Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Men's Leather Watches Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Stephen Kellogg Explore Home Audio All-New Amazon Fire TV Subscribe & Save Valentine's Day Cards Bring a little greenery into your home Amazon Gift Card Offer girls2 girls2 girls2  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Winter Sports on Amazon.com Sale

on July 6, 2013
I'm a pre-teen and I have small little wrists and I still have room at the smaller side. This watch is great for those of you with small wrists and probably big wrists too (on the last hole I can slip my entire hand out easily).
At first I thought this watch might be big and bulky but when I got it was a perfect size. It is definatly big enough to see the numbers but it doesn't take up my whole arm. The pictures they have aren't very good, the silver on the watch is way more like a mirror than silver. The purple is also a very nice color and more vibrant than in the photos. I love the feature where it is a count up timer, I use that for my runs and summer reading programs. The watch also has a count down timer, an alarm, and a second time. Along with the alarm you can make the watch beep hourly. The instructions are very easy to follow (think about it, a twelve year old set this watch and figured everything out in about an hour).
This watch is way better than my previous watch and it would be wonderful for everyone.
11 comment35 of 36 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
This is a totally awesome pretty in pink watch for all seasons and practically all sports. It's water and splash resistant (to an amazing depth), but not waterproof. Whether you're jogging or working up a sweat in a Zumba class, this watch is an excellent choice. The band is made of a flexible resin and can easily be wiped down after a workout. This sport watch is for the active, on the go person and has several functions.

For example, if you run on a track, this watch has a stopwatch with split time function. This is a feature you see on some of the more expensive sports watches and stopwatches. Surprised by this feature? It even has a countdown timer. Of course setting these features is easy, but not intuitive. Make sure you put aside the directions so you'll be able to work with them. There's a clear flexible plastic covering the crystal you should remove when you get the watch.

FEATURES:

► Bright bubblegum pink details lend a fun, feminine touch to this sport watch from Armitron.
► Quartz movement with digital display
► Functions include luminous dial, alarm, chronograph, lap time, countdown timer, second time zone, and military time
► Water-resistant to 100 m (330 feet)
► Time Telling Mode (Hours, Minutes, Seconds, Date, and Day of the Week)
► Calendar Mode (Month, Date, and Day of the Week)
► (2) 24 Hour Alarms
► Hourly chime: One `Beep' sound every full Hour
► Chronograph Mode: Hours, Minutes, Seconds and 1/100 of a Second with Lap Operation
► Dual Time Zone
► 12/24 Hour (Military Time)
► Water Resistant as indicated on the Watch
► INSTALITE - Electro Luminescent Display

If you aren't a particularly sporty person, but like the look, there are several features you probably will make good use of. One of them I like is the backlight. With a quick tap during the night or in any darkened circumstance, the face with subtly light up for three seconds. There is also a 24-hour alarm and, if you're into it, an hourly chime.

I'm not a good one at setting watch features, so I definitely appreciate the clear directions and watch visual. I've had this watch for a few weeks and tried everything out except for the immersion feature. FYI, the water-resistance (if accurate) is better than the Timex sport watch, which is designed with the athlete in mind. Pretty in pink, loads of features, and a very reasonable price for what you're getting.

Sample provided for review.
TOP 500 REVIEWERon October 29, 2013
This Armitron sports chronograph is water resistant to 330 feet so it can be used for water sports and even worn in the shower. The purple color plays against the technical look of the chrome and black.

The liquid crystal display is easy to read and the numbers light up for a few seconds when one of the buttons is pressed. There are several useful features including day and date, a timer, and an alarm.

The flexible band is very comfortable and it has a durable metal buckle. There is even a little nub on the band that keeps the end of it from slipping out from the keeper so it is very secure on the wrist.

It works for everyday casual wear as well as sports and would make a nice stocking stuffer.
TOP 50 REVIEWERVINE VOICEon October 28, 2013
Update: One year update (10/3/2014) This watch is still working great! It looks like the day I got it even with being worn by my teenage daughter through softball season and any number of other things she's put it through. The battery is still going strong, so I haven't needed to change it out at all in the first year.

Original review:
This sports watch is loaded with tons of features, and is so simple to use that I had all the menus figured out in just minutes. Not only is the time shown, but also the date and which day of the week it currently is. The seconds are also shown, and there is an additional stop watch timer in the settings.

You can set the watch for an alarm to go off once at a specific time, or set up a daily alarm to go off at the same time each day. There is also an hourly chime option you can set so the watch will beep every hour if you set it to.

In addition to having the current time set on your watch, there is also a second time zone function you can set. With the press of a button, you can switch from the current time zone to another pre-set time zone you've entered in. Very handy if you do a lot of traveling between the same time two time zones and want to have a shortcut to resetting your watch each time.

There is a dedicate back-light button on the side of the watch so you can easily find it and press it even when it's dark and you can't see it. This lights up all the digital numbers in a blue-green color that is easy to see when lighting is low or completely dark.

The watches band is made of a soft and flexible grey two-toned rubber that's comfortable against the skin. The band uses an adjustable buckle closure, so it will fit a wide variety of wrist sizes. I have a 6 inch wrist and there's plenty of room to go up by several inches and also down by several. This watch could easily fit pre-teen kids to adults.

The color and sporty design of this Armitron is very gender neutral. What I believe makes it a women's watch is the scale of the watch and band itself. It's sized to fit a woman's smaller wrist. While it is a women's watch, my almost 13 year old son saw it and was hoping I had gotten it for him. He loves the grey and orange colors, and so do I. Very sharp looking.

It's a great every day watch that will hold up through all kinds of use and abuse. And being water resistant, it can survive getting caught in the rain, being dropped in the sink, being splashed while doing dishes or any number of other ways you might get it wet. If you're looking for a great looking sports watch with tons of features that are super easy to use, this Armitron is an awesome choice!

A sample of this product was provided for an unbiased review.
11 comment16 of 18 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
VINE VOICEon March 2, 2014
After my older, and admittedly incredibly cheap, Armitron sports watch finally fell to pieces after many years of usage (it was a plastic little pink thing that lasted for about eleven years, before the plastic band eventually broke off - the watch face itself still keeps time, though), I found myself in need of a new digital sports watch. So, I looked through Armitron's offerings here on Amazon and selected this watch in pink/black. While I love this watch and it's a huge improvement over my old watch, I do miss one key feature.

HIGHLIGHTS: The resin band is smooth, feels good to the touch, is much nicer than the old plastic I was used to, and thinner but still seems durable. This watch has all the features I need - somewhat waterproof, a stopwatch, days of the week / date - and a few more I may never use but am happy to have. I was concerned about being able to read the time on the pink background, but it shows clearly.

LOWLIGHTS: The sound. My old watch only beeped when using the stopwatch function, which I found annoying but logical. This watch, however, beeps when you press any button (excluding the light). For some people, that may not be a problem, but I find it frustrating and wish there was some way to shut off the sound. Also, the face of the watch arrived with some sort of smudge or scuff that I can't seem to remove. It's very small, but it can be noticeable and distracting when it catches in the light.

All in all, this watch is wonderful, even with the few minor issues I have with it. Considering my older watch, it's an excellent upgrade and I'm hopeful that this one will last a long time.
on August 30, 2013
As a college student I wanted a casual/sporty watch that I could also use at my swimming classes. This watch does the trick and isn't as big as other similar watches.

The only extra note is that it's screen isn't too scratch resistant, it'll survive but if you're too clumsy with it, you'll have scratches all over the screen.
on May 9, 2013
Since there's only 3 reviews on this watch I took a chance anyway. This watch is gorgeous. It's shiny and even my boyfriend was amazed by it. It was even set to the exact time and date! I would highly recommend this watch for anyone who needs a watch for everyday use
on October 31, 2013
I like this sports watch a lot, much like the other reviewers so far. I have a few sports watches, but this is the only one in my current collection that displays everything on one screen - time, date, day of week. You don't have to switch modes to view the day/date - everything is on one screen. I do some event planning in my job and this watch will come in very handy on busy event days when I want something functional and quick to tell time.
The watch is extremely easy to use and find all the features (second time, light, time set, alarm, etc). The band is quite comfortable. I feel like it is secure on my wrist with the closure and especially like the notch that keeps the extra band corralled. Overall, very satisfied with this watch.
on August 6, 2013
Bought this watch to wear while working out. Much to my surprise not only am I wearing it as a work out watch but for everyday use as well. I love the multi functions, including being able to get it wet. Pleasantly surprised how stylish the watch is too! It stands out nicely in the gym & also goes with multiple casual outfits! Double score with this purchase! I would highly recommend this watch!
on May 30, 2013
Got this watch and the time was already set for my time zone. Not a huge deal, but a little detail that was pretty cool...says something about the company. The watch fits great and seems pretty hardy. It has a stopwatch, alarm, timer, and 2nd time zone setting (really nice if you travel a lot). It went to Disney with me and got soaked when I did on a water ride and seemed to fair just fine. Really love this watch. It's simple, but has just enough features to be really useful. I'm very happy with my purchase.