5.0 out of 5 stars The Best Watch I Currently Own For Under $25
First of all, I would like to say that this the best watch I've had in this price range. It is very appealing and comes with all features you would expect from a sports watch. The build quality is very sturdy and not cheap in the slightest way.

Published 5 months ago by Sullivan

3.0 out of 5 stars Eye Catcher
Enormous watch for my smallish wrist, yet it is amazingly comfortable. I think it is well made and has many good features despite my OK rating. It is difficult to wear with long sleeves, but true to Armitron reputation, a good value for the money.
Published 14 months ago by David N. Stanley

5.0 out of 5 stars The Best Watch I Currently Own For Under $25, August 29, 2014
This review is from: Armitron Sport Men's 40/8284RED Large Metallic Red Accented Black Resin Strap Chronograph Digital Watch (Watch)

The packaging the watch came arrived in good shape and was wrapped around the display stand. There were no instructions included but you can figure most of the functions by fiddling around with the watch for a couple minutes. The watch arrived much earlier then I expected, only took 3 days for the package to arrive in my mailbox after I ordered it. (I chose standard shipping, but it was most likely delivered so fast because I live close to the shipping carrier)

This watch has amazing functionality and the buttons are responsive to the touch. Sometimes it's a little too sensitive and I accidentally press it, but this is a very minor nit pick as it rarely happens to me. The features include a stop watch, date/days of the week, backlit display, and water resistance up to 330 ft.

The red color encompassed around the watch and buttons is very vivid and will definitely catch your attention when you glace over it. The wrist straps felt a little bit flimsy but that was most likely due to how ginormous this watch is! The size of this watch is massive and covers my entire wrist. I actually like that as I can easily see the numbers on the screen. I love wearing this watch while jogging as I can accurately tell the time. It also makes a great compliment for swimming as I regularly use it in the pool since it is water resistant. The style of the watch also gives it that cool sleek look that will look great when you wear it in public. If I didn't know any better, I would of that this was an expensive watch that would of cost at least $100. That's how you know a watch is of superior quality when it deceives you like that.

Even though this may be considered as a "cheap" watch, do not correlate that to an inferior knock-off product. This is one of the best bang for your buck sports watches you can get for the price and you will regret not buying this great watch!

TL;DR [Buy this watch, it is a fantastic sports watch that has style, functionality, and durability]

3.0 out of 5 stars Eye Catcher, November 13, 2013

4.0 out of 5 stars Great watch just loud., October 23, 2013
I love this watch. I'm a college student and i like to do a lot of things out doors. This watch stands up to the abuse i put it though and comes back asking for more. The only thing i don't like is that it beeps every time you push the button to scroll through the modes and settings and there is no way to silence it. Other that that great watch.

5.0 out of 5 stars I really love this watch., May 11, 2014
Wallace R. Maclaren (Green Valley, Arizona) - See all my reviews
I have several watches but this Armitron Sports watch with red accents has become
my favorite. Although large, it fits my fairly small wrist well and it's so light, It's like
it's not even there. I especially like it's multi functions..the chronograph and back-
lit illumination are the best I've seen and the strap is not only very comfortable but
adds to the overall good looks. The price through Amazon is amazingly low for a watch with these qualities.Oh, yeah...it also keeps accurate time!

5.0 out of 5 stars I'd been looking for a watch like this for some time, July 3, 2014
I'd been looking for a watch like this for some time.....saw all the other brands, but on one other made3 a watch with a case diameter larger than 50 millimeters and the price was more than I wanted to pay. This Armitron has all the cool features of the other brand and the price was really great. It's the perfect watch for a person who plays rough and wants a watch that's got great looks and functions. It's reasonably priced so if it wears out or breaks, it's not gonna break the bank to buy another one.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, October 18, 2013
this watch is excellent!
very easy to set and use!
great quality!
Would recommend getting.
the band is very durable and comfortable.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great for what it is, January 10, 2015
I bought this watch along with an Invicta watch. I couldn't decide with type of watch I wanted and with this watch being as inexpensive as it is just bought both. I was originally going to buy the Casio Men's AE1000W-1B but Amazon was having selling issues when it came time to checkout with that watch. So I looked and found this one. I'm glad I did.
Now, of course the Invicta is better made and of higher quality but that doesn't mean this isn't a good watch. I really like so I'll keep it for my weekend watch. It's nice and big, almost as big as the Invicta, which is a diver watch, so it's pretty big but very light and comfortable. It's very easy to read and has a light, not as bright as Timex's "Indiglo" but it's cooler -- it lights up the numbers as opposed to whole face.
It's probably not as nice or as durable as a Casio G-Shock this is meant to replicate but for under $25 and I bet it tells time just as good. My only real gripe is that the band isn't very well made. I'm sure if you don't abuse it it'll last as long as the watch but one good catch on a door or belt and this band will most likely rip. If you're giving this to a kid or you're very active I'd say absolutely buy the watch but just be advised you'll probably need a new band before you need to change the battery.

Overall it's a pretty good cheap watch. Not made of the best materials but if you're looking for a sub $25 watch that has a light, date. alarm and chronograph I can't see how you be disappointed in this watch.

5.0 out of 5 stars Evidently, I'm now an Armitron collector., September 15, 2014
Evidently, I'm now an Armitron collector. Got one for every day of the week. My Invictas and Androids are too heavy after wearing this brand...so comfortable. This red n black is just one more example. These are great everyday watches. What I'm really digging, is that for a little over a 20, u can try some bolder colors, not that red is really all that bold now that I have it, but the price is freeing to choose something outside of your conservative box. I have found the Armitron watches do not look cheap, the colors are done well, this one is kinda deep red. Designers have done a good job in spotting the current trends with bold color choices, w/o going over the top. Seems to suit me just fine. Oh, n keeps good time, and I've found them to be completely waterproof. Hope it helps.

5.0 out of 5 stars It is a perfect product for the cost, September 23, 2014
It is a perfect product for the cost. It is remarkably light which was surprising due to the larger size. It doesn't have all the added features of a watch that is similar in style yet much more expensive however it does have the look of a much more expensive watch. It has standard or military time, stop watch, date, and 2nd time zone and that it about it. But I was very pleased with the purchase

5.0 out of 5 stars Well worth it, August 18, 2014
What an Awesome watch. Yes it's a little big, so what. The metallic red reallly adds a modern look to it. For $20, you can't beat it. I get compliments on it a lot. Was going to get the blue one, the Red just stands out more. Very happy with this purchase. Looks like a $100 or more watch.