|Item Weight||4.8 ounces|
|Product Dimensions||2.4 x 0.4 x 2.6 inches|
|Item model number||TVBU505|
|Item Package Quantity||1|
|Usage||Wall Hung Plasma, LCD or LED Big Screens.|
|Warranty Description||Arlington fittings are carefully inspected and our manufacturing process is designed to prevent the possibility of a defective product leaving our plant. In the event any of our products are found to be defective, we will replace them with new product free of charge. The time limit for this warranty is one year following the date of sale or one year after the date of installation, whichever is the earlier date. This warranty does not apply when the product is used for any purpose other than the intended use as described in the Arlington literature. This warranty does not apply when the product is used for any installation which would violate the national electrical code or any code which takes precedence in a particular jurisdiction. Labor is not included.|
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
Arlington TVBU505-1 TV Box Recessed Outlet Wall Plate Kit, 2-Gang, White, 1-Pack
|Price:||$14.42 & FREE Shipping on orders over $35. Details|
|You Save:||$4.57 (24%)|
- Enter your model number above to make sure this fits.
- Adjusts to fit 1/4-Inch to 1-1/2-Inch thick wall board, paneling or drywall
- Recessed bracket sits behind the wall to help you hide wires
- Designed for Power and Low voltage wiring - perfect for LCDS in white
- 2-gang unit Includes paintable trim plate
- Wing design provides secure mounting of bracket automatically as screw is tightened
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
From the Manufacturer
From the Manufacturer
TV Box Components
Arlington is a leading manufacturer of quality electrical products, communications products, home theater products, and more since 1949. To meet the changing needs of the electrical industry, Arlington continuously develops unique and innovative products that meet the quality standards our customers expect.
Two-Gang Recessed TV Box for Power and Low Voltage
by Alrington Industries
Arlington’s recessed non-metallic combination power and low voltage TV BOX Kit includes all you need to mount a flat screen TV secure, and flush against a wall.
The box offers power in one side and low voltage in the other for Class 2 wiring of satellite or cable TV, speakers and more.
Two-Gang Recessed TV Box for Power and Low Voltage
The Job Looks Great!
Plugs and connectors stay inside this two-gang box; wires stay hidden behind the wall.
A Complete Installation
The TV Box can be used for both new and retrofit projects - UL/CSA Listed.
Features and Benefits
- For new construction or retrofit, in walls up to 1-1/2" thick
- Boxes screw-mount to stud in new construction
- Mounting wings hold box securely against the wall in retrofit projects
|TV Bridge Kit||TV Bridge II Kit w/ Angled Power Box||TV Bridge Kit for Shallow Wall Depths||Low Profile TV Box for Shallow Wall Depths||TV Box for Versatile Home Theater Installations||Recessed TV Box w/ Angled Openings|
|Trade Size||2-Gang||2-Gang||2-Gang||5" x 8" Box||8" x 10" Box||3-Gang|
|Listing||UL/CSA||ETL||ETL||cUL US||UL/CSA||cUL US|
|Usage||Mount a Flat Screen TV Flush Against the Wall||Mount a Flat Screen TV Flush Against the Wall||Low Profile TV Bridge Kit for Shallow Wall Depths||Installation of Flat Panel TV on 1/2" or 5/8" Drywall with Shallow Wall Depths||For Versatile Home Theater Installations||For use with close-clearance TV mounting hardware|
|Country of Origin||Made in USA||Made in USA||Made in USA||Made in USA||Made in USA||Made in USA|
Top Customer Reviews
1) Plan and measure. After you start cutting sheet rock the ability to change your mind starts coming with costs, so double check your placement before you cut. If you are doing this at the same time as a television mount job, mount the TV first so you can see where to place the top box for zero or minimum visibility. Both boxes need to be between the same studs if you want to do your install without climbing in the attic to switch sections in your wall and run all that cable (don't do it).
Side note: This does not come with a template to use to draw on your wall pre-cut. Work around this by cutting one out of the box the kit came in. The recessed boxes aren't perfectly square so make sure you label the top of your template. I made mine by tracing the kit on the box, cutting it out, then cutting out the inside of the template to trace where I need to cut. Trace the inside of the template on the wall with a pencil and you are good to go.
2) Cut. This is step is self explanatory, but I would add that if you have insulation in your wall like I did you should try and find a shallow cutting tool for your sheet rock. It is easier to fish the wires through if you haven't cut the paper backing on your insulation.Read more ›
The installation was pretty straightforward. I already have walls in place, so I was instructed to cut a 5 1/4" X 6" hole in the drywall for the box to fit in. This leaves about 1/8" on all sides for a little wiggle room to both get the box all the way in there, and to make sure it's level. I used an electrical outlet and a combination coaxial/hdmi receptacle. For the outlet, the hot wire (usually black) goes to the gold screw, the neutral wire (usually white) goes to the silver screw, and the ground wire (usually a bare wire) goes on the green screw. The a/v receptacle I used simply involved plugging the male end of both cables into a double-ended female port of both designs.Read more ›
1) Instructions were really weak. No pictures at all. Only text on a single page. Part list was not really there and there were pictures of multiple items that are not included. They should call out what is not in the box.
2) Does not include the romex that runs behind the wall. Luckily I had some around the house, but they really should call that out in the product description and in the instructions.
3) Snapped off a screw when trying to attach the electrical outlet to the box. I'd highly recommend using some wax on the screw before attempting to screw it in. Worked fine with wax. Screws were incredibly cheap and the holes were too tight. Luckily the small outer plate seem to hold it in fine, but better screws would have overcome this issue. Almost had to return it because of this. Could not get the screw back out since it snapped again when using vice grips.
4) How do they not include a template for the cutout in the wall? Saw there were dimensions on the side of the box after I'd already cut the hole. No idea why they weren't on the actual instruction page and only on the side of the box.
Price was better than the other products. The reasons above might be why. Did like the fact that the box is more recessed than their competitor's products. But I did get lucky when cutting the hole. It turns out there was a 2x4 about 4 inches above the hole I cut on the opposite drywall. The studfinder didn't see it because it was horizontal and on the opposite wall. Be aware of that since this is a deeply recessed box.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Note that if you want to use this for new work, the power outlet *has* to be on the stud side. I have a situation where I want the power outlet to be on the right side and the A/V... Read morePublished 1 day ago by Mike H.
Did the job and it was easy to install with the swinging plastic hooksPublished 7 days ago by Edward Streiff
We recently retired and moved to a manufactured home in the country. I wasn't sure if this style of cable kit would work so I took out an outlet and measured, it fits great. Read morePublished 8 days ago by William Arthur
Great product. Instructions aren't useful, but it's pretty simple to install. Really makes the mounted tv look clean.Published 9 days ago by Sean
If you are planning on hanging a TV on a wall this is a must have. Great quality nice productPublished 12 days ago by DD
Worked great! Couldn't give it 5 stars because the plates were flimsy and cracked on both kits I ordered. Easy fix with a trip to your favorite home improvement store. Read morePublished 12 days ago by D-Money