Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon King easycohice_2016 All-New Amazon Fire TV Grocery Valentine's Day Cards Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Shop Now SnS

on November 17, 2012
Fits my iPhone 5 (with a UAG "Outland" case) very well -- not too snug, not too loose. The neoprene case provides some amount of protection from the elements. I ran with it in a good, steady rain today and my phone stayed dry. That said, the neoprene case does not close up tight; there are ample ways for water to trickle in. So use your judgement when it comes to being outside with it when it's wet. In general, though, I'd say a light rain shouldn't pose an issue. The fit of the armband is a bit snug for me. I would have liked a little more adjustability, especially when I'm running in a bulkier top layer. The case's build quality seems good. And it's easy to control the touch screen via the plastic panel. Overall, I think this is a quality product, especially for the price.
0Comment49 of 52 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 27, 2012
Loving it so far. Was looking for a armband that would hold my iphone 5 with its Otter Box defender on, and this one works great!!!! Highly recommend!!!!!! Oh and no problem connecting my headphone through the bottom opening, pulling the little cover of the Otter Box Defender were the headphone jack is located ,was a breeze. Love, Love, Love!!!!
0Comment54 of 60 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 31, 2013
Eh...it's okay...

I have an iPhone 5 with an Otterbox Defender. I'm also an avid runner. Getting the phone in and out of this thing is not easy. The opening is really tight. Once I shove it in there, then I have to adjust it so it shows properly through the window. When I'm done running, I get to wrestle it out of there. The construction of this arm band is not particularly strong and I'm waiting for the day when all this pushing and shoving is going to tear it to shreds.

It's not the best design, but it's all I've found out there that will fit an Otterbox Defender. So, I now consider shoving the phone into this arm band part of my workout routine...
11 comment66 of 81 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 27, 2012
I like it but the arm band is extremely small, I don't have very large arms but this band fits very tight and with any type of jacket it is almost impossible to wear over it.
on March 7, 2013
This held my iPhone 4 in a phone case similar to shape of otterbox. I love it because most will not hold a bulky case!
on July 31, 2013
Don't have to remove my iPhone 5 from its speck case at all. Fits in perfectly. Ear buds cord holder works great. No problems using the touch screen.
on October 11, 2013
All in all, it's a cheap neoprene armband that WILL fit an iPhone 5 in a otterbox defender case. If you have a otterbox DEFENDER, it is kind of bulky and there aren't any sport bands that really fit it. This leaves you with a dilemma of: take it out of the case to put it in a traditional armband, OR buy a big bulky neoprene armband? Some have said it's quite difficult to get the phone into the band. It's a squeeze but it's neoprene so it stretches. (if you don't know what neoprene is think scuba diving suit) The biggest problem I have and pulls it down on my stars rating is the access areas at the bottom, you know, for connecting the lightning cable or say some headphones? They cut in three tiny ports that barely fit a headphone plug itself. Now being as they selling this directly to people that have a defender case, we know the defender case has wonderfully snug silicone covers for every port that have to be folded out of the way. Once you put your phone in the band, it's nearly impossible to open. If you feel like it, a pair of small SHARP scissors and cut the port a bit larger to facilitate folding out the rubber Defender headphone cover. It works for me, just don't leave sharp edges (curved cuts if possible) or you may create a point for the neoprene to tear later. (photo) Slightly overpriced for what it is. Neoprene really isn't the material I would have chosen considering the Defender will keep out water and sweat just fine. I would have gone with a synthetic mesh to make it lighter and less bulky.

OH ONE LAST THING. I bought the extension strap because the description says it fits like a 9-17" bicep. I have about 18" biceps and didn't want a tourniquet. It's neoprene and stretches pretty well. If you have some 19-20" biceps or bigger, get the extension otherwise save the $7.
review image
on April 27, 2013
The armband works for holding the iPhone 5 in the otter box commuter case. The phone goes in and out of the band easily. The only challenge is plugging in the headphones to the phone once it is in the armband. This is more of a challenge due to the otter box case than the band. Yet, when the armband is used daily for workouts it can be frustrating sometimes.

The band works on my arm without the extender but is at the very end. It is not too tight that it disrupts my workout, this band actually does very well for my high intensity workouts. It stays in place and does not move.

The clear plastic screen can make using the phone slightly difficult. One must press a little harder. Yes I could see typing being a challenge, but if you are using this to workout why are you typing, lol.
0Comment13 of 17 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 8, 2013
The armband fixes perfect. The armband can be easily take off and on. Great for walking or running. Wish it had a pocket for a car or house key.
on March 6, 2013
Sturdy, and fits small womens arms without having a ton of excess material left over or so big that you can't even get it to stick. I am definitely going to buy this again if need be.