The Archos 9 PC Tablet.
The optical trackpoint and integrated mouse buttons make it a breeze to navigate the Archos 9 (see larger image).
The adjustable leg stand allows the Archos 9 to be positioned to suit a range of uses.
You'll also enjoy brilliant video playback on the Archos 9 thanks to the gorgeous widescreen, LED-backlit display, which provides a full HD 1080p resolution. And you can set up video conferences (using the 1.3-megapixel webcam), chat with friends and surf the web on the go via the integrated 54g Wi-Fi networking (or tether to a compatible mobile phone via Bluetooth and surf via cellular connectivity; additional charges applicable). Other features include a 60 GB hard drive, 1 GB of RAM, built-in speakers, and up to 5 hours of battery life.
Smart Features for Intuitive UseThe ARCHOS 9's controls are ergonomically placed for comfortable and natural use.
- On the right, an optical trackpoint for finger navigation replaces the big touchpad of a laptop to ensure you can precisely point to any position on your screen.
- On the left, screen brightness, Wi-Fi control, and left/right mouse buttons complement the virtual keyboard, so that your regular mouse controls aren't left aside.
Designed for PortabilityThe Archos 9's form and design breaks the rules of the conventional laptop design. Its edges fan out from an already thin structure (0.67 inches or 17 mm at its thickest). And since it weighs less than 29 ounces, you can easily carry it with you in your handbag or backpack and use it any time. It also features a two-position leg-stand that best positions the device depending on how you are using it:
- The upper position is best for viewing videos on the go, surfing the web, or reading
- The lower position is ideal when you need to type memos or web addresses, send an email, or chat with your friends.
Windows 7 Starter EditionWith Windows 7 on Archos 9 PC Tablet, accessing files regardless of where you are in the interface is easier than ever. Windows Search will transform the way you search and find your documents. It's simpler and much quicker than previous versions of Windows. Handy widgets can now be placed anywhere on the desktop. Whether you are looking for the weather forecast in your hometown, or a stock value in your financial portfolio, or the latest movie theater program, it's right at your fingertips.
- 8.9-inch LED-backlit resistive touchscreen display (1024 x 600 pixels)
- Optical finger navigation system (trackpoint) as well as integrated left and right mouse buttons
- 1.2 GHz Intel Atom Z515 processor (400 MHz front-side bus speed, 512 KB L2 cache, 2W maximum power consumption)
- 60 GB hard drive
- 1 GB of installed DDR2 RAM (400 MHz)
- Integrated Intel GMA 500 graphics
- 1.3-megapixel webcam with built-in microphone for easy video chats
- Built-in stereo speakers
- 54g Wi-Fi networking (802.11b/g)
- Bluetooth 2.0+EDR connectivity enables you to connect to peripherals such as mice as well as tether wirelessly to a compatible mobile phone's cellular connection (additional charges applicable).
- Fast Ethernet (10/100) via optional port replicator
- One USB 2.0 port with additional two USB ports via optional port replicator
- VGA video output via optional port replicator
- Up to 5 hours of battery life via removable Lithium Polymer battery
- Dimensions: 10.07 x 5.28 x 0.67 inches (WxDxH)
- Weight: 29 ounces (1 pound, 13 ounces)
- Microsoft Security Essentials (antivirus/antispyware) provides real-time protection that guards against viruses, spyware, and other malicious software.
- Lotus Symphony (office productivity) lets you easily create and edit all your documents, spreadsheets and presentations.
- vTuner (Web TV and radio player) provides access to over 11,000 radio and TV stations broadcasting over the Internet.
What's in the Box
Archos 9, removable battery, stylus, AC adapter with power cord, user guide, legal and safety notice "