5.0 out of 5 stars Great watch; looks expensive but isn't.
Published on September 2, 2011 by Dan Cote

3.0 out of 5 stars Looks great, but hard to read
Watch is a great looking item, unfortunately because of the color of the face and hands, it's hard to see what time it is. Also, the hands usually cover the digital read out, so it's tough to see the time that way too...but it is a nice looking watch.
Published on May 24, 2010 by jkelmo

5.0 out of 5 stars Great watch; looks expensive but isn't., September 2, 2011
This review is from: Armitron Sport Men's 204589ORGY Watch with Black Band (Watch)
I have never had so many compliments and inquiries on a watch, particularly an inexpensive one, as I have since I started wearing this Armitron Men's Gray and Black Sport Watch. It really looks like a fancy, top-of-the-line high-end timepiece, and it even tells time. I particularly like that it includes the digital readout of the time since I am traditional-clock-reading challenged. It's durable, water resistant, has always-on analog and digital time and date, and the night-light works great, and all for under $40!

3.0 out of 5 stars Looks great, but hard to read, May 24, 2010
jkelmo (New York City) - See all my reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Watch!, February 13, 2012
I have been a fan of Armitron watches for years. I am hard on my watches, and I am not fond of spending hundreds of dollars on a nice watch, that I will just bang up in a year. These watches are inexpensive, look nice, and run great. I particularly like that they are very water resistant. I don't worry about getting them wet. I wear them surfing and snorkeling as well.

My only concern with purchasing them online is if the watch is a older model, the battery life may be about to expire. I did purchase one a while ago that the battery died with in 2 months. An additional $25 from a watch repair shop purchased a lifetime battery replacement plan, and they replaced the water resistant seal.

My preference as well is for these analog-digital types. I can be using the stop watch to time something, and still know what time it is at a glance.

3.0 out of 5 stars Looks good but cheap built!, June 11, 2010
Luigi (NY United States) - See all my reviews
Nice looking watch, numbers are easy to read and it fits well on md to lg wrists. Unfortunately it is made of plastic (even the chrome parts) and it easily scratch and dents, also the front is not glass but plastic. Overall: NICE but not long lasting (too fragile).

1.0 out of 5 stars because, October 13, 2013
I liked this watch so much but when I got it I didnt like it at all its too big and bulky and the band is not my type

5.0 out of 5 stars Great watch!, August 18, 2013
I have had this watch a few weeks now, have put it through some normal wear and glad I made the decision to purchase it. I originally bought the watch to replace and old Timex IronMan that lasted me 13 years. After reviewing numerous watches this one caught my eye and given the price I figured it would be hit or miss. The watch arrived pre-set, and looks more expensive in person than its inexpensive price would suggest. The watch was just supposed to be a casual or beat around watch. However, I find myself wearing it regularly. Moreover, I have gotten lots of questions about where one can purchase one like it and numerous compliments. People are always shocked when I tell them what I paid for it (my wife thought I paid more, until I showed her the order price). There were a few negative reviews that mentioned the light feature of the watch, I'll attempt to clear that up. The light (read this carefully) only illuminates the digital portion of the watch and is easy to read. The light does not illuminate the face of the watch.

5.0 out of 5 stars So far, so good........, May 31, 2013
Jeff (New York, NY, United States) - See all my reviews
So far so good............

I had this watch for about a month now.
It works fine.
I like the fact that it has both the digital time and old watch face with hands on the clock.
It also tells you the day of the month in digital form, and has back light button that you can use to see the time in a darkened room.

I love the mix and match of the black, gray, silver, and orange colors.

I have gotten many complements on this watch, and when I tell people I bought it on Amazon for an inexpensive price, people are shocked.

This watch looks like an expensive timepiece.

4.0 out of 5 stars Simple and Durable, September 16, 2012
I hate wearing watches, but wanted a cool one where I didn't care if I destroyed it.
I have bang this thing on elevator doors, scraped along walls and went diving with this.
Awesome!
Can't go wrong with the price.

4.0 out of 5 stars armitron watch, September 11, 2012
good product,dual time displays,2 alarms,nice looking,Looks good but cheap built!numbers are easy to read and it fits well on md to lg wrists. I particularly like that it includes the digital readout of the time since I am traditional-clock-reading challenged. It's durable, water resistant, has always-on analog and digital time and date, and the night-light works great, and all for under $40! it look elegant , simple , smart , only thing its light and feels like plastic , in general good watch

3.0 out of 5 stars Looks Awesome, but won't last, March 9, 2012
As other reviewers have pointed out, this watch looks great. The appearance is similar to a more expensive gshock watch with metal components. Unfortunately almost every surface of this watch (except for the plastic band) is painted. This means that as it gets bumped or rubbed, the surface color will wear off. On mine the chrome looking bezel is chipping off, clearly a painted plastic component. Even the silver/gray case that touches the bezel and band wears off to expose black plastic. Lastly, the clear cover over the hands is straight-up plastic. Not glass, not mineral crystal, just plain old plastic. Cracks, scratches and scuffs if you look at it wrong. Kind of disappointing, but for the price it's still a good deal. You can't pay ~$30 and expect the world. Looks great and is very comfortable while it lasts.

Armitron Sport Men's 204589ORGY Watch with Black Band