5.0 out of 5 stars New Favorite
Got this book for my 15-month-old who loves animals and also loves the word "no". after asking him if he's that animal he answers "no" When i read "No!" right after him he laughs and laughs. He feels like he's reading the book to me and he just loves it
Published on June 12, 2012 by Kate

3.0 out of 5 stars Just ok
After reading the reviews I was a tad disappointed with the book. It was not a repeat read for our 2 year old.
Published 6 months ago by Lucy Lu

5.0 out of 5 stars New Favorite, June 12, 2012
This review is from: Are You a Cow? (Boynton Board Books) (Board book)

5.0 out of 5 stars Although can be a little repetitve, my son loves it!, July 28, 2012
Twincar (Chicago, IL) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Are You a Cow? (Boynton Board Books) (Board book)
This book literally asks the reader (or the one who is being read to) if they are a cow, dog, duck, etc. While it can be repetitive, it is the first book that has encouraged a verbal response from my 15 month old son. When you ask the question, it encourages him to say 'No'. He will have me read this book over and over again, enjoying the opportunity to answer the questions. It seems to make him feel accomplished in knowing and being able to say the answer. For this, I highly recommend the book for other parents looking to get a similar response.

5.0 out of 5 stars Adorable!, January 15, 2013
This review is from: Are You a Cow? (Boynton Board Books) (Board book)
Absolutely adorable book which will be fun to grow with my daughter! I had picked it up in the store previously and put it back down because the first page was a bit obnoxious-feeling to me, but looking at the whole book it is really sweet. The book goes through asking a bunch of "Are you a ___?" questions, with a no on each page I'm sure my daughter will enjoy "reading" as she gets older. At the end it concludes with, "Are you a penguin? You're not? But wait! You must be YOU! Now isn't that great?" Sweet, positive message that will be fun for years and is short enough to hold my 7 month old's attention now. As a bonus, all of the simple questions/picture of just a (cartoon) animal head makes this a great book for learning animals, too!

4.0 out of 5 stars On Counsel's advice, I invoke my right under the fifth amendment not to answer., August 21, 2013
This review is from: Are You a Cow? (Boynton Board Books) (Board book)
Sandra Boynton, Are You a Cow? (Simon and Schuster, 2012)

I'm not sure I can, or need to, give you any more of a recommendation than this. The bean, an inveterate Boynton fanatic, has never asked me to read a Boynton book more than once in a row until tonight. Are You a Cow? Got read three full times before I was allowed to put it down. If that doesn't qualify as the Bean Stamp of Approval, I don't know what does. From my perspective, it's a rather slight thing, but fun to read and just as adept at rhythm and rhyme as all of Boynton's stuff (this is something I still feel weird about pointing out, but the more kids' books I've read over the last few years, the more of them I've noticed are, shall we say, less than adept at one, the other, or both). A big hit at Goat Central. ****

4.0 out of 5 stars good for early toddler age, May 1, 2013
This review is from: Are You a Cow? (Boynton Board Books) (Board book)
This book cracks my 17 month old up. He often asks to read it, and flips through it on his own

4.0 out of 5 stars Are you a cow??, April 5, 2013
This review is from: Are You a Cow? (Boynton Board Books) (Board book)
Very cute story. My 18 month old granddaughter Laughs and laughs when this book is read to her. Sandra Boynton again is a hit!

4.0 out of 5 stars funny!, March 7, 2013
This review is from: Are You a Cow? (Boynton Board Books) (Board book)
These books are great! Makes Everyone Happy. Kids lose attention quickly and I think this will be very entertaining for my granddaughter

4.0 out of 5 stars Sweet book, January 29, 2013
MrsDymacek (Blacksburg, VA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Are You a Cow? (Boynton Board Books) (Board book)
Just as good as the other Boynton books. We enjoy collecting them for our two nephews (ages 5 & 2).

4.0 out of 5 stars Toddler giggles and giggles with this one, September 15, 2012
This review is from: Are You a Cow? (Boynton Board Books) (Board book)
I thought my little girl would be bored with this one -- it's mainly questions, asking if the child is an animal or not. I like that this book helps her identify common animals, but there's no real "story" to it. The rhyming is rudimentary (but what would I expect from a baby book, right?). I think she giggles because it's the interaction I do with her when I read it to her...I ask her the question, she shakes her head "no" to each one until the end, when it's revealed that "you must be you! Now isn't that great?" It's a bit anticlimactic -- my 17-month old bookworm seems a little confused at the end, after all the questions -- I would've preferred a mirror or something at the end to tie it all together. But she's happy, so it's good.

4.0 out of 5 stars Cute book for infants, September 13, 2012
This review is from: Are You a Cow? (Boynton Board Books) (Board book)
I've been reading this book to my three month old baby and she loves it. She really seems to respond to the simple illustrations of animals. With each animal page I provide the animal sound and she wiggles her feet happily. I'm sure the humor in the book escapes her right now but even at her very young age she seems to be fully enjoying the book. I anticipate that we'll continue to enjoy this book for sometime, especially when she can answer "no" to the questions!

Are You a Cow? (Boynton Board Books)
Are You a Cow? (Boynton Board Books) by Sandra Boynton (Board book - May 1, 2012)
$5.99 $5.69