5.0 out of 5 stars A MUST HAVE!
Published on May 12, 2009 by J. M. Vernon

3.0 out of 5 stars Warranty isn't as good as it reads!
I bought the Armitron TY2807SV for 120$ last year at Sears. It was heavy and I hoped it would not break all the time like my Casio watches did. Casio used cheap plastic cases, which I wore for over 20 years. They always broke at the place where the band attaches to the face. So, I thought, I'll get a metal watch again which should be durable. Yesterday, the metal armitron...
Published on April 8, 2012 by William N Elmer II

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars A MUST HAVE!, May 12, 2009
This review is from: Armitron Men's 204406BISV Automatic Silver-Tone with Black and Blue Accents Dress Watch (Watch)
I'll make this short and sweet....Gorgeous, Solid, Accurate. And with a lifetime warranty from Armitron you just can't go wrong with this watch. A word of advice for those that have never owned a automatic watch. You must wind the watch a few times before wearing it. This will prepare the jewels(gears), winding spring and winding weight for prolonged accurate time keeping. Also follow the instructions for maintenance and send the watch back to the manufacturer or watch smith in your area periodically to have the jewels(gears), spring and winding weight oiled.

Enjoy,
JMV/NYC

"Remember...you have all the time in the world to do with as you wish, but you have no time to waste."

4.0 out of 5 stars armitron automatic dress watch, April 14, 2009
This is a very attractive watch and I have received many compliments however; the polished bezel around the watch crystal scratches quickly from just reaching into my jeans pockets. It still looks good though! The blue in the picture is actually a metallic or anodized blue.

4.0 out of 5 stars Armitron Men's 204406BISV Automatic Silver-Tone with Black and Blue Accents Dress Watch, June 29, 2010
Amazing beautiful watch. Received lots of compliments for friends. You would be amazed by the watch. Would like to give it 5 star rating however the link scratch easily.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good gift, August 31, 2009
I recive this watch on my bithday I thought armitron no a well know brand but I had this watch for already 2 years and works very good like a seiko and is a interenting looking watch,the only small problem you have to wear every day if not it will stop in about 60 hours when is wind all the way,gain 30 seconds a month that's good in a automatic watch ,if you want a watch to use daily I highly recommend this watch.

5.0 out of 5 stars nice watch, June 8, 2008
I bought this model at Wallyworld and with tax it was 131 bucks and change. would have been cheaper to buy it on Amazon. 21 jewel movement, lifetime warranty (yes, lifetime!) full exhibition case at a reasonable price. Armitron claims it has a 40 hour power reserve, but my watch seems to like to run down after 30 hours. I love this watch and get many positive comments on it

5.0 out of 5 stars Love the watch, January 1, 2010
Very nice watch. I love it. The movement is very nice. Very easy to size. I wind it when i dont wear if for a full day, but even then it has not stopped on me. I just do it to be sure. You can see the spring inside and know how tight it is wound, that is nice.

4.0 out of 5 stars great for the money, March 27, 2013
I'll start off by saying I purchased this watch in September of 2011, this review is as of March 2013.
This is an awesome looking watch. The band scuffs a little easily but the face of the watch, despite being whacked agaist stone walls and railings several times, is still flawless. About a year into wearing the watch, the automatic winding mechanism stopped working. This was disappointing at first, but it's no big deal to manually wind it every other day. I wear it to work almost every day so I just give it a few quick winds when I put it on.
It's not the most precise timepiece, I loose 1or 2 minutes a week but again it's no problem to give it a quick adjustment. You do get what you pay for, however despite its flaws I would still recommend this watch. It looks amazing and I still get weekly compliments.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great watch, looks good and performs nice, May 2, 2011
First of all the one star reveiw must be dumb, or rich because its a great looking watch and has lots of satisfied customers(It has lifetime warrenty, just get it fixed!). I just got this watch not to long ago and I like it alot. Already I have got complements on it. When you get the watch it says to wind it up 4-6 times before wearing it, but I couldnt wait that long to wear it. I only wound it up 2 times and so far each time it has lasted me about 35-40 hours. They ask you to do that becasue its supposed to improve the watch's gears and make it run better. This watch looks fantastic! The blue is much more shiny (so are the gears etc.) than they are in the picture, which I like alot. The shipping only took one day to get here and I was extremely satisified with the product. It's deffinately a classy watch with a modern day but also a oldened look to it with the visible gears. Great for all ages.

Pros: Great watch. Looks good, had many compliments. Nice solid heavy feel to it. Easy to wind when not in use. Love the life-time warrenty on this product, Company's only do that when they know its a good solid item...and it is! Its more shiny in person than it is in the picture. Would reccommend to friend or family. Cheaper than other store prices especially with free one day shipping. No battery needed of course, just wiggle your arm. Looks more exspensive than it really is. I plan to keep this watch for a verrrryyy long time since it does have a lifetime warrenty and it looks amazing.

Cons: The watch is a little fast. After about 24 hours it was about 3 or 4 seconds fast but that wasnt bad, and I'm sure it will slow to the right speed the more I wind it up. It also has a little flake of dust or something on the inside of the watch (cant notice unless you stare closley at it) right under the glass so I cant do anything about it! Hoping once I get it oiled and such the watch guy can maybe get it out. The links also scratch a little easy. Other than that its a great watch :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Exelent watch, looks like it should cost twice what it is!, October 9, 2013
I've owned this watch for about 2 years, so.. I think I can give it a pretty honest review..

Looks: From day 1 until as recently as an hour ago I get complemented on my watch, even with the scratches. I think it looks great all scratched up btw.. It really gives it character, but OOB new it was stunning!

Function: Flawless, never had a problem with it, ever!

If you still haven't baught it, DO IT NOW BEFORE THEY STOP MAKING IT! I'm getting the same one but black and gold.

After 2 years, sometimes, moisture gets behind the glass. I was suprised, but I'm going to contact Armatron and see if they can clean/reseal it. I'll update the review pending the results.

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful Timepiece, April 15, 2013
This watch certainly generates a lot of interest. Not many people have seen a skeleton watch before, let alone a self winding one.

It arrived before the estimated time and in perfect condition. Would easily recommend them again.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›