4.0 out of 5 stars beautiful but unreliable
Published on June 29, 2012 by Joe9500

1.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful Watch!
I wish I could give this watch 5 stars but I can't. I've had this watch for three months now and I really like it except for two little annoyances.

Published on November 15, 2011 by Randal E. Slutz

1.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful Watch!, November 15, 2011
This review is from: Armitron Men's 204676BLSV Stainless-Steel Multi-Function Blue Textured Dial Sport Watch (Watch)

PROS: Beautiful appearance, tough crystal (if anyone can scratch a crystal, it's me), keeps good time, I like the day of the week & day of the month dials, nice large display for older eyes, nice sweep second hand, very solid metal bracelet, easy to set with two position stem.

CONS: The luminescence is very weak. Hold it close to a bright light & it will shine brightly for maybe 30 minutes, then return to a very dull light level. The stem is not nearly tight enough. It's not really loose, but it pops too easily. I have no idea how it manages to pop, but I have experienced this problem a few times in the three months I've had the watch. The result of this is the watch stops for whatever length of time until I either notice the incorrect time or I manage to re-seat the stem & then it runs behind (usually 15-20 min). This doesn't happen often enough to abandon the watch, but frequently enough to be annoying (as in once a month). This is one of those things that may just be associated with me as the user & not a problem anyone else would encounter.

UPDATE 12/27/11: Initially I wanted to like this watch because it was very attractive. However, the problem with accurate timekeeping continued to just get worse. I replaced the battery thinking I had a bad or dying battery - to no avail. This watch is simply unreliable and was a complete waste of my money. I've owned Armitron timepieces in the past & they were quite excellent. This is NOT one of those.

4.0 out of 5 stars beautiful but unreliable, June 29, 2012
I got mine for Christmas 2011 and around june 2012 it started lagging behind... like 20 seconds on then a pause. I thought it was the battery so i had it changed. it still wont work. I am sending it in to be replaced because i love wearing it and get compliments. it looks three times as expensive as it is. It is worth the hardship it is my daily wear and it looks as good if not better than the $150 Bulova i wear for special occasions.

Update: I had the watch sent away to be fixed and it turns out all it was, is i got a faulty battery and the first time had it changed the movement was damaged. there was nothing wrong with the watch

5.0 out of 5 stars precious watch, June 21, 2013
This watch looks awesome.
It is so precious.
All my friends love it.
I love it too.
I recommended to anyone.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great watch, December 19, 2012
While visiting my favorite local jeweler's store; the owner remarked on how impressive this watch looked. Excels in color, fit and appearance.

1.0 out of 5 stars Watch band not adustable, November 30, 2013
The watch band should be adjustable by removing very small screws to allow links to be removed. The screws could not be removed. I sent the first watch back and received a second watch - it had the same problem.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love It, October 20, 2013
This watch was just what I wanted. I Love It! It came to me on time all in all perfect

5.0 out of 5 stars Really nice watch, April 6, 2014
I bought this as a present for my boyfriend and he really liked it, he told me that it's perfect because he can wear it as casual or dressy as well. It's a little shiny but it's ok, good size and I had no problems with the shipment, came as promised.

5.0 out of 5 stars My Bro In law loved it, April 4, 2014
Got this for my brother in law and he just loved this watch.. he is a doctor and this perfectly fits his profile..

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice for the price but has some flaws., February 22, 2014
Pros:
Classy appearance
Excellent inner workings
Good waterproofing
Easy to read
Under $50 (usually)

Cons:
No backlight and glow in the dark hands are extremely dim
The band has a cheap rattle to it if you like to wear the watch slightly loose like I do
The crystal is glass, not saphire, and scratches easily
The crystal also is raised slightly, making it even more prone to scratches

I decided to keep it, but it won't be my daily driver.

4.0 out of 5 stars very nice watch, January 29, 2014
great watch for the price. The secondary hands are very small and difficult to read. If you just need to know the time, this watch is beautiful and easy to read.

Rate and Discover Movies