Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon St Lucia Bose SoundLink AE All-New Amazon Fire TV Subscribe & Save Valentine's Day Cards Create an Amazon Wedding Registry Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Prime Exclusive Savings in Video Games Shop Now DOTD

on April 26, 2013
To start off let me first say this is NOT a divers watch. If you are looking for a watch for diving, spend the money on a quality divers watch. I am leaving for extended training for the military and I have been looking for a watch that won't break my budget just in case i break it in training. I looked at Casio G-Shock, Timex Ironman/ Expedition and various other watches. This watch in particular in over 300 feet water resistant and cleans up easy in the sink when it gets dirty. I wear this watch everywhere and when moving into my new place I banged it into metal walls, boxes and various other items and it still looks like it just came out the box. Only time will tell how good it can stand up to military training. Go for it I am sure you will enjoy using it.

Update 10/18/2013

The watch made it through Air Force Basic Military Training with me and with the rigors of sand, rain, gravel, shock, and more. I love using this watch when using a phone is not an option. I highly recommend this item. BMT was 2 months and now I am using it currently in tech school in a warehouse and it is still kicking. Hope you all enjoy it as much as I do.

If this review helped you please let me know. Thanks and happy shopping.
on December 5, 2012
I got this watch with outdoor use in mind and it is well suited to the task. This watch is very light weight and is hardly noticeable on my wrist during the day or when I sleep in it. The inverted colors (white on black) make this watch extremely easy to read in both bright sunlight and darkness. I also appreciated the displace of the time, date and day in close to the same size font. The backlight is effective, but dim. This is on purpose to prevent hurting the user's eyes at night, however in dusk or dawn like conditions this can make the watch somewhat difficult to read, however I never found this to be a large problem. My largest praise for this watch has to be for not its features, but its ease of use. After taking this watch out of the box, I had the time set and the timezone set in around three minutes. Setting both of the alarms is easy, and the countdown timer feature is particularly useful when multitasking or for setting reminders. The speaker for the alarm/chime on this watch is unusually loud for a digital wrist watch and could feasibly function as a travel alarm clock. The world time feature is also particularly easy to use and covers 22 of the 24 world time zones from what I can tell. I find it works well whenever I have to travel so I don't have to recalculate the time in the area or set my watch to the local time.

Overall, I would say this a fantastic outdoor watch simply due to its features and its ease of use, rugged case and easy to read display.
on December 13, 2012
it's very Light , the strap's black matte color .
Has only one problem you can't see the numbers clearly .
but i like it and i will buy another one for my find .
price is good .
review image review image
on August 19, 2013
I'd been shopping for a G Shock the last three months and was about to pull the trigger on a $100 Casio.... when I remembered my last G Shock died after 2 years and failed to work ever again, even with a new battery.
I came across this Armitron and was intrigued with its design. It has a large case, mean look and its case has raised towers that prevent the glass case cover from being hit by surfaces.
When it came in the mail, I was blown away! The black resin body and strap are awesome! This watch is VERY lightweight yet sizeable and rugged-looking.
Regarding the backlight.... yes, the backlight is a bit dim in certain lighting.... if you have good vision it shouldn't be an issue. I think the dark face adds to the appeal of the design. The darker lighting probably adds a year to the battery life.
If I get 3 good years out of this watch...I'll never buy a Casio again. Oh yeah.... Armitron is an AMERICAN company!
on December 12, 2012
4 stars because it can be difficult to see even with the light. Works great and east to wear. 2 alarms and a stopwatch. Good military style watch for a great price
on December 31, 2012
Excellent,the color,the size are as expected.Arrived very quickly,the price for a watch spectacular strong and durable.I am very pleased with the purchase made
on February 20, 2013
So far this watch seems fine with it's functions. The display is a little too light during the day. Otherwise, the watch looks and feels good.
on February 12, 2013
It's a Good watch, lightweight and G-shock look a like a little dim though wish they could make the light brighter.
on August 24, 2014
I didn't get the watch from Amazon, I got it from Walmart, but I just wanted to review it here. The watch is stylish, yet durable. This watch can really be put to the test as I take it for a swim, run, hunting in the mountains, it even got shot while I was paintballing! I'd say you be dumb spending $100+ on a G-Shock when you can get this for about $20. This watch is insanely durable and reliable, but if I had to say one negative thing about this, it's that the backlight could be brighter. Other than that it's the perfect watch!
on November 1, 2013
I'm currently on my third one, but don't let that trick you into thinking it's a inferior product. I'll start by saying I work in a marine law enforcement environment, and our gear gets put to the test day in day out. The first one was ruined by bug spray that corroded the plate. The second lasted about four or five months and at some point got moisture inside. For the price, if I can get four to six months out of my current one I will consider it a good buy, since as I mentioned, our gear goes through the ringer.