highly recommend the Archos 24c over the Archos 30c.
VINE VOICEon July 5, 2011
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
The Archos MP3 player is extremely easy to set up and use, with a simple navigation menu and nice picture, for a tiny little screen. When it's working well, the sound quality is great. Downloading to it is a snap - I think my 7 year old could do it. There is plenty of memory to download songs and other stuff. Finding saved files is easy, and generally even the most tech-phobic person could probably use this player without trouble. The camera is OK, but I'll stick to my dedicated camera. The FM radio works great.

So with all that being said, why only 3 stars?

Well, first off, the controls are a bit "tweaky." Sometimes they work great, at others, I keep pressing the buttons and don't get a response. Very frustrating.

Also, when working well, the sound quality was beyond what I'd expect for such a compact and inexpensive unit. But there have been a couple times when it's playing where the sound just goes - I get an electonic "jamming" type sound instead of music. Playing around with the ear buds doesn't help - the only thing that fixes it is turning off the unit and re-booting.

Lastly, a tiny point of frustration - the device isn't supported by HBO.go so I can't download HBO episodes to it. Not the end of the world, but ...

I think that for the price, this is still a good device, but I do think that there are some bugs that needed worked out for this to do better. The bugs aren't fatal problems, but they sure are frustrating. For the price, this is a good device. Maybe I'll find out how to deal with the bugs as I continue to fiddle with the player...
VINE VOICEon June 13, 2011
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
I was very disappointed in this little guy. I am primarily looking for a small FM radio for listening while I am taking a walk or when my husband or I want to listen to the radio without disturbing the other. The Archos promised that and a lot more in a nice tiny package easy to slip even into a small pocket.
I knew I was in trouble when I tried to turn it on. The documentation is very sketchy, and the company website gives no further details. The documentation says to turn the switch to the On position. Usually On is to the right, but when the machine did not respond I wondered if I had it backwards. The documentation does not specify, and I could not find a label until I turned the device over & found some TINY characters on the back of the device that a magnifier revealed to be On and Off. The next step is to press a button whose icon is so small on the documentation that I again had to use a magnifying glass. This button, whose icon is equally tiny, turns out to be the camera shutter on the side of the device, hardly an intuitive choice.
When I first could not get the device to turn on I thought it might need charging, so I plugged it into my computer. I found there seems to be no indicator of whether it is charging and no way to tell battery level.
After I got the device on and proceeded to navigate to the Radio I found that you press the left and right arrows on the controls to move up and down on the menu, which is contrary to normal convention. This caused me to fumble the controls frequently, especially since there are + and - buttons above and below the OK button, exactly where normal devices control movement up and down a menu.
Finally the device is erratic about responding to taps/presses, so that often you have to tap it several times to make it respond.
When I finally was able to turn on the FM radio I found reception decent & the sound quality surprisingly good for a device of this type. It would serve my primary use nicely, if only it were not too much trouble to use.
The flaws I found apply equally to the other functions, so, no matter what your needs, I suspect there are beteer products available.
Verified Purchase
I am very pleased with this player. I got it mainly as a music player and it sounds
very good to me. The user interface is quite nice i've found you only need a light tap on the touch screen, don't press to hard. The screen shows when it's connected as an usb device and there is an indication when it charges. There are lots of features for the price.
on July 31, 2012
Verified Purchase
This player is a terrific performer, especially given it's budget price. All functions have worked as advertised. The only problem I have had is the instructions that came with it are woefully inadequate, and it is not really an intuitive product. I have had to reference the internet several times for "tech tips", such as how to lock the touch screen. Now that I have the hang of it, I am very happy with my purchase!
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
This Archos Vision MP3 player will not be confused for an iPod anytime soon. It gets the job done by playing music, and the radio functionality is pretty solid - but the interface is a non-intuitive frustration, and the photo/video recording functionality is grainy. It may have the functionality you're looking for at a low price, but keep in mind that you are definitely sacrificing quality.

Read on for some more detailed points:

- Navigation is very difficult and not intuitive at all. It's not a touch screen, and you need to use some small buttons on the bottom third of the front to navigate around.

- There are a lot of things in the menu layout/navigation that are just weird and non-intuitive. For example, the main menu is arranged vertically - but the way you navigate it is by tapping left/right arrows. This is really bizarre, especially considering that there are volume + and - buttons arranged vertically, but tapping those doesn't move you around the menu.

- I've ended up in a menu that I couldn't figure out how to back out of. I had to restart the whole device.

- Even turning on the device is a pain - you have to flip a switch to "on" and then hold down a tiny button for about 3-5 seconds. During this hold-down period, there is just a black screen.

- On the plus side, I copied over a bunch of music and it all seemed to play properly with no issue.

- The FM radio functionality is definitely my favorite feature of this MP3 player. My iPhone doesn't have this built-in, and it's cool to own a device that does. You need to wear the included headphones, since they serve as the antenna for the radio.

- I tried copying over three different videos that I happened to have on my computer, and none of them would play. It didn't even tell me "I can't play this video", it just crashed to the start screen. I'm sure with enough messing around and converting files I could have figured this out..

- Video playback looks good. I couldn't get any of my videos to play, but there is an example included and it's bright, colorful, and looks decent enough. The major negative here is that there's sort of a glare/sheen over the whole player's face if you're not in the dark.

- The camera and video recording is at a very low quality. I can't imagine anyone really being happy with this quality in 2011. Maybe it works if you want to use it for fun every once in a while, but definitely do not plan on using this to take any sweet photos/videos.
VINE VOICEon July 18, 2011
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
All in and all this is a pretty decent MP3. It was easy enough to setup, load and use. However, I use my MP3 player when I'm driving or when I'm relaxing in the dark before bed. So to be able to navigate the menus without looking at the MP3 player was not very easy. I have been using a sansa, it has one button and a turn dial, I can easily work my way though it without looking down at it, I only need to glance at the screen to select my artist or album. The buttons need a great deal of coaxing when you try to navigate the menus.

I couldn't tell when I was charging it if it was in fact charging. The on and off switch is weird, and play with it first because what you think is the on off button, isn't. The pictures were okay. The radio worked pretty darn well. The directions are less than helpful, so be handy and figure it out. I was hoping for a micro card slot to very easily transfer my music, but there was no micro sd slot.

Ear buds were okay, they hurt my ears but were a-okay for my boyfriend. I do, however, have ridiculously small ears. But I cannot listen to the radio using other ear buds because it seems the antenna is inside the ear bud chord. I have yet to figure out how to delete music. I have also had some trouble in saving radio stations. I listen to stations that are not always easy to locate on a scan, but if saved they do get reception.

I will use it. But there are other options in this price bracket that are more user friendly. So be aware that it works fine, it's easy to setup, it just isn't the most friendly to use.
VINE VOICEon July 20, 2011
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
I had a really hard time using this player. It seemed counter-intuitive and I found myself getting frustrated quite a bit. Once I got it loaded with music and some pictures I was able to give it to my child to use and play with and not worry about an expensive device getting ruined. I plugged speakers in and he can listen to music as he falls asleep as well with this player. The radio player works alright, I had no problem dialing in to a station I enjoy. The pictures it takes are really low quality, even worse than a standard cell phone picture, so I wouldn't recommend it for that purpose or for video recording either.
on April 29, 2011
Verified Purchase
So far Samsung P3 is the best MP3/PVP player ever. Archos 24c Vision lacks lock or hold button to make interface unresponsive. Play previous song on power up is not possible. Very Disappointing. Probably can't delete songs from player. It seems Asian electronic designers are better than Westerners.

Your Recently Viewed Items and Featured Recommendations