Automotive Deals Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Enter for the chance to win front row seats to Barbra Streisand Segway miniPro

on July 22, 2011
We ordered the watch from Amazon after my son ruined the band on the one he had playing capture the flag with some of his friends. The one he had was the exact same one we ordered. The only thing I don't like about the watch (which seems to be a growing trend among watchmakers) is you can't replace the band. Well, you can but a new watch is cheaper than the replacement band. It is a very good value and keeps good time. My son is 19 and got the first watch when he was 17. We all know how hard teenage boys are on everything they own. The tumble down the hill didn't hurt the watch at all-just the band. We will buy another one just like this when the time comes again. The shipper was great-we got the watch 4 days earlier than they said we would. Overall, very happy!
on March 15, 2011
I've been a big Armitron fan for years especially this model.
The 'features' I like about are the large number display easy for an old guy like me to see. Its waterproof, no worries when I do pool maintenance(Wait the skimmer basket has fallen in and is sinking fast..let me take my watch off and then grab it).
Its shock proof whether its running the snowblower, grass mower, chain saw or pressure washer I don't have to worry about it shaking apart.
I've had watches just die because of all I do..I've never had any of that.
The backlight is great....
The band is tough rubbery like material..that seems to last forever...
All for under $20.00.
on August 8, 2014
I purchased this watch for the countdown feature. When it arrived there is no count down feature. Have had two Armitron watches previous to this that have worked very well and I felt they were a great value. Am very disappointed with the minimal features that Armitron has gone to. My previous two watches had three times the features. Guess I will go back to Casio or Timex watches
on December 26, 2013
My son lost his first watch almost three days after receiving it as a gift from our friends. Just gave him this one from my wife and I for Christmas...I wonder how long it will be before he loses this one???
on October 24, 2014
I first picked up this watch in Target about six years ago since it had a rather nice face with large numbers for easy readability. Very handy when working outside mowing grass! Since then, I have worn this watch everywhere until about three years ago the band broke. (This seems to be the common weak link with this watch but do not let that deter you!)

Even though the band had broken, I still used this watch as a time keeping device on my desk. Six years later, I still cannot believe that the watch still is running on the original battery! I am not one to say that all of this watch style's battery will last as long, but it is quite the testament to a digital watch battery, especially for watch that only costs 20 bucks! I was quite surprised and happy to see this watch for sale here on Amazon and decided I would give it another go and purchase one. It is now residing on my wrist as I type out this review. I will update this review should it fail again!
on February 8, 2013
This is my second model of this watch that I have used. The first one was damaged by heavy impact (even then, the outer rim broke off, still completely usable). It is lightweight, durable and works perfectly for a day to day watch in a hostile environment.
on January 28, 2015
This is my second Armitron 408125BLK wartch. I like it for its easy to read digital numbers. The reason that I only rank it a 3 is that it is hard to set. I find Casio and Timex much easier. Also the print on the provided owners manual is very small and hard to read with out use of a magnifine glass.
on May 4, 2012
Really like this watch, This my second. The only negative is the band material.
The band lasted about two years on the first watch. It is cheaper to buy a new watch rather than ship it back to a service center for a new band. By the way the first watch still keeps perfect time without the band.
on February 4, 2013
THIS IS MY THIRD OF THIS WATCH. iT IS TOUGH TO SET AND THE INSTRUCTIONS MIGHT AS WELL BE IN SWAHILI. i USE THEM FOR WORK WATCHES AND THROW THEM AWAY WHEN THE FACE GETS SCRATCHED UP. iT HAS HUGE EASY TO SEE NUMBERS. THAT IS WHY I PUIRCHASED IT TO BEGIN WITH.
on September 29, 2011
I have a hard time keeping a watch that runs because of my high bodily static discharge. This watch while being extremely inexpensive works great on me and keeps excellent time. It has many features including a built in light for night time viewing. It also works great while swimming. I would recommend this watch to anyone who wants a quality item at an inexpensive price. The only drawback is that the band is easily broken. I know this because this is my second watch of this type. On the first one, the band broke at one of the hinge points 8 months after I bought it.

See 1 answered question