Amethyst Jewelry Create an Amazon Wedding Registry Amazon Gift Card Offer jstfd6 jstfd6 jstfd6  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 Kindle Voyage Shop Now Sale Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Men's Leather Watches Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon $5 Albums All-New Amazon Fire TV Beauty V-Day

Format: PaperbackChange

on August 5, 2010
Excellent Cookbook! I love the way that the recipes are laid out - beautiful pictures of what the end product should look like, all ingredients are at a glance, and the instructions are very easy to follow, well laid out and flow in a logical manner. And, not being vegan, I thought that some of the ingredients might be difficult to find or work with, but it couldn't have been easier!

I am so impressed with this book, and after having made several of the recipes (to rave reviews by family and friends), I have just purchased 4 more books to give away!

Can't wait for the next book!
on July 22, 2010
Wow! That is the only way I can describe this book. My wife and I are not vegan but she has been considering the possibility and this book has made her seriously consider the possibility. As a non vegan myself, I could not believe any of these recipes would produce such amazing tasting treats. Until now, I was sure that a dessert would have to contain some kind of dairy product to be appealing. I was proved wrong very quickly. The photography in the book is stunning as well giving you the added motivation to get down to work and bake these amazing recipes. Vegans and non vegans alike will love this and want to share it with everyone they know! I highly recommend it to anyone.
on July 22, 2010
This book isn't just a collection of fantastic vegan dessert recipes. Claire Gosse's book would be worth the price for the mouth-watering photos alone! Just looking at the gorgeous photos of the Boston Cream Cupcakes or Raspberry & Apricot Almond Squares will compel you to immediately start gathering the necessary ingredients.

The book has a detailed breakdown of recommended baking utensils and pans, as well as some handy tips, techniques and words of encouragement. There is even some great information on how to replace common ingredients for other recipes with vegan ingredients.

Once you do make some of the recipes in the book, you'll realize that Claire knows her stuff. The final products really do taste as good as the photos look! So good, in fact, that you will find yourself repeating the title, "Are You Sure That's Vegan?"
on November 26, 2010
I am vegan and I love everything about this book! The video tells you why!
on January 12, 2011
First, this is a good vegan cookbook, but I was disappointed that it was so expensive ($19.95) and didn't have an Amazon discount. I saw ads for it on Facebook and I guess I had to have it. The book is rather short on recipes (it's only 138 pages) and contains some recipes that can be found elsewhere...that said, I really, really wanted to make my own vegan donuts and the recipe for donuts here was fairly easy and uncomplicated and the donuts came out amazing...I mean really amazing. And then I made the funnel cakes....wow! Awesome as well! I also made chocolate chip cookies..and they were very good, but I liked the recipe from Isa Chandra Moskowitz's cookbook ("Vegan Cookies Invade the COokie Jar" or whatever it's called) better.
I haven't had time to make other recipes yet, but I will...still, the donuts! YUMMMMY!!! So, I am glad I have the book and I do like it, but I wish it were less expensive.
on January 13, 2011
I was hesitant to purchase this cookbook as I already own so many others, but while visiting Claire's website, [...] a pop up came up as I was exiting and offered me a downloadable version for $9.95. Needless to say, I couldn't pass it up and I am SO glad I didn't!!

I have since tried 3 of the recipes; chocolate cupcakes, vanilla cupcakes, and pineapple upside down cake. All 3 have been HUGE hits with my entire family! As a matter of fact, my omni husband has requested the chocolate cupcakes for his upcoming birthday! That has to tell you something!!

It isn't a big book by any means, but the recipes are awesome and taste delicious. They are also VERY easy to make, which I appreciate. All three of the cupcake/cake recipes I tried went together quickly as well. I got 18 cupcakes out of each batch. I froze some of the extra for later and they freeze nicely.

I didn't have the springform pan for the pineapple upside down cake, so I simply cut the recipe in half and baked it in an 8" round for about 23-25 minutes. It's REALLY good!!

I would highly recommend you check out this book whether you are vegan or not. You won't be disappointed!
on January 8, 2011
The pictures are beautiful. The recipes are easy to follow, even for an amateur baker like myself. The ingredients are easy to find.
I purchased this before Thanksgiving and I have made a few desserts for my non - vegan family and friends. Everything has been delicious and they all enjoyed what I made.
I finally found vegan versions of some of my childhood favorites.
on February 12, 2011
This cookbook is FAB-U-LOUS!! The recipes are truly amazing...just like all of my old favorites!
I highly recommend this book as it has so many varied and great recipes!! I've bought 2 already, one as a gift
and will be buying others. Great photos as well!
on December 6, 2010
I LOVE this book!!! I went Vegan back in July. I'm a HUGE baker and that is the only thing I've missed since going Vegan. I've tried converting my old favorites, tried other Vegan cookbooks for my favorite sweets and nothing has come so close to the real thing, until this book!! The Cinnamon Buns are AMAZING!!! No one lets me bring food to parties anymore, and I made these anyway one day, and everyone LOVED them!! So much so, that I was asked to make them for Christmas Brunch this year!!! :) The Peanutty Chocolate Chipper Cookies are RIDICULOUS!!! It's a GREAT book!!! You won't miss ANY of your old favs!! :):):)
on April 17, 2013
I've been vegan for 8 years now and have a lot of recipe books. I LOVE this one as it has amazing recipes that emulate the original treats that I grew up on :) Highly recommend this book and I even bought a copy for a non vegan friend who loves to bake. This book is for anyone really not just vegans!!
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse