5.0 out of 5 stars I like it
I have gone through several cheaper Armitron watches, and they were rather cheap-looking -- not because of the face of the watch, but because of the band. It might not seem like much, but considering that the wrist straps of a watch comprise a great deal of the watch's overall surface area, it's not something to shrug off.

The good news is that this particular...
Published on June 15, 2012 by Harry Chan

2.0 out of 5 stars Bad lighting
sh have bought one with a dial. Ditigal numbers are very dim and hard to see. You have to turn it into the sun to see it clearly. sh have an adjustment to enhance the digits...
Published 10 months ago by alexander c salazar

5.0 out of 5 stars I like it, June 15, 2012
This review is from: Armitron Sport Men's 40/8251RED Digital Watch (Watch)

The good news is that this particular watch breaks from that mold. The face of it is the visual centerpiece, and I'm fairly sure that it's made of various metals, especially the silver-colored parts. This is supported not only by its feel, but by the weight, as well. While not terribly unwieldy, this watch was quite a bit heavier than I had anticipated. However, it doesn't bother me, and instead reaffirms the value that you get in the watch. The red accents seem to be made of a lighter metallic substance. The band, different to the cheaper digital Armitron variants, is more flexible and not as reflective to light, giving it a greater appearance of quality and workmanship. As with the other lower-end digital watches that Armitron produces, there are no hinges where the straps of the band meet the head of the watch, which some people may randomly take issue with. I personally think that it aids in the longevity of the band. All of the features in the watch work as advertised, and the instruction booklet is there. You just have to dig into the case to get it.

Incidentally, the way the picture is marketed is a bit deceptive, because it's not permanently glowing. However, in situations where the light is required, it looks much like it does in that picture, and is quite readable. I actually find the color contrast on half of the display to be rather unique, but that's just me. Anyway, if you're in the market for a digital watch that looks great, while being relatively inexpensive (so that you won't feel too bad if you manage to lose it or someone decides to steal it from you), look no further.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love this watch, June 4, 2012
This review is from: Armitron Sport Men's 40/8251RED Digital Watch (Watch)
Great looking watch. Normally, I buy more expensive watches, but have found that it's impossible to read the time without my glasses. This one has a great display and it's lighted. I bought it when I'm more active or working out, but I really want to take good care of it. I love the look of it. The red accents may not be metal. Not really sure. But it seems like a great watch for the money.
The vendor packed and shipped it well. It even got to me early.

5.0 out of 5 stars Problem solved, July 26, 2012
This review is from: Armitron Sport Men's 40/8251RED Digital Watch (Watch)
I really like the watch, but I received one with an allen screw missing on the faceplate. Not a real big deal but I don't feel like paying shipping on a $25 watch to get a new screw. Called Armitron parts department and was told they don't bother with just screws so I was outta luck. Bad customer service = me no more a customer. I'll go with a pricier G-Shock next time. For now I'll just check the micro screws at the hardware shop and hope I get lucky.

*Updated*

I guess the right people we're monitoring the reviews because I was contacted and offered a free replacement watch because of the missing screw. All is right now. New watch showed up and with all parts! Would purchase again!

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice Watch!, March 30, 2012
This review is from: Armitron Sport Men's 40/8251RED Digital Watch (Watch)
I bought this watch and received it a week ago, and during that time I have gotten more compliments and inquiries than just about any watch I have ever owned! Most people say they like how unusual it looks and it's very striking! It keeps good time, so far, and is easy to read! For the money, it's one great looking watch and I recommend it to anyone looking for something different on their wrist!

5.0 out of 5 stars Armitron Men's Black Digital Sport with Red Metalized Accents, November 10, 2013
This review is from: Armitron Sport Men's 40/8251RED Digital Watch (Watch)
I love watches so I purchased this item especially for weekends and the out doors. But because of its feel and look I have discovered that it can be worn for any occasion. Every time I wear this watch i get positive comments, great buy for the price!!!

4.0 out of 5 stars really nice..goood price.. just a little prob, July 6, 2012
This review is from: Armitron Sport Men's 40/8251RED Digital Watch (Watch)
Really stylish watch. Comfortable. You WILL get compliments. The only down fall is that the buttons can be pushed easily even while wearing it causing it to flip into an another mode like stopwatch, alarm etc. Otherwise I love it. Can withstand some water to it

5.0 out of 5 stars More than expected for the price, March 30, 2012
This review is from: Armitron Sport Men's 40/8251RED Digital Watch (Watch)
The watch is awesome for $20. Looks like a $50 watch. Solid feel, doesn't look too childish, the buttons are nice and firm, the band isn't too cheap looking.

I bought it to replace my Edifice that I destroyed while being very drunk, for $20 it is an awesome watch, and highly recommended. Has an alarm, 2 timezones, date, and day of week. Also it glows.

$20, buy it. I recently bought Fila shoes that match the colors so I am a very happy 20 year old.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good purchase, December 5, 2012
The watch is very nice.
Its operation is very simple and its fair price.
My order was sent ok, just in time.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great gift, January 25, 2014
JaimeIsaac (New York City) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Armitron Sport Men's 40/8251RED Digital Watch (Watch)
My mom and I took the opportunity to order this gift, and re-packaged it again so that a friend traveling to Dominican Republic could take to my my cousin's husband. In Dominican Republic, you no longer can wear flashy-looking jewelry, watches etc. It's a nice gift because the watch is affordable but looks nice and can be used everyday without fear that they'll get mugged. Thus type of gift is also great because these watches cost a fortune in DR.

5.0 out of 5 stars Liked it!, December 10, 2013
This review is from: Armitron Sport Men's 40/8251RED Digital Watch (Watch)
This was watch war for my son. He needed to time swimming styles and exercises for his physicals. He loves it.

Armitron Sport Men's 40/8251RED Digital Watch