Customer Discussions > Charmed: The Complete Series forum

Are there still manufacturing problems?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 10 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Nov 20, 2010 1:59:20 PM PST
WD says:
So I waited off about 2 or 3 years to buy because I've read about the discs being scratched/not being able to be played due to how it was manufactured. I was basically wondering if this problem still exists when buying either online or in store because I really want to buy the complete set, but am really turned off with having to deal with the hassle of getting replacement discs.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 26, 2010 10:34:24 AM PST
C. Sanders says:
Yes, there are still manufacturing problems. I just purchased this item, albeit from a different seller (probably the same manufacturer), and there are still problems with both glue and scratches on the disks. I'm wondering if the individual seasons are manufactured by the same company. Perhaps season by season they would be okay. I'm checking into that now. I don't recommend buying either the "complete" or "deluxe" editions.

Posted on Jan 3, 2011 4:02:05 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 3, 2011 4:32:50 PM PST
MeL Clifton says:
Season by season should be fine. I own all 8 and I've had no scratches on mine. Although I would say go ahead and upgrade! If the discs in the book of shadows regular version are scratched or have glue on them, call Paramount and they should replace the discs for you. There was another thread on this product that had Paramount's number on it, but I doubt that it would be hard to find on the internet anyway.

EDIT-

Paramount's toll free number for disc replacement 866-383-9855
Email: PHE_CustomerService@Paramount.com

Posted on Jan 14, 2011 9:00:58 AM PST
Jerry C says:
This is a shame. I've drooled over this and was disappointed when my BOS had the problems with glue & scratches and I returned it. I've been hoping to read it was finally up to par but have since finished my season by season collection and can't see spending the money for this even tho I want to badly. Shame on Paramount for lack of Quality Control.

Posted on Mar 9, 2011 4:28:11 PM PST
J E says:
Bummer. I have been wanting to buy this. I did buy season 1 by itself to see if there was any problems, and it was fine. I want the complete set though.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 13, 2011 3:13:03 AM PDT
Freethinker says:
Instead of 'BOS', perhaps you should have said "POS".

Posted on May 24, 2013 7:31:46 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on May 24, 2013 7:32:51 AM PDT
Joanna Mong says:
I am extremely disappointed that it did not come with a certificate of authenticity; after all it is a "limited edition special deluxe" version. I don't understand this, because when I tweet with other Charmed fans, they have a certificate; according to Amazon, it's a manufacturing problem.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 19, 2013 5:29:22 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jul 17, 2014 3:57:09 AM PDT
Has the glue problem ever been fixed? Don't want to waste the money if not. Thanks!
I bought set & had no problems with glue or scratches. There was a sticker on wrapping that stated set had been inspected for these problems before sending. The book form set is beautiful and well worth the cost.

Posted on Dec 23, 2013 2:48:17 PM PST
[Deleted by the author on Dec 23, 2013 2:49:33 PM PST]

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 16, 2014 5:59:51 PM PDT
You probably didn't buy the delux set as it was sold out as of 2008. So you probably bought the complete series. Both sets are made to look like the Book of Shadows but the complete series version is smaller and has slits to hold the disks. The delux edition is larger and has little foam circle things to hold the disks. The complete series is not numbered as it's not a special release.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  10
Total posts:  10
Initial post:  Nov 20, 2010
Latest post:  Jul 16, 2014

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 4 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Charmed: The Complete Series
Charmed: The Complete Series by Alyssa Milano (DVD - 2007)
4.3 out of 5 stars   (110)