5.0 out of 5 stars I use it every day
Rugged, back lit, holds max temp. I've used it on everything from engines to HVAC to windows to milk for my baby. I use it several times a day every day. After a year, it's still on it's first set of batteries.
Published on December 12, 2006 by R. Neve

3.0 out of 5 stars Same as Raytek MT6
Appears to be a Fluke-rebranded version of the Raytek MT6, which sells for half the price. I have plenty of respect for Fluke, but in this case it's hard to justify paying twice as much to get their name on the case. I bought the Raytek MT6, and it's excellent. Raytek MT6 Non-contact MiniTemp Infrared Thermometer
Published on November 13, 2010 by Andy Baird

5.0 out of 5 stars I use it every day, December 12, 2006
R. Neve (North Carolina) - See all my reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars Very slick (but check out the Raytek MT6), May 1, 2007
L. Harris "skytag" (Winter Haven, FL USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Arctic Star AR550 Mini Infrared Thermometer (Tools & Home Improvement)
I have a Raytek (RAYMT6) MT6 Mini Temp Infrared Thermometer, which I love, and which seems to be the same thing as the Fluke 62, but for a lot less money. See my review for the MT6, which should be applicable to this item as well. I prefer the look of the Fluke version, but if I can save $35, I'll deal with having one that's black and gray.

Note that when I did some research I found that the 1% stated in the description is misleading. Fluke's own specifications state that the 1% is only valid between 50-86F. The complete specs are:

10C to 30C (50 F to 86 F): 1C (2F)
Outside 10 C to 30 C (50F to 86F): 1.5C (3F) or 1.5% of reading, whichever is greater.
Below -10C (14F): 2C (4F)

This is still good, but since the 1% is only valid over a 36 range of temperatures that aren't really that interesting, the 1.5% is more realistic.

5.0 out of 5 stars The coolest gizmo you never knew you needed, February 16, 2007
I bought this to assist me in honing my chocolate tempering skills as regular candy thermometers are such an amazing pain to use, but it ended up improving my cooking even further by alerting me to the fact that the thermostat on my oven was consistently off by nearly 40 degrees. I've no doubt it will come in handy the next time I think I have a fever, find some faulty weatherstriping or suspect an electronic component of overheating, too. It's well-built, accurate and its UI does pretty much everything right by default. My one complaint is that you have to open up the battery compartment to move the tiny little dip switch from Fahrenheit to Celsius--I personally think a recessed bubble switch on the housing would have been a wiser choice.

The package Amazon sent me was DUSTY beyond belief, so I have a feeling they don't sell too many of these, but everything inside the blister pack was in perfect working order.

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy to Use, January 9, 2007
Charles H. Smith (Frisco, TX United States) - See all my reviews
I purchased this for my business and it has come in handy several times. Its very easy to use and its interesting to know surface temp on just about anything. I pull cable for a living and it helps me to know how hot an area is (such as an atic) before going up there. Fluke is a name I can trust and that was the big reason why I purchased this.

4.0 out of 5 stars Fluke 62 Review, January 13, 2009
Works good at room & high temps.
Definitely doesn't work as well at below 0 degree F.
Compared with a higher end IR thermometer was within 1 degree F.
Good compact size with nice case.
Outstanding laser & backlight works great!

3.0 out of 5 stars Same as Raytek MT6, November 13, 2010

5.0 out of 5 stars Remote a temp., October 15, 2009
This is a REAL man toy. I have these at work and played with them there. We always have to pass it around for a bit of fun. Had to have one at home for computer, house leaks, fore heads, engine temps, fireplace, and dog butts. Seems to target well at about 10 feet, further than I expected. Just about instant reading and remembers highest seen. Has trouble going through glass, DUH!. Verified temps with house temp sensors, always within a half degree. As a toy its great, as a tool it's a hundred times easier than a probe, no waiting, no juggling meters. The only problem is at a work place it has legs.

5.0 out of 5 stars Useful and Sturdy, May 14, 2007
K. B. Rollins (Bullard, TX United States) - See all my reviews
This is a great tool. I bought it to experiment with maintenance and troubleshooting procedures on large diesel engines, transmissions and chain drive systems, planning to buy a more expensive, industry-hardened version if it proves useful. It is useful, but still haven't felt the need to upgrade.

I've also used it in miscellaneous projects -- located roof leaks, checked body temperatures of self and family; scanned horses legs for injuries; and probably something entirely different today or tommorrow.

4.0 out of 5 stars Fluke 62 Mini Infrared Thermometer, May 13, 2008
Charles S. Willis (Enumclaw, Washington USA) - See all my reviews
I have found out more and more uses for the infrared thermometer. I got it to check out my boat engine for hot spots and see if there are any problems. I now use it for just about anything. My wife was hatching geese and wanted to make sure that the egg was at 100 degrees. It was quick and easy. I have also used it to check for cold spots in the house and where the cold air is coming from. I think that money I spent was well worth it when there is so many uses for it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good product, June 12, 2009
N. Hodak (New Bern, NC) - See all my reviews
PRoduct does what is advertised. I have been using it for about a month. To get an accurate reading you do have to be within about a foot of the object, the farther back you are the less accurate the reading. It beats using thermometers and having to wait several mintues for a reading.

Arctic Star AR550 Mini Infrared Thermometer