Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

VINE VOICEon June 27, 2013
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
From the photos of this product, I was under the impression that it was quite large, with baffle-box construction and thick material that would allow for one or even two people to sleep comfortably even with their arm under the pillow. This is utter fiction.

The pillow is a decently made item, with well structured baffles and stable seams. However, it's IN NO WAY supportive. This is because for one, the material it's made of is basically a stretchy polyester - the kind of thing generally used to make kids' beanbags or shiny, butt-hugging leggings. It's not dense, it's not heavyweight and it for darn sure doesn't hold its shape under any kind of pressure. It's also filled with those plastic foam beanbag pellets - small enough to not be too annoying, but also very clearly circular and, well, beanbag like. This is essentially a very squishy beanbag pillow. In terms of support you will get the exact same effect if you just take a "soft" almost king sized pillow and put your arm under it.

This is BY NO MEANS a good substitute for a fine quality feather pillow or firm memory foam pillow. It is not full king size, won't fit into any pillowcase comfortably (obviously) and is honestly not as comfortable as a pillow that doesn't have all the extra seams and details affixed to the bottom. The beans inside make for a weird, awkward texture to sleep on, and it doesn't help that due to the plastic nature of all the components, the thing has to off-gas for several days, letting off a pretty unpleasant odor. I think this is going to end up in the cat bed, because neither my husband nor myself can tolerate it.
review image review image
on March 7, 2014
So, I really wanted to give this pillow a good review. I hovered above the "purchase" button of several months before giving in, and I'm now regretting it. When I first received the pillow I thought it was decent, but it looked different from the picture. However, I love sleeping on microbeads and it was all around comfy. However, the arm hole just didn't seem firm enough so my head was still pretty much resting on it - making the novelty somewhat worthless. I ended up buying one of those "pillow aid" arm cylinders and the combination actually made me sleep pretty well.

However after about two weeks I went to wash the pillow cover and I realized why my pillow looked different than the pictures. I had received one with a hole in it and the microbeads had mostly spilled out. This is why I didn't have the firm "arm tunnel" I was supposed to.

For $90, I now I have a decently comfortable micro-pillow (with no arm tunnel) that I can not wash (in fear of a micro-bead avalanche).

If you got one that didn't have a hole then I can imagine it would be a good pillow. It's comfy with a good design and a good height. However, I must have gotten a very poor quality one. Not with the $90 gamble, in my opinion.
on January 23, 2014
This pillow works wonderfully whether I am sleeping on my side or back. I love the little shoulder "shelf" at the front of the pillow, it gives extra support for my head against my shoulder, something that I haven't found in any other pillow so far (I have about 12 on my bed, most of them "specialty" pillows like this one). I don't use the arm tunnel too often, but when I have wanted to, it's been really nice that it's there. The height of the pillow is perfect for me, and would probably work well for most since it's sort of "adjustable." It's semi-moldable, which means I can bunch it up in a certain spot where I need more support, and it will retain that shape for awhile (and still be soft and supportive).

Regarding the smell that other reviewers wrote about--yes, there was a strong smell when I first opened the bag, but I let the pillow air out for about two-three days, and it was completely, totally gone (and I am *very* sensitive to smells).

The pillow is probably something that won't last "a lifetime," as the materials inside will probably absorb moisture and/or harden over time, but it's so comfortable I'd be willing to replace it with the same thing in a couple of years.
on August 7, 2013
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
Even if this were the greatest pillow ever made, I wouldn't be able to use it because it has a terrible chemical/plastic smell. I'm not sure if the smell comes from the spandex or the micro-beads, but whatever it is, I can't bear it. I have an especially sensitive nose, so it may not bother other people. I asked my sister to smell it in several different places, and she couldn't detect the smell I was describing.

The micro-beads inside the pillow make a sort of crunchy sound whenever you move, which is another reason I can't use this pillow. The beads do adjust to your contours, but they don't provide much support. Based on the photos, I expected this pillow to be fairly substantial, but it's actually quite small and flat. No way could you share this pillow with another person, as claimed in the product description.
VINE VOICEon July 7, 2013
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
The description of this pillow and the pictures suggest substantially more than the product delivers. I found there was barely more room for my arm than with a regular pillow and it did not keep me any more still in bed. Given the price--I got mine through Vine--I couldn't recommend this to anyone.
VINE VOICEon August 6, 2013
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
I like this pillow even though it has a different feel from regular down or microfiber or polyester pillows. I like the Arm Tunnel because I like to sleep on my side with my arm under my pillow.

The pillow is filled with micro beads. When I lay my head on the pillow I can feel the beads. It is a nice feeling because my head sinks into the pillow and the beads feel nice resting against my head. It would be interesting trying a regular shaped pillow with micro beads in it to see how it feels.

This pillow is made with an arm tunnel in the center. As a result I use the pillow in two ways. I use it with another pillow on top and my arm resting in the arm tunnel. I also use it in my reclining chair and I rest my head in the center.

I like to sleep on my side with my arm under my pillow but my arm will feel uncomfortable and get a pins and needles feeling with a regular pillow. This pillow gives me a space to place my arm so it does not get that pins and needles feeling. I do put another pillow on top because I usually sleep with two pillows.

I also use the pillow when I am sitting in my reclining chair. I sometimes will turn the pillow over and rest my head in the Arm Tunnel. I like the feel of the beads against my head as my head rests in the pillow. I will also use the pillow face up with the Arm Tunnel opening on the bottom It give me a little more support than the other way and also feels good.

The pillow came in a plastic wrap with the website for the company. I could not find any tags on the pillow listing the contents of the pillow or washing options.

This is a good micro fiber bead pillow with an Arm Tunnel. I would not use it as my sole pillow in bed and it is different from the pillows I have grown up with but it is still very good for what it is--a micro fiber bead pillow with and Arm Tunnel.

I would give it four and half stars because it lacked information about the contents and ways to wash it but since I can't I give it five stars.
on August 3, 2013
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
The best thing I can say about this pillow is that at least I didn't have to pay for it. If I had, I might have had a hard time getting my money back once I had removed it from the plastic covering and tried it out for a night. I use the word "night" loosely because it lasted about 5 minutes before I literally threw it off the bed. That was a month ago and the pillow has not been used since. First off, I do not like the little foam beads: they seem to conduct heat (hot pillows are my pet peeve), they make a ridiculous amount of noise every time you shift, and I simply do not find them as supportive or comfortable as memory foam, which I would recommend to you in a heartbeat over the beads. The pillow was also far too thick for my liking. I am used to having multiple pillows so I can change them out or stack them during the night depending on how hot/cold they are or how much head/neck support I need. With this pillow, it was so thick I did not have room for my other pillows (specifically, my favorite pillow -- a Sleep Innovations VERSACURVE memory foam pillow). Also note that it is plenty wide enough (as advertised); however, there is no way two people -- as the literature claims -- will be able to use it comfortably at the same time unless they are conjoined twins or chronic spooners, as it simply isn't long enough for that. I was also disappointed to find that the arm tunnel didn't seem to be as defined as it looked in the pictures on Amazon. It was still a nice feature to have but there's no way it can make up for the discomfort. Obviously, there are people who will love this product. But just as many will hate it. That's why I recommend only buying expensive pillows like this in person after you've had a chance to test them out.
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
The Arm Tunnel Pillow Micro Cloud Pillow IS like a cloud.
There is a zipper on the cover, so it can be washed. You do not cover the pillow with a case. That would defeat many of the benefits this pillow affords you.
We deal with a lot of pain here. I know that a good night's sleep is critical to our well being.
This pillow, specifically for people who live and sleep with pain, is very helpful, I think.

I am not able to say that I am an expert(eg, orthopedic doctor, pain specialist) with a degree.

The pain we have here is: fybromyalgia, osteoarthritis,bursitis, and neuropathy. My husband also has insomnia.
He can hold it any way he wants and finds it to assist in easing night time pain.

This pillow has been helpful with all of these chronic discomforts, in our case.

I would not suggest buying one of these pillows with the expectation of sharing it, despite the photos shown of a couple sleeping, using it that way,

Yes, it can be used by two people due to the fact that it has channels which keep sections separate which means one person's weight on the pillow does not affect the other person's weight on the pillow.

However, it is too small in my opinion, for use by two people. I think all the photos of this pillow make it look larger than it is. Read the dimensions and then compare them with a regular pillow.

However, that is the only negative thing I have to say.

Other than that, this is the most comfortsble pillow I have ever had. We find it a blessing to have a pillow this great.

Added after reading other comments: Yes, we smelled the smell. It goes away in around two days.

Final note: it never loses its shape.
VINE VOICEon July 7, 2013
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
I was very skeptical about this pillow after receiving it and examining its structure. I was all set to write a snarky 1-star review about gimmicky over-priced "Sham-Wow" type products when I noticed something important. After using the Arm Tunnel Micro Cloud Pillow for the last two weeks, I'm sleeping better!

I am a side-sleeper which puts me in the target audience for this product. I'm 64 years old and sound, restful sleep has gotten more elusive with each passing year. Even with this pillow, I still wake up a couple of times every night, but I feel that those intervals where I am asleep are deeper and more restful than with my old regulation, Queen Size, polyester-fill pillows.

Because of its unusual structure, a standard pillowcase won't fit properly. The Arm Tunnel Pillow comes in its own specially designed case which opens via a zipper pull on the right side of the "thin" edge. I couldn't find laundering instructions for it, but I washed it in hot and observed no negative consequences.

As far as this being a pillow for two, well, I could see newlyweds getting away with that but, honestly, that's the only case. I think it's a mistake for the manufacturer to market it that way. I suspect that they have done so as a way of justifying its cost, which is admittedly high.

I suggest that you draw no conclusion after just one or two nights. Any pillow change, good or bad, requires time to get used to the difference. Give it a few nights before you decide.

I find that I prefer to sleep off-center, to the right or the left, rather in the central "valley" of the pillow.

I don't know if it's due to the "arm-tunnels" (I don't think so) or the "micro-bead" filling (most probably) or some other aspect of the pillow's construction, but the net-net is that I sleep better and, to me, that's worth 5-stars.

EDIT 12/2013: On the unlikely possibility that someone might wade through the pages of reviews for this item and see this, I felt obliged to offer a status update. In early November of 2013, I awoke one morning to discover that most of the strength in my left arm had disappeared! A trip to the Emergency Room yielded a diagnosis of Cervical Radiculopathy--a pinched nerve in my neck.

I had an MRI, and that showed that my neck was actually in pretty good shape. I'd had no recent neck injury. When I informed my doctor that I had changed pillows to this one a few months earlier, he felt that was the most likely culprit.

I'm not changing my rating because there's no direct proof that the Arm Tunnel Pillow was responsible, but I thought I ought to mention it.

I've switched back to my old Target pillow.
on July 7, 2013
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
When I opened the box and found this oddly shaped pillow I didn't know what to think. True, it looks exactly like the photo, but somehow it's a little more odd up close. I'll confess that I don't find the arm tunnel to be much of an asset. It never seems to be in the right spot for me. Also, I'm not buying the blurb that it is big enough to share. It's about the same a king-size pillow, and that's not sharing size to me. Still, I didn't get it with the intention of sharing it, so that was no big deal. I also was a little concerned about the beads inside because my history with beaded pillows is that they contour to much to my face and smother me. This pillow does not. There are so many beads packed in that they give to my head and body, but not to the extent that it curls around me. It supports instead, which I really like. The greatest benefit I have found is that it raises my head enough that it keeps my indigestion for popping up about an hour after I go to sleep. For the last six months, at least four nights a week I have woken up about an hour after going to bed with severe indigestion. I generally have to get up and sit for at least an hour before going back to bed, severely impacting my functionality the next day. In the 10 days I have been using this people, I've only had one night of indigestion. Admittedly, this is a small sample, but it is a huge deal to me. The manufacturer has made no such claim, and this is an unexpected bonus, but I'm certainly glad. The only other minor downside is that after 10 days, there is still a bit of a plastic-chemical smell when I first lay down. This has gradually diminished, and I expect it will go away entirely soon. I mention it, however, for those with sensitive noses.