5.0 out of 5 stars Great Book! When can I read more?
Published on October 19, 2009 by TTreasures

3.0 out of 5 stars Very Long and "Angst-y"!
SPOILERS AHEAD!

I didn't care for this particular book as much as I have others written by the same author. Mostly, I didn't really like Lane, the main female character, though I would have liked to have, due to her family background. I realize that farm and ranch kids are generally more mature at younger ages than their non-agricultural counterparts, due to...
Published on October 11, 2012 by Padrina

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Book! When can I read more?, October 19, 2009
TTreasures (Wisconsin, USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Argosy Junction (Paperback)
I absolutely love this book! I enjoyed reading it because it makes you want to laugh one minute and cry the next, and was happy to know that I didn't have to worry about any bad language or inappropriate behaviors. I think Mrs. Havig has a nice twist from today's society in this book in that Matt tries to win Lanes heart without "dating" her. I look forward to Mrs. Havig's next publishing. This really is a must read! I love this book and so will you! What are you waiting for? Get reading -you won't be disappointed!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent!, October 30, 2009
This review is from: Argosy Junction (Paperback)
I think in my next life, I'd like to be a character in a book. Not just any book though, I want to be a character in a Chautona Havig novel. I can honestly say that I will read, and typically enjoy (at least a little), just about anything. My one peeve has always been romance novels. It's not anything personal, just not my taste. There's something about all that sap...ick. Anyhoo, Mrs. Havig changed all that. I can't really tell you what is different, this is definitely romance, but it's not the mindless enamored junk that you normally find. This author is incredible about pulling you into the story. You aren't just escaping into a world within the pages of a book, but you are there at Argosy. You can smell the sheep, slice through the tension between the families and still wrap yourself in the feeling of the community. Thank you for another excellent story, Mrs. Havig!

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing Story, August 7, 2012
J. Hopkins (North Carolina) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Argosy Junction (Kindle Edition)
Because of the bad experience her family's had with religion, Lane is bitter and wants nothing to do with it. She falls in love with Matt, whose faith and a caring English teacher helped pull him up from the wrong side of the tracks in the inner city where he lives. Lane lives near a small town on a sheep ranch and has never known the kind of life Matt has lived. Their differences are many, but their opposite views on Christ and Christianity drives the irrevocable wedge between them. Matt, however, refuses to give up, although he has many moments of dispair.

This is a very unusual novel. It is filled more with thoughts and feelings than action, yet, it held me spellbound. It slowed only at one place, when Matt went back to the city, and he and Lane are emailing back and forth, but neither would express how they really felt about the other. After that, I couldn't put the book down and read into the early morning hours to finish it. Hats off to Chautona Havig!

4.0 out of 5 stars Argosy Junction, September 7, 2012
Stella L. Bragg (LEESBURG, VIRGINIA, US) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Argosy Junction (Kindle Edition)
Very Interesting book on many levels. The love story between Matt & Lane and the love Matt has for God. The conflict between the Argosy family and the Brethren is so compelling that I found myself getting angry at the way these people could be so easily manipulated by the leader.

I highly recommend it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book!, December 26, 2009
This review is from: Argosy Junction (Paperback)
Wonderful story (second book in the Rockland Chronicles) of the classic story about opposites attracting. Big city boy meets mountain raised gal. Ah, but in Argosy Junction, things are not 'typical'. The story is captivating right from the time Matt is stuck in the sheep field to Lane's visit to his home in the big bad city. Well written and not the usual formula type storyline. Even though this is part of a series, this book stands alone. Chautona's vivid descriptions of the Montana sky as well as the gritty sity streets makes a clear picture in the mind's eye. You feel as though you are there, and you grow very quickly attatched to the characters. Excellent book! Buy one for yourself and one for your local library.

5.0 out of 5 stars Another winner!, March 25, 2010
This review is from: Argosy Junction (Paperback)
I love Chautona's books: they are realistic without being depressingly gritty. This story was fascinating--I couldn't put it down until I had finished the last page. Highly recommended!

4.0 out of 5 stars Super Read, June 3, 2013
Melody Cox (Evansville, IN USA) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
This review is from: Argosy Junction (Kindle Edition)
I liked this story a lot and I think it gives insight into how harmful cults are, even those who think they are starting out with the right message and meaning. Learned a lot.
Enjoyed the romance but Lane was extremely hard headed and unbending. Of course, that is what makes a great story when it turns around at the end.
After all this couple went through to be together Matt insists that he and Lane live with his parents (for years) after they are married. His parents need his financial assistance and he needs to save more to place a larger down payment on a home. It is my understanding that both parents work and they certainly don't live in luxury and he gives them a thousand dollars a month (but they told him they only needed $500) and will continue to do so after their marriage.
I'm not sure, after all they went through, if Lane should marry him now. His priorities seem flawed to me. I don't feel he should expect her to move in with his parents and you can tell she doesn't want to. What about the leave and cleave the Bible speaks of? Living with one's family is no way to start a marriage. Matt measures their relationship by the Word except for this one point. I also understand that there are quite a few differing opinions on what "leave and cleave" means. Been there and done that. It ended up destroying us.

I love the way Lane's family comes together and faces the past, seeks forgiveness, and looks to the future as well. It truly was a great story except the part that troubled me concerning them living with his parents.

Maybe I am looking at this selfishly.

5.0 out of 5 stars My favorite., September 19, 2012
This review is from: Argosy Junction (Kindle Edition)
Drawn in to Havig's worlds by a Past Forward recommendation and then having to fill my time between episodes I have worked my way through the Aggie series and this series. So far, Matt and Lane are my favorite. Again, the focus is on honor, patience and real issues that are worked through with patience and understanding and a good dose of impatience and irritation. Yes, there is anger and heartache, but that only adds to the believability of such an idealistic romance. I love the central focus on Christian values that doesn't get irritating. Keep 'em coming. In the mean time, I shall be stalking and refreshing Amazon for more.

5.0 out of 5 stars Enjoyable Read., September 6, 2012
This review is from: Argosy Junction (Kindle Edition)
I found Argosy Junction very interesting and it left me wanting more. A great exploration of what christian values and lifestyle could and should be versus close minded/cult "church" behaviors. I loved the characters and the way their lives became intertwined. I have a new favorite author thanks to this book and look for any and all by Chautona Havig and recommend her to all my friends.

5.0 out of 5 stars Argosy Junction, September 6, 2012
This review is from: Argosy Junction (Kindle Edition)
Good clean reading and held my interest all the way through. Very good job done by author and anxious to read more of hre books.

Argosy Junction