Other Sellers on Amazon
ARGO Cornstarch - 35oz
- Great as a thickening agent
- 100% pure corn starch
- 35 oz
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Actual product packaging and materials may contain more and different information than what is shown on our website. We recommend that you do not rely solely on the information presented and that you always read labels, warnings, and directions before using or consuming a product. Please see our full disclaimer below.
Top Customer Reviews
Corn starch is a staple in my pantry and I always buy Argo because Argo corn starch is 100 % pure corn starch, never has left a metallic taste in any food I prepare with it, and it is produced in the USA.
Corn starch is a natural, odorless carbohydrate found in the corn kernel. Stored in the container it comes in and kept dry it will last indefinitely.
Corn starch has many uses including; a thickening agent in cooking, added to cake recipes it makes a lighter more tender cake, is an ingredient for homemade baking powder, is great at removing oil stains from clothing or leather, can be used as a gentle abrasive to clean pots and pans, mixed with water to form a paste it will clean silver or relieve hives and rashes, can be used just like baby powder, added to bath water protects the skin, can even be used as a dry shampoo for you or your pet, and can be used to make a homemade clay for crafts and jewelry.
Hints for Cooking:
1. Remember when cooking with corn starch, bring to a full boil and then boil 1 minute but only 1 minute while stirring gently. This will ensure that the starch granules have swollen to their full capacity. Don't boil any longer or the starch cells might rupture and cause the mixture to thin as it cools.
2. To substitute Corn Starch for arrowroot, potato starch or tapioca use the same amount called for in the recipe.
3. To substitute Corn Starch as a thickener instead of Flour, use half as much as called for.(2 Tablespoons of Flour is equal to 1 Tablespoon of Corn Starch.
4. Corn starch blends more easily with cold water than flour.Read more ›
Just check the amounts vs. the pricing.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
You get a lot for your money. I use this stuff a lot so it was nice to be able to buy a big container of it, and it's a nice enough container that I might reuse it for something... Read morePublished 23 hours ago by Jessica B.
Great deal on cornstarch. I love the Argo brand. It's a super fine powder that doesn't clump and makes everything I use it with come out perfectly. Read morePublished 8 days ago by Amanda Starkey Carson
This is a heck of a lot of cornstarch. But, for the price, it is better than buying a small container.Published 16 days ago by J5Family
used in crafts, will have to order more soon. Great product, with pleasing results.Published 17 days ago by Becky
Good stuff. I've been buying this brand of corn starch for years now, and I've loved it. Just bought this extra-large container because I'm tired of going to the supermarket... Read morePublished 1 month ago by John A.