4.0 out of 5 stars Cool design

3.0 out of 5 stars Good little watch for the price
Published on May 25, 2010 by Steve Gibb

3.0 out of 5 stars Good little watch for the price, May 25, 2010
Steve Gibb (Maplewood, NJ United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Armitron Sport Men's 408177RED Chronograph Black and Red Digital Watch (Watch)
This is a surprisingly attractive watch for the price. Functions are useful with a good stopwatch and reasonable timer plus alarm, although I really only needed it for the dual time. It is light, slim, stylish and easy to read for the most part. Sometimes in daylight you have to angle your arm a little. Well, that's no biggie. My only issue is the beeping sound when you change functions - there doesn't appear to be any way to turn that off!! My watch didn't come with any instructions but it was very easy to figure out - except for that annoying beeping!

Still, if you are in the market for an inexpensive, snazzy looking watch, this is a good buy.

4.0 out of 5 stars Cool design, February 18, 2010
dennotron (Patterson, NY) - See all my reviews
I like Armitrons because they're cool and inexpensive. I've gotten about 10 complements on the design of this watch in about 2 weeks of wearing it. The buttons are easy to use, but the countdown timer is a pain. It doesn't reset itself to zero so you have to scroll thru all the numbers to reset it. That's the only annoying thing. I like the wristband too. I like that it's a thin watch. It doesn't get caught in your dress shirt sleeves if you wear long sleeve dress shirts.

5.0 out of 5 stars Exactly what I wanted, July 8, 2010
While I normally rely upon my cellphone for the time, I decided before leaving the country that I needed something a bit more trustworthy while skipping across multiple time zones. I didn't want something fancy enough to have to worry about being stolen, nor was I looking to show off or 'flaunt' any type of wealth. My priorities: comfort, simplicity and performance.

Check. Check. Check. The square design gives off a nice, classy look, while so far it is the most comfortable wristband of any watch I've ever owned. It is easy to read and adjust the time, with the normal package of a functioning alarm and stopwatch. I am completely satisfied.

I'm not giving this five stars because it is the best watch out there, nor do I think it is an amazing value. But this was exactly what I wanted when I began looking for watches, and that's the only qualification I use when rating.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great watch!, May 25, 2011
This watch is stylist and reasonably inexpensive. Other reviewers mentioned that the watch malfunctioned at times. I have not experienced this over my 3 months of ownership. I will agree that the face can be hard to read at times depending on the lighting conditions. I believe the pictures on Amazon accurately represented the look of the watch. The band is comfortable and the watch feels light on my wrist.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best watch, January 10, 2011
I love this watch. It's classy, functional, has a great look and feel to it and many useful functions for everyday use.
I have gotten quite a few compliments wearing this watch.
I really love the design for the strap because it doesn't get sticky or smelly or slippery when I get sweaty.
Furthermore, the functions are easy to program and use.
Also, the watch is very sturdy, doesn't scratch easily and the water resistance works well (at least in the shower.
Definitely worth the money.

1.0 out of 5 stars Crappy Watch, February 9, 2011
This watch looks nice, but every time i hit the light button, it resets everything to factory defaults and screws up the time. I've also noticed that if you hold down the light button, it has the same function as the "set" button, giving you options to set time. Really crappy programming. Don't waste your money on this junk.

1.0 out of 5 stars The watch is not cheap looking...but it is a cheap watch, October 15, 2010
Got lots of complements on my new watch. It looks good. a little hard to read, but still usable. The problem i have is that I have had to reset the time and date 3 times in the month since i bought it. That is a deal breaker... Nice bracelet, Crappy watch

2.0 out of 5 stars Looks sharp, but..., February 12, 2011
I really wanted to like this watch. It has a good modern design. I wanted something with the reverse led display. But when I received it, I found the display is too dim. Also found there's no way to reset the timer to zero. Also when I pressed the EL (light) button a couple times, it reset the time back to factory defaults. Others have reported the time resetting on them, so I don't want to risk this happening over and over again. Returning it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Can't go wrong for 20 bucks, January 20, 2012
Jeff M. (Portland, OR) - See all my reviews
Have you seen the new Nike GPS watch that looks just like this, but costs $200? Yes, I understand this doesn't have GPS, but it's just as stylish. For around 20 bucks, you can't go wrong if you're looking for a simple digital sport watch.

4.0 out of 5 stars Satisfied, November 20, 2011
For an inexpensive watch, this works. If you are getting old and a bit myopic, the time numbers on the face light up well and large. The date and seconds are a bit small though and the day at the top is dim and smaller yet. The band is well made and overall this is a very functional time keeper for 22 bucks...and even a little sexy.

Rate and Discover Movies