4.0 out of 5 stars Like the light
Published on July 1, 2010 by Stuckingalveston

3.0 out of 5 stars Watch is nice, the strap is less than to be desired...
Published on March 13, 2009 by S. Chirco

4.0 out of 5 stars Like the light, July 1, 2010
This review is from: Armitron Sport Unisex 25/6369 Easy to Read Instalite Black Watch (Watch)
I've had this watch for well over a year. It has withstood salt water, fresh water, rough treatment from all types of dry and wet sports. Hard to beat for $15.00. I love how easily adjustable the velcro band is in spite of getting caught in things. But most of all, I like the light. I'v grown very attached to being able to clearly see the watch face with a touch of a button and not have to depend on "luminescent" hands that fade to darkness within a few minutes after being exposed to light. This watch has only one flaw. It's ugly. It's fine for wearing during sports activities, but I would love this watch in a dressier format. Dear Armitron, please make this sports watch pretty!!

3.0 out of 5 stars Watch is nice, the strap is less than to be desired..., March 13, 2009
S. Chirco (palm coast, fL) - See all my reviews
The watch and face are great! When it lights up the WHOLE face lights up and it is in the "blue light", pretty cool...The band is velcro :-( So, what ever is "hanging off" at the end, connects to your shirt and any possible lint. It is also very itchy. If you can get past that and not be picky like I am, then this watch is great! I only wear it for work/training so it is a perfect fit, otherwise I wear my digital Armitron!

1.0 out of 5 stars Two Batteries?, September 28, 2011
Thomas Paine (AZ United States) - See all my reviews
I bought this watch less than a year ago for my son because of the small wrist size. I liked the fact that it was analog and he had to learn to tell time. It worked great until the watch stopped. Battery needed replacement in less than a year. So I unscrewed the back and pulled out the big cr-2016 battery after unscrewing super tiny screws. Shopped around and found local folks wanting about $6 for the battery and found it online at Amazon for $1.62 shipped when I combined with other stuff.

I get the battery and get it installed and what.......... no movement of the second hand. The backlight works but watch does not. My son said maybe the other battery needs to be replaced.

WHAT!

I took it apart and low and behold there is a second battery embedded within the white plastic guts of the watch. I struggled trying to pry it out and eventually popped the whole assembly out. Now I have a metal clip that does not want to go back in and I finally get the battery out. I thought of ordering this battery and started to try to get the clip back in. No way... it would not. Then I thought, another $3 for another battery and the possibility of me not getting it to work because of the stupid clip that was now impossible to place between the guts and the case. Nope. I am going to order an new watch.

It will not be an Armitron. Two batteries? I think not.

5.0 out of 5 stars Mrs. Carol Lee, April 25, 2009
C. E. Lee (North Carolina) - See all my reviews
So far I am very pleased with my Armitron Womens Analog Sport Watch. I have very large wrists and the band fit fine. I'm in the pool every day and I need a watch that is water resistant, and this one seems to fit the bill.
Thanks.

4.0 out of 5 stars A hardwearing, waterproof sports watch with a night light, January 16, 2012
J. Murray (Cambridgeshire, UK) - See all my reviews
At the time of writing this review I have owned this watch for 6 months. I have worn it in the shower, in the bath, in the swimming pool and while swimming and snorkelling in the sea. It has stood up to these wonderfully. The plastic face is a little bit scratched but I don't mind that in a cheap watch. Some other reviewers mentioned that for people with small wrists (I am one) the end of the velcro watch strap catches on clothes and other fabrics. I wasn't worried about this at the time, but I have to admit that it has become kind of annoying (hence 4 stars instead of 5). Just don't wear this watch if you are wearing/handling delicate fabrics. But I bought this watch because it is a hardwearing, waterproof sports watch with a night light (btw I LOVE the light), and it fulfills these criteria very well indeed.

1.0 out of 5 stars The battery died in two days!, November 3, 2011
It cost me more than the watch did to get new batteries put in it. That really sucked! I didn't feel like going through all the trouble sending it back and all that. I needed a watch now.

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor choice, August 16, 2012
Purchased the watch for a trip to LasVegas and white river rafting. Wanted an inexpensive watch that had a light and that was water resistant. The watch never made it out of LasVegas. Under the face of the watch, beads of moisture built up. The light feature lasted a total of three nights. The watch lasted a total of four days and ended up in the trash can in LasVegas. I left for my 6 day rafting trip without the watch that I most needed for the light feature. Total disappointment ! This was the worst purchase that I ever made on line.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Watch - Reasonable Price, August 25, 2011
I have been shopping for something like this locally - unsuccessfully. Found it on Amazon at a great price. Large, easy to read face. Adjustable strap that will adjust to fit skinny wrists. I needed it so I could time my bike rides until I get my computer setup. Our electricity went off last night and I went and got it off my bike so I could know what time it was as well as having a night light if I needed to move around the house - didn't have to cart the flashlight around. I'm going to get another one for my 13 year old son. Keeps accurate Time, water resistant, inexpensive, easily adjustable band, classic styling, not too big at a great price. You can't go wrong with this watch!

5.0 out of 5 stars Very nice watch, July 9, 2011
Got this watch yesterday, and wore it while out last night. The dial is easy to read, and in the dark the light feature is excellent. I like that the band is adjustable, along with having a velcro fastener. Very good purchase.

5.0 out of 5 stars Exactly what I need!, July 4, 2011
Cat (Wallingford, CT) - See all my reviews
I needed a watch with lighted dial and easy to put on and off, but not too expensive, so I am glad I found just the right one- this Armitron Womens Easy to Read Instalite Sport Watch. I can't complain with the price, and free shipping and handling! It didn't come with instructions or warranty, which surprised me. I believe that was an oversight. It was easy to work with anyway, so it's okay. What I need to see now is how long the battery will last, and if it's worth buying a (battery) replacement or just buy a new watch when the time comes. The velcro bother me a bit; I will hunt for a different watchband, but it may not be easy because the configuration of this watch is quite different- standard watchband will not work. The product arrived quickly and in good condition. If you're looking for an efficient, inexpensive sport watch, this is well worth it. Buying at Amazon cuts on the time I would have spent looking for it in stores, and the price is very, very reasonable at Amazon!

Rate and Discover Movies