Top critical review
69 people found this helpful
CAT TREE IS GREAT BUT TAKE PRECAUTION!
on August 22, 2013
My cat, Gizmo, almost died a few weeks ago while playing on the tree around 2 AM. There is an elastic string with the a furry ball at the end. It was attached underneath a floor panel, as how it is seen in the picture. Apparently he was playing with it and causing motion, the ball flew in a direction which it ended up being wrapped around his neck. My boyfriend kept hearing a cat cough (we have 2), so he followed the sound and realized that Gizmo was choking! Either cut the string by making it shorter where it does not have enough room to spin around, or don't put it all. It's not worth placing if it places your little one in danger. Thank God my boyfriend was still awake. I would've woken up and discovered my kitty hung by the neck if it wasn't for my bf!