Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Look Park Fire TV Stick Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Water Sports

on October 3, 2013
Size:
-This is a big face watch. It is about the size of most clunky G-shock Casios, but if you are looking for a small face watch this isn't it.

Band:
Made out of softer rubber and somewhat wide, the weak side of this watch along with almost all other "sport" watches is that the CLIP that holds the slack of the band slides off and the band pops out. However, this happens to me with most watches that don't have a designated clip for the band that holds it in place

Exposure to water:
I shower with this watch on every day and I have gone swimming in it a couple times now, it is perfectly waterproof so far and I expect it will be for a while

Display:
I have no trouble seeing the numbers in broad daylight, indoors, at night with the light on, etc. The product picture shows the backlight on, whereas the watch simply has grey numbers on a black background (reverse lcd?). Perhaps it can be hard for some with poor vision

Functionality:
can show AM/PM time, has the day of the week, date and time shown plain and big. The light is bright enough to see easily in the dark
on April 13, 2015
Just had to buy a new one. my other one (same model) just went out after 3 hard years in the military. I love this watch. The only bad thing about the watch is the band. I just made a 550 cord band. The alarm is loud. The watch itself is very sturdy. Will be buying a third in a few years once this one goes out.
review image review image review image
on June 29, 2013
Really good inexpensive "tactical" cop watch. Perfect the harsh environments of everyday outdoor life. Looks great too, and digits are discrete in the dark.
on July 19, 2015
This watch has served me well!!! I can't believe how well this watch has done for me.
Pros: It really does well in water ( I went scuba diving with it down 75 ft)
It also holds the time amazingly well.
Cons: It scratches really easily.
The silicone wristband has ripped for me. I almost want to buy another one because it is so cheap and bugs me a bit.
The buttons have become almost unresponsive. I have to press them 10-15 times in the right spot to try and get them to respond.

Other than this it is an amazing watch. I love the huge watch face.
review image review image
on December 10, 2012
I love this watch!
I am a female and I'm going to school to be an EMT, So It's really helpful to have a watch with the numbers displayed so clearly (and largely) that I can accurately see not only what time it is, but I can easily access the stop-watch feature to take a quick set of vitals. It's not heavy or clunky, and the straps are a very soft rubber-like material (It's also water-resistant! which is something, I, personally, ALWAYS want/need in a watch).
I find it unique that the time can be displayed in both "military" and "regular" time (Example: 4:00 or 16:00). It's also helpful that it also displays what day of the week it is, along with what number-day.
The only things I dislike about this watch are the fact that the back-light only stays on for a few seconds (about 3), I wish it'd stay on a bit longer. However, that is definitely not a "deal breaker" for me, when purchasing this watch, especially for it's price! :)
on March 13, 2014
The display color is sort of a dull bronze. It is no where near the bright blue green you see on the amazon site. It seems as if the battery is dying. The owner's manual says the display will darken when the battery wears out. I exchanged for another one and it had the same problem.
on December 24, 2014
The instructions with this watch are so tiny that the print is unreadable and consequently I cannot even set the watch. It is a joke that any company would cheapskate on instructions like this as they are printed on a tiny strip of paper to cut costs beyond any reasonable expectation.
review image
on March 2, 2016
Unless you have really good eyesight, and the area you live in is bright and clear all of the time, forget this watch! I bought it because my eyesight, especially in shade / darker areas. is going bad. The ad in Amazon made this one look bright and readbale without glasses. Wrong, wrong, wrong! I was in a fairly well-lit room when I opened the package and I could not tell if it was even operating! The face is dark, and the number pad is almost as dark. I hit a bunch of the buttons (normally where the light button is), but nothing appeared to happen. Took it out to a sunny area, and, sure enough, it had numbers and was running! I read the instructions, hit the "C" button (the one to turn on the light), but saw no change. Took it inside to a very dark room, hit the "C' button and, sure enough, there was a slight - very slight - light in there somewhere, but not sufficient to read the time well. I put the watch back in the box and started the "Return Product" process for Amazon. Simple looking watch - but you should be able to read it at least!
on August 29, 2014
Despite what it says in the specifications above, there is no moon phase display on this watch. It's not Amazon's fault, the same misinformation is on Armitron's site as well.
No, the display is *never* as bright as shown on the picture. Don't buy the hype about the "three link resin band". It's all a one-piece strap of rubber, not resin.
I will be returning this watch. It's too bad that Armitron indulges in this type of dishonesty - I know Amazon can not check each and every piece of merchandise that passes through their hands.
on March 26, 2016
Most comfortable watch I've ever worn. This is a great basic watch. The display is easy to see/read and the band is very comfortable. It's made of a very flexible rubber, not a hard rubber. The watch does not appear as it does in the picture in regards to the blue numbering. The background is black and the numbers appear grey. When you press the light button is when they turn a blueish color. However, you'll only need to press for the light when in complete darkness otherwise, you'll see them fine.