5.0 out of 5 stars Just what I needed!
I'm pretty conservative on giving out 5 stars but I was really excited to get into the Arduino world. Perhaps my excitement makes my review bias, but it's fair to me.

Published 10 months ago by Luke

3.0 out of 5 stars good so far
It's a "Dummies" book, so that speaks for itself, and it did help fill in the gaps as the Arduino is new to me
Published 5 months ago by David M. Sechrest

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Just what I needed!, September 24, 2013
This review is from: Arduino For Dummies (Paperback)

I ordered a starter kit with the Arduino Uno and jumped right into the book that was provided in the kit. The book in the kit is very good as well, as it jump started my installation of everything very smoothly and had me doing a couple sketches (programs) within 15 minutes. The sketches even describe how the code works with the Arduino hardware and that was very helpful. However, it began to get deep fairly quick, so I turned to this book.

I began working with the sketches the book starts with (and which the software has preloaded for you as well) and the "Dummies" part of the title began showing it's face. I'm very new to both the programming language which is based on C and electronics in general, so the holding hands essence of this book was great. It explains to you in great detail what each line of code means and how you can manipulate it to get a feel for the functions.

I'm sure some seasoned electronics guys and girls as well as programmers may find it all redundant, but if you are looking at buying this book, it's probably because you feel like a "Dummie", not because you're really great at this stuff. Highly recommended as a starter! I'm about half way through, but I'm betting I will be hungry for more deeper books and this one will have given me a solid foundation to stand on!

5.0 out of 5 stars Interested in Arduino? A good book to get., June 20, 2013
Rick (Brooklyn, NY, US) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Arduino For Dummies (Paperback)
Recommended for those that are curious about what you need to know to use a microprocessor.
Requires you only to be interested.
It has tons of pages with tons of information all covered step by step.
What has to be done, with what and where to find it are all covered.
I also like the author's style of writing. He knows that for you to use Arduino, or any other microprocessor, you have to figure out how to program the device to do what you actually want it to do. Programming (for those of us who were never exposed to it) is like learning to write a strictly logical foreign language. The author gives me hope that it can be done by using a cut and paste, trial and error sort of thing. At least, this is the point of the learning curve where I'm at.
If you have covered the beginning Arduino material out there, or if you haven't even started, check out this book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent book, October 6, 2013
Excellent book, goes to the basics of arduino application and design. Normally,as a Dummy book you would think the title should be Ar-DUH-ino, but the author does a good job of not making you feel stupid while reading. Amazon also has some good follow-up projects books both in print or Kindle reader. Arduino is a new, very untapped resource for both the DIY'er or Pro-level individuals. This book will give you a good foundation in the basics to build on.

5.0 out of 5 stars Error in this book, April 4, 2014
This review is from: Arduino For Dummies (Paperback)
An excellent book. Especially for rank beginners. BUT BEWARE: the pinout drawing for the plastic-packaged version of the 2N2222A transistor, called the PN2222A, is erroneous as shown on page 127. The PN2222A is among the very most often used transistors of all time, and beginners are very likely to find themselves buying and using this device. So it is very important to get the three pins identified correctly. I suggest checking the internet to be sure you have it right. Page 127 does not.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Book, January 4, 2014
This review is from: Arduino For Dummies (Paperback)
The author starts out by giving us the history behind the Arduino and its name as well as all of the different types of Arduino boards that are available. Chapter 2 breaks down the Arduino UNO into its basic parts including the AT MEGA 328 chip the pin ports around the perimeter of the Arduino UNO Board. I am currently on chapter 3 which covers downloading and installing the Arduino IDE. The Author does a great job at starting out with the basics and builing up to more advanced topics at a slow rate for those who do not know anything about the Arduino UNO.

4.0 out of 5 stars A great place to start!, December 11, 2013
This review is from: Arduino For Dummies (Paperback)
Excellent book to 'get going' with Arduino. The history of the original all the way through the latest updates and add-ons. Guides you through the steps needed to truly understand the concepts. and more importantly to actually build some 'sample builds' that will put you far ahead.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good book, December 2, 2013
Good book and easy to follow along. Explains each sketch line by line to give you an idea of what is happening

5.0 out of 5 stars Arduino explained to the absolute raw beginner., November 24, 2013
This review is from: Arduino For Dummies (Paperback)
Perfect for an electronics ignoramus such as myself, to get off of bottom dead center in learning
about the Arduino chip. I wanted to used the devices for model railroad animation.
This gave me a good understanding of the chip and it's uses. Since studying the book,
I have progressed to understanding the easier Arduino project books.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book for begginers!, June 29, 2014
Eduardo P Cassus (Rio de Janeiro, Rio de Janeiro, BR) - See all my reviews
Before buying this book, arduino was just a curiosity for me. Now that I have finished reading it, my mind is full of cool ideas for projects using arduino. This book is a must-read for anyone itching to try electronics for the first time.

4.0 out of 5 stars good book to get you started and understanding the basic's, May 7, 2014
This review is from: Arduino For Dummies (Paperback)
I found this to be a good book to get you started and understanding the basic's, not so much on advanced topics. You can't do to much without a arduino starter kit for this book, to get the full experience you need a starter kit.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

Arduino For Dummies
Arduino For Dummies by John Nussey (Paperback - May 28, 2013)
$24.99 $16.47