5.0 out of 5 stars Great hoody
Published 23 months ago by From Africa

3.0 out of 5 stars So yes I like the jacket enough to buy another
I just replaced my Bison with orange trim colored Atom LT Hoody with a Thalo Blue. So yes I like the jacket enough to buy another, but the Thalo Blue is much more green than what is displayed on any of our computers or smart phones. It kind of reminds me of this weird blue-green interior of my old 66 Mustang. Wish it was blue like in the photos.
Published 11 days ago by Bruno

5.0 out of 5 stars Great hoody, September 6, 2012
This review is from: Arc'teryx Atom LT Hoody - Men's
I purchased this hoody when I worked in Afghanistan. It got cold rather quickly and this jacket saved me. It is extremely light and packs into a small ball, which is important if you don't have much space in your luggage. Plus it is very warm. I carry it with me anywhere I travel. It is perfect if its a little chilly or dips below freezing. It works every time. My favorite. Arcteryx hasn't failed me so far with any of their products.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great coat, January 18, 2013
This review is from: Arc'teryx Atom LT Hoody - Men's
Husband LOVES the jacket! I thought it was just a really expensive hoodie when it arrived, but it's actually a really great coat. It's light and soft, but really warm in cold weather. Just a great coat. And excellent for very tall men who have a hard time finding things that have sleeves long enough (without being so wide it's unattractive! Tall does not really mean Big!), and the back of the jacket is longer than the front, which my husband really likes.

5.0 out of 5 stars like it, January 16, 2013
This review is from: Arc'teryx Atom LT Hoody - Men's
verygood! i am very like it,I will continue to buy!Don't say anything else!Minato words, my English is not good!god please!!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Outstanding Jacket, February 10, 2014
This review is from: Arc'teryx Atom LT Hoody - Men's
I spent a long, long time looking for just the right jacket. I tried on every jacket at my local REI at least 3 times. I spent hours scouring the internet, reading reviews, looking at pictures, and watching Youtube clips. I finally settled on the Arc'teryx Atom LT Hoody in Heron, and I couldn't be happier.

Let me just preface this review by noting that the interior of the jacket and the elastic band around the hood are a sort of lime green, not a yellow color as it looks in the picture.

I live in Georgia, so I don't have any great need of super warm jacket. Up until now the only jacket I've had is the fleece Mountain Hardwear Windstopper Tech, which true to it's name does a great job of cutting the wind, but doesn't provide much insulation. I decided that I needed something more this winter, even though GA winters are mild the Windstopper just wasn't cutting it. I tried on a lot of nice jackets, but most of them were either too heavy, or just didn't quite suit my needs. I'm very active outdoors, primarily rock climbing, camping, and hiking so I wanted something durable and warm, but light enough for high output activity. The Atom LT fits the bill almost perfectly.

Pro's:
-Warm enough for any southern winter. I've worn it with just a short-sleeve T in freezing temperatures
-Cool enough for any southern winter. I've worn it when the temps are in the high 50's and not been uncomfortable
-Super lightweight and compressible
-The best cuffs I've ever seen. Seriously, this may seem trivial but it was a major point of contention for me. Most cuffs are either the bulky velcro style, or an elastic band that doesn't really fit my arm. The cuffs on this jacket are kind of an elastic neoprene material and are tailored perfectly. My hands slip right through them, they are never in my way, and are snug all around sealing in my warmth.
-The zipper is all plastic, but it's incredibly easy to start and to raise or lower. This is big for me as one handed operation can be important when you need to vent some heat on the face of a cliff. Also, I tried many other jackets on which were just a pain to get started. The last thing I want to do is spend time fiddling with my zipper.
-Hand pockets are great. They under the insulation, and exterior face is lined in the softest fleece I've ever felt.
-Looks fantastic! The medium fits me perfectly, and the grey and green colors contrast outstandingly. I can wear this jacket to my corporate job with no concerns, but it still looks very stylish.
-Overall quality is outstanding. You're not going to find loose stitches or stray threads here.

Cons:
-The hood has no cinches or adjustments. It's fine for most purposes, but it doesn't really snug down to your head so wind can easily get in under it and potentially take it off.
- The pockets are a little shallow. There isn't a lot that could have been done here other than starting the pockets just a little further around to the sides. I can't quite get my whole hand in without balling it.

For reference on the fitment, I'm about 5'10" 190lbs with short arms and the medium fits perfectly. I have just enough room to layer a heavy sweater or a couple of layers underneath, and the sleeves for once are not too long.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good quality!, February 21, 2014
This review is from: Arc'teryx Atom LT Hoody - Men's
It is really light and warm! I'm 5'11" ,150lbs and "S" is exactly perfect for me as mid layer. The quality of Arcteryx is bravo!

5.0 out of 5 stars I love this jacket, January 28, 2014
It's incredibly warm, really well made, looks good, it folds up really small for a backpack or a suitcase. I wear it all spring, and as an outer layer with a fleece underneath when I'm running in winter. I've had two of them.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best jacket ever, December 23, 2013
I saw this in a few stores in my town but in the really bright colors, I ordered a black one from amazon Friday morning and received it Monday afternoon. It's super warm and super comfy, very soft material on the inside.

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent!, December 26, 2012
This review is from: Arc'teryx Atom LT Hoody - Men's
you will not be sorry if you buy this! Very warm, very easy to clean, etc. The brand is excellent!

5.0 out of 5 stars Very very close to perfect, April 5, 2014
This review is from: Arc'teryx Atom LT Hoody - Men's
This is a great, almost perfect, mid layer for very cold temps, or a good outer jacket during spring/fall. I come from using a minimal down shirt almost daily except during the height of summer. In Spring or Fall this jacket works great as an outer jacket. The breathing side panels do make a difference compared to the down shirt I was wearing, the Atom being less clammy feeling. Together with the less 'sticky' outer fabric this just makes me that little bit more comfortable.

Had some mild rain and DWR works great for now. Main reason for synthetic for me is it will be easier to wear under a shell and not worry about it getting compressed or wet as much as with a ultra light high fill power down shirt.

I'm 184cm and 72Kg (6.1/160) and I'm often in between a Medium and Large due to broad shoulders. Got a Medium and it fits great. If you want to layer a lot under it, or you like a looser fit, you would probably like a Large.

I have a Atom SV (also Medium) and the two are sized to be worn together (the LT with the tighter fit, the SV looser) so no need to adjust sizing if you are thinking about that route.

The hood is not as bad for me as for some other people. I've been in stormy winds twice and although the hood wasn't shut tight and let in air, it did stay securely on my head. I feel a cinch cord in a newer model would be well worth the weight though and really make the Atom LT 100% perfect for me.

The remarks about the cuffs are not exaggerated. It's a sign of good design when you get something you never knew you needed. Arc'teryx is expensive but their attention to detail, their fabrics, and their cut (the fit) is the best there is.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, July 6, 2014
great jacket just buy it

Rate and Discover Movies