Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Drowners Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

on April 23, 2012
This watch is really really glossy. The wrist bands are straight out gloss black. Upon receiving this watch it looked huge when I opened the box. Although it is huge it still fits my wrist nicely and I do have a small wrist compared to many people out there. For being a little over 20 dollars it is amazing and it looks really nice too. I wanted to get a G-Shock watch but those are way out of my price range. This has all the basic features such as a stop watch, timer, dual time zones, 2 alarms and date. One thing that really bothers me about this watch is the way the numbers light up. Unlike other watches that lights up the whole screen, this watch only lights up the numbers. I don't mind having only the numbers light up but for this watch it is terrible. The color of the light is like a neonish green color, but don't let that fool you because the light is really dim. If you are in a room with standard lights it is very hard to read the numbers if you press the light button. Overall this watch would've been a 5 star but because of the dim light I gave it a 4 star.

***NOTE (The instructions are in the box, its not exactly in the box itself but it is inside the plastic display thing that the watch sits on. So just open up the plastic thing and the instructions are inside.)
on February 7, 2012
this watch looks amazing , shows great , looks expensive but yet is VERY cheap :) i love it.
i like the fact that the light lights up the numbers instead of the whole face. from far it looks like an XL g shock.
on June 25, 2012
This is my second Armitron watch that I have bought on Amazon. The first one was a good watch but after 9 months the band broke because it was to weak in the first place but it was a light watch. This model has a band that is tough enough to take anything and will not wear out because of sweat and water which happen to the first on the above that I talked about. It is a bit heavier than what I am used to but that could be a good thing because band breakage is always the problem that I have had with other sport watches. I think this band can take the salt which comes from the sweat on your wrist because it is tough and looks like something that I have not seen before. It is very glossy and thick and also there is no extra length that most sports watches has which keeps getting caught on something which weakings the band. It is close to the end of the watch which is the best thing I like about the watch because there is no extra length to catch on something.

I have had this watch for about 2 months and it looks as good as the day I got it. There is only one thing I do not like about this watch is the light is to dim and you can not read what time it is in the dark which I think is important to have but what can you do. This is why I gave it 4 stars instead of 5 because of the very dim light.
on May 28, 2014
Armitron strong company with its products actually waterproof strongly and through real experiments can not be challenged, reliable company imposed itself with its products good and excellent
This model is a medium Armitron products, competitive prices and products are characterized by price different from the non-Amazon - Amazon is always great price at affordable prices
on May 26, 2015
just got this watch, looks better than I thought it would. easy to work, large face but hard to read in low light. backlight shows details but has to be very dark to read it. fits well and hope it survives my trip to the tropics. won't be diving but will be swimming. so, if it keeps the water at bay, then I will give it a thumbs up. price is right and it arrived a day early! great.
on February 20, 2013
I should have took other reviews into account before purchasing this watch. I liked the picture of the watch on amazon, but when the watch arrived the picture looked alot better. This watch has a very shiny band which makes it look very cheap. it looks like a watch a child would wear. I thought the price was a little more than it should have been, and after the watch arrived, I was quite certain this watch was way overpriced. I like alot of Armitron products and am a fan of sports watches.. Unfortunately I am just not a fan of this one..
on September 22, 2015
This watch has a major drawback for me. The numbers for the time are NOT back lit. The numbers themselves are what lights up, and unless it is 100% dark you are not able to see what time it is. Forget about using the light button if it's just dusky dark. It's useless.

Other than that I liked the watch. The band has now broken on me, and I will be replacing the whole watch with something that has a real back light for the time.
on May 2, 2012
For the price, you can't go wrong. I am using it for travel. So far, it has performed great in all kinds of dusty and hot environments. I LOVE its display. It shows the day, date, and time clearly. At nighttime, when you use the led-lighting, again, everything is clearly visible.
Aesthetically, I find the design pleasing to the eye. The watch arrived preset to my local time zone and did not include instructions. But I was able to figure it out by myself quickly. Also, some info is available online.
So, for around $20, you get a rugged, good looking watch that has a great display.
on April 14, 2014
Bought it as a gift for my 18 year old nephew, at first he was super excited as he loved the color and the rugged look. After a few months he called to say the watch stopped working even after he replaced the battery. He is not the kind to break stuff . 2 stars for the look and color.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 4, 2013
First of all, it looks pretty much EXACTLY as the Amazon rotating view shows. I do want to mention that the dimensions listed with the other color versions of this same watch (i.e. red) are more accurate. I measure them as:

Case diameter (at widest points) = 50 millimeters
Wide portion of band width = 26 millimeters
Thin portion of band width = 20 millimeters

I mention this because if you're looking for a big DIGITAL watch, this is one of the larger I have seen in both case diameter and height. I think it looks good!

DISPLAY:
There has been much reviewed about the display and lighting. The date display is just fine. The time display is a tad smallish and I'd prefer it a bit larger, but still pretty readable. The greenish tint really doesn't negatively effect it's readability. The light is indeed fairly week but I think it's just sufficient enough by a slim margin. I've not really encountered lighting in which I absolutely couldn't read the display.

BEEPING:
Possibly the biggest con (to me anyway) is that the watch beeps whenever you press a function (except the light) and...

INSTRUCTIONS:
...there were no instructions included to see if the beeping can be turned off. (I doubt it can.) Most of the watch functions are pretty intuitive so if you've owned other digitals, you'll probably not have trouble quickly grasping its usage. It has pretty basic functions.

BUTTONS:
The buttons are recessed a bit too much for my liking, which is just a little annoying.

LONGEVITY:
I cannot speak to this, as I've only had the watch for days. No signs of problems or blatant shoddiness yet though.

Despite some minor drawbacks, I think this is a pretty good watch for the money. Keep in mind, this is pretty inexpensive. Assuming no early malfunction, I give it 4 of 5 stars, for the money.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse