5.0 out of 5 stars Now is the time to embrace your weird
Seth Godin's latest is a little book with big ideas about how to live your life. For marketers and business owners, it is also a wakeup call for how to reach buyers of your products and services.

Seth argues that the one-size-fits-all mass market is dead. But you know that already because you probably don't listen to top 40 radio or watch the evening news. This...
Published on September 21, 2011 by David M. Scott

3.0 out of 5 stars Not Godin's Best Work
I've been a follower of Seth Godin for a while now--I read his blog daily, and have read a majority of his books. I think that was actually a bad thing relating to my enjoyment of "We're all Weird". Too many of the ideas were pointlessly longer recapitulations of Godin's previous messages, from both his blog and his books, and the general message about the fall of mass...
Published on September 24, 2011 by Joseph Dale

‹ Previous | 17 8 912 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Important and Relevant, January 7, 2013
This review is from: We Are All Weird (Kindle Edition)
This manifesto made me look at things out of the box, motivates me to create solutions that enable profitable customization, aligned with the Weird concept. Reading is easy to follow, repetition is part of the structure to make the subjects covered in the book clear with examples and conclusions. It is a business book, I recommend it to Marketers and specially for non-Marketers.

3.0 out of 5 stars Proud to be Weird, January 4, 2013
This review is from: We Are All Weird (Kindle Edition)
This book describes changes in marketing and a little psychology to explain the behaviors of consumers. Very enjoyable easy and quick read for those who have always been outliers or weirdos. I wish there was more detail at certain points. Cheers

4.0 out of 5 stars An excellent read, December 5, 2012
This review is from: We Are All Weird (Kindle Edition)
Short, concise, and impactful. It should motivate you to see things through a different lens, and act accordingly.
Well worth the your time to read.

5.0 out of 5 stars Encouraging Insight, November 24, 2012
This review is from: We Are All Weird (Kindle Edition)
Seth Godin has a knack for making sense of the ever changing world. His latest insight is as invaluable as ever.

5.0 out of 5 stars My First Seth Godin book-and for sure not the last!, October 23, 2012
This review is from: We Are All Weird (Hardcover)
Being a newbie to Seth's work I was somewhat surprised by the negative review in the first page of reviews. So what if the reviewer thought it was a "recapitulation" of Seth's blog,previous works, etc, I still thought it was great and I agree whole hardheartedly with his opinions.
As the host of the "Boomers Rock" radio talk show I try to instill in baby boomers the need to break the mold, because baby times are changing, and retirement is basically a death sentence for 70% of boomers who don't have great wealth, have worked their asses off for 30-40 years, raised families, put millennial children through college only to hit the wall and wonder what the frick!

So in other words thinking different is in my opinion the ONLY OPTION.

Time to re reread it,

Love that it is a quick read and next I need to recruit Seth for my talk show and discuss how being weird is totally cool for baby boomers.

Peace,
Tom

4.0 out of 5 stars Praising Weirdness, August 16, 2012
This review is from: We Are All Weird (Hardcover)
The ideas in this book are not for people who feel comfortable conforming to all of the norms of society. But if you have ever felt like a round peg being forced to fit into a square hole, then you will be able to relate to this book. Or if you have ever watched almost everyone else embrace a trend and wondered what everyone found so appealing, then you will understand that you are not alone. And if you don't like being told what you "should" like, and enjoy having the freedom to decide for yourself what is "good" or "not for you," then you will easily relate to the concepts in this book.

"We Are All Weird: The Myth of Mass and the End of Compliance," explores a cultural shift away from the ordinary. The subtitle of this book is an important part of the overall message. With any luck, people are paying attention. My favorite quote from the book is, "...I care about freedom, the ability to express yourself until it impinges on someone else's happiness."

When the two-party political system dominating American government finally gasps and draws its last breath, we will know the ideas presented in this book have truly become part of American culture. At that time, the power of people who are not "normal" will be celebrated. Until then, it is nice to dream of a society that celebrates uniqueness.

5.0 out of 5 stars Another winner from Seth, August 10, 2012
This review is from: We Are All Weird (Kindle Edition)
Simply a another GREAT read from Seth Godin. I love to read Seth's work because of his fresh perspective on the world we live in today. Whether the topic is marketing, education or writing and publishing he can challenge how we look at ourselves and at others.

Here is part of an email that I sent out to our writers group the other evening. It just goes to prove that I appreciate Seth as a writer and often recommend him to others who I network with.

"I mentioned an author on Saturday by the name of Seth Godin. Seth is the author of a number of books dealing with change that is happening in our world today. Marketing, education, writing and publishing to name a few.

Since at our next meeting we plan to discuss how the world of books is changing. How we as writers can learn new ways to write and publish our work. Ways that will help us succeed with our future projects.

I wanted to share this press release about a new project "The Domino Project" that Seth and "Amazon" have launched together. You may wish to explore the project. So far I have read two of the project books. Perhaps we can have a discussion about just what is happening here, at our upcoming meeting. (food for thought)"

5.0 out of 5 stars Weird and Wonderful, July 23, 2012
Frans (Edenvale, South Africa) - See all my reviews
This review is from: We Are All Weird (Kindle Edition)
For under $5 you can get one of the best little books ever written. Seth Godin gives you some blunt and hard answers to why you should strive to be weird. He is weird...and he is wonderful, and memorable. You will read this book more than once. You will recommend it to friend and colleagues. You will enjoy it and if you do as it suggests, you will begin to understand that weird is the new ordinary.

5.0 out of 5 stars A weird little book well worth reading ..., July 3, 2012
This review is from: We Are All Weird (Kindle Edition)
I am a Seth Godin fan. He challenges me and makes me think, hard sometimes. In this book he takes the premise of the bell curve and how the Internet is flattening it out and bringing in everyone's needs which makes us all weird. The Author explains this much better than I can but he makes an excellent point. Since I am on the fringe, weird, the 2%, I love the book and think he is on to something. Quick read and well worth it when looking at the new world we find ourselves living in.

5.0 out of 5 stars Have learned so much from Seth Godin!, April 21, 2012
This review is from: We Are All Weird (Kindle Edition)
Without exception, every time I have started one of Seth Godin's books, it doesn't take long before I'm wondering, "Wow, why didn't I think of that?" His insight, observations and assertions reflect a keen sense of awareness of the constant change taking place in our world re: the way business gets done these days. I have learned so many useful things from all of his books, and this one was no exception.

‹ Previous | 17 8 912 | Next ›

We Are All Weird
We Are All Weird by Seth Godin (Hardcover - September 21, 2011)
$25.00 $15.00