Morgan Freeman's Through the Wormhole 5 Seasons 2010
Amazon Instant Video
1. Is There a Creator? Did our Universe come into being by chance or was it created by a God? The latest science shows that the four forces governing our universe are finely tuned, so much so that it has led many to believe that something must have calibrated them.
2. The Riddle of the Black Holes They are the most powerful objects in the universe. Astronomers now think there are billions of them, swallowing up planets and stars in violent feeding frenzies, and that reality may take place on a two-dimensional hologram at the edge of the universe.
3. Is Time Travel Possible? Einstein's Theory of Relativity says time travel is possible, if you're going forward in time. But finding a way to travel backwards requires breaking the speed of light. Now strange-but-true phenomena such as quantum nonlocality may make this a reality.
4. What Happened Before the Beginning? Cosmologists and astronomers agree: our Universe is 13.7 billion years old. Using cutting-edge technology, scientists are now able to take a snapshot of the Universe a mere heartbeat after its birth. But if the Universe was born, where did it come from?
5. How Did We Get Here? Everywhere we look on Earth, in the most hospitable of environments and in the most extreme, we find life. Yet we have only ever found life on our planet. How did the stuff of stars come together to create life as we know it? What do we mean by 'life'?
6. Are We Alone? Aliens almost certainly do exist. So why haven't we yet met E.T. We're only just developing instruments powerful enough to scan for them. One leading astronomer believes she may already have heard a hint of their first efforts to communicate.
7. What Are We Made Of? Our understanding of the universe and reality has drastically changed over the last 100 years, and it's on the verge of another seismic shift based on LHC findings. What we find could validate theories about how the world works and what we are made of.
8. Beyond the Darkness What is the universe made of? If you answered stars, planets, gas and dust, you're wrong. Today scientists think there must be five times as much dark matter as regular matter, but they have no idea what it is only that it's not made of atoms we know of.
|Genres||Mystery, Documentary, Kids & Family|
|Starring||Morgan Freeman, Paul Davies|
|Supporting actors||Lynn Rothschild, Ekai Stone, Jill Tarter, Will Wright|
|Producers||Simon Andreae, Lindsey Foster, Morgan Freeman, Sara Kozak, Lori McCreary, Bernadette McDaid, Tracy Mercer, Deborah Adler Myers, Kurt Sayenga, Nadine Tanio, Rhys Thomas, James Younger|
|Purchase rights||Stream instantly and download to 2 locations Details|
|Format||Amazon Instant Video (streaming online video and digital download)|
This was the only place that I could find this series on Blu-Ray. Excellent series for a very fair price!Published 1 month ago by Jennifer Kemp
Love the show. One small hiccup though, the disc labeled 1 has the shows for disc 2 on it and vice versa. Not enough to tame off a star though.Published 1 month ago by Horus
Just watching a coupe of chapters just blew my mind. I recommend it.Published 2 months ago by Eleazar