Industrial Deals Books Gift Guide Books Gift Guide Shop Men's Athletic Shoes Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Adele egg_2015 All-New Amazon Fire TV Beauty Deals Gifts Under $50 Amazon Gift Card Offer minions minions minions  Amazon Echo Starting at $84.99 Kindle Black Friday Deals Outdoor Deals on HTL

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 28 posts in this discussion
Initial post: May 3, 2011 7:15:03 PM PDT
Snake says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

Posted on May 4, 2011 7:18:10 PM PDT
It actually doesn't look bad at all to me, it doesn't have the same level of polish that Batman has, but then again what games do?

In reply to an earlier post on May 4, 2011 9:06:10 PM PDT
Snake says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

Posted on May 11, 2011 4:24:50 AM PDT
NCGuy says:
This game is going to suck just like the Thor game did. Every super hero game that Sega made sucked.

Posted on Jun 1, 2011 5:59:20 AM PDT
J. Rogers says:
I think the game does look similar to Arkham Asylum, but why is that a bad thing?...I'm sure they will have a demo of the game prior to release to drum up interest and then you can decide for yourself. By videos alone it looks MUCH better than the Thor game (not hard).

Posted on Jun 3, 2011 1:36:48 AM PDT
Dan says:
I agree with J.

Arkham Asylum has set a standard in comic book games, and if they're going to use it as a springboard for the Cap game, GOOD. I want a decent Cap game, Cap deserves a decent game, and I think Super Soldier looks awesome. I can't wait to play it, and I hope its as much like Arkham Asylum as possible.

Posted on Jun 4, 2011 1:28:54 PM PDT
The two above are dead on. As a comic book fan, the more the better. I wouldn't mind if every super-hero game borrowed heavily from Wolverine and Arkham.

Posted on Jun 5, 2011 4:25:37 PM PDT
Snake says:
Xmen origins wolverine is the only good movie game and Arkham city is the only great comic book game.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 7, 2011 10:55:12 PM PDT
Dan says:
Hello? Spider-man 2?

Posted on Jun 8, 2011 6:09:22 PM PDT

Posted on Jun 17, 2011 4:13:42 AM PDT
NCGuy says:
It's already had a price cut and the game isn't even out yet.. Yup, this game is going to suck big time.

Posted on Jun 17, 2011 2:05:22 PM PDT
Chris M. says:
You cant just see some screen shots on amazon and consider it a suck game. go on some other websites and watch trailers. its SUPPOSE to take the batman style game. Its not a rip off it was just the batman game was so successful they built the captain game the same way. Go rent it first

Posted on Jun 23, 2011 3:24:53 AM PDT
Dan says:
I'm sure the price cut has more to do with encouraging Marvel fans after that horror of a Thor game. I'm still betting Cap's gonna rock, and I'm glad for the price cut! I can't wait to play this.

Posted on Jul 4, 2011 7:56:36 AM PDT
Dan, I couldn't agree more, I expect a pretty solid showing from Cap in this one!

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 5, 2011 5:17:08 PM PDT
Dan says:
Absolutely. I took advantage of the price cut and pre-ordered. I don't care what the naysayers say, I'm excited.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 5, 2011 6:08:40 PM PDT
Mike says:
played this at NY Comic Con last October. even then, being unpolished and nowhere near release, it was absolutely awesome. and yes, it plays almost exactly like arkham asylum, which can only ever be a good thing. best kind of combat and gameplay for a superhero action game

Posted on Jul 7, 2011 12:23:36 PM PDT
Wicasawakan says:
If it's anything like the Batman games, I'm in. Thanks to Michael for the hands-on info. I'll still wait a little after it's release to hear the word before buying.
What no PC port? Sega bites sometimes.

Posted on Jul 19, 2011 11:56:31 AM PDT
Lance Liebl says:
It's nothing like Batman you're going to be really disappointed going in to the game expecting that. The combat is fun but gets a bit redundant. Also, you don't fight Red Skull! The puzzles I thought were boring, too. summed it up in their review when they said the challenges are more tedious and annoying than they are challenging or life threatening. Also, gave it a I think i'd steer clear of this title.

Posted on Jul 19, 2011 6:57:56 PM PDT
Jared Castle says:
If nothing else, this game simply raised my expectations for Batman: Arkham City; only 91 days until its release.

I look ahead to summer 2012 and hope that at least one movie tie-in game would incorporate the Kinect instead of producing another mediocre copy of Arkham Asylum. I looked forward to and enjoyed Child Of Eden but not to the same degree as I anticipate Batman: Arkham City and Kinect Star Wars (release Dec. 31, 2011).

Posted on Jul 20, 2011 1:15:10 AM PDT
Dan says:
Okay, IGN's review was a joke. They praised the gameplay, which is most important. And then they started nitpicking at really mundane things. Like inferring that the search for collectibles was comparable to Nazi pilfering? WHAT? Give me a break. And then condemning Cap for having a broken statue counter. You don't HAVE to break teh statues. And why is it they love it when you can do evil things in other games, and yet NOW they're sticking to some kind of decency? Does Cap inspire their gameplay that much? Pretend teh statues are demonic, or resonating evil hypno waves if it makes you feel better. I swear people are coming down on this game just to look superior or prophetic.

Posted on Jul 20, 2011 5:16:47 AM PDT
I'm having a blast with it, I love these games, though. I even enjoyed the Iron Man games, despite their many flaws.

Posted on Jul 22, 2011 10:13:10 AM PDT
Derek says:
I have not played this game, but I have played Arkham Asylum and found that game to be a classic. I will gladly play any game that is an Arkham Asylum ripoff, because that is like paying a compliment to that game, but judging your comments it seems that you attempted to be negative by comparing something to Arkham Asylum?

Posted on Jul 24, 2011 6:16:26 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jul 25, 2011 8:33:19 AM PDT
Jason says:
Dan... IGN's review upset me a lot. They really were nitpicking trying to find things to lower the score for the game. I think review sites are over analyzing this game and picking on it for no reason other than it isn't a "big budget premium title".

The collectables do get annoying at some point, I mean they have 4 separate spots for dossier folders around one table. Couldn't you of just put a Hydra Folder-case there instead? However, it was also a lot of fun known everywhere you look there is something to pick up. It promotes exploration and takes away from a linear storyline. So while it could be a little mundane, it works for this game which is why I didn't even bother mentioning it in my review.(Because it is not a negative in my book. Everyone loves finding XP bonuses and clips that expand on various enemies and backstory)

The combat was really refreshing because it has that nice Batman: AA style which has that blend of bullet-time w/ counter-responsiveness. The only gripe I had was there is some sluggishness/responsiveness problems I had found with the ps3/360 versions. It isn't that bad where it is unplayable; Any gamer would just adjust to it after 30mins of gameplay (which tends to be normal for any game, adjusting to the controls).

The game is priced right for what it is also; so despite the problems it has, the game is refreshing and a lot of fun to play through at least once for the experience. I personally couldn't see doing another play-through just because of all those Dossiers! Once was enough Arrr.. Why do you haunt me evil Hydra folders!?

If you ask me this is one of the better "movie tie-in games" I've seen in a while.. a little bit more polish and it could of been even better! Why some review sites are giving it 5's and 6's is beyond me. There is no reason why this game shouldn't be at least a 7 or higher in score. For once we have a decent movie tie-in game.

Posted on Jul 26, 2011 11:12:02 PM PDT
Dan says:
If anything, the real drawback is not having a new game+. I've played thru it 3 times now, because I really do enjoy getting to play as Cap, but having to collect everything each time to get the upgrades is a bit annoying. Yet, no game is perfect. This was a great foundation for, hopefully, a superior sequel.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 26, 2011 11:20:50 PM PDT
Jared Castle says:
"This was a great foundation for, hopefully, a superior sequel."

Smart comment. I hope so, too.
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  14
Total posts:  28
Initial post:  May 3, 2011
Latest post:  Sep 3, 2011

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 3 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Captain America: Super Soldier - Xbox 360
Captain America: Super Soldier - Xbox 360 by Sega Of America, Inc. (Xbox 360)
4.2 out of 5 stars (61)