5.0 out of 5 stars The Greatest watch i've ever had
Published on July 8, 2011 by Anounomous

3.0 out of 5 stars It's a cheap digital watch. If that's what you want, great!
I bought this for outdoor work and camping. I wanted an inexpensive digital watch that could handle some abuse and that had a night light on it so I could see what time it was in the dark. This watch pretty much meets those requirements perfectly.

A few comments:
* This is a cheap digital watch, and it pretty much looks it. I wear a much more expensive...
Published on August 16, 2011 by Trent

5.0 out of 5 stars The Greatest watch i've ever had, July 8, 2011
This review is from: Armitron Sport Men's 408231RDGY Digital Watch (Watch)
This watch looks great and is really not that big. The face is easy to see, the watch works for everything (gym, work, parties), and the buttons are easy to operate and learn how to control. Some other buyers say there is nothing in the right uppermost circle, but that's not true. When you go to alarm mode, press button C to activate the alarm and a bell shows there. Press C again and you get the hourly chime. Press C again 2 times to deactivate the alarms. Also, the instruction manuel is hidden inside the dock that the watch comes in, so look everywhere in the box before you throw it away. That's from experience. This watch gets a 5 star rating. I'm very impressed. If you're feeling oh-i-don't-know-if-i-should-get-it, definately get it. Without question. Great watch for a great price.

5.0 out of 5 stars Has everything that a watch needs to have., May 12, 2011
This review is from: Armitron Sport Men's 408231RDGY Digital Watch (Watch)
This watch was absolutely the best watch I have ever bought. The instructions for set-up were easy and I like the look this gives. Some have complained that it does not come with instructions and this I believed at first too. The instructions are actually within the holder it comes in. I had to dig in the trash to get the instructions out because I had not thought to look in there.
The watch is very shiny. It gives date and time. It is not THAT big as some have been saying. I like my watches tight and i wear it this way. When I do push ups or weights i just loosen it.
People have been asking if it is a G-shock. When I show them they're surprised to see that it is a better looking watch at a cheaper price.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great watch!! Super value!!, June 29, 2011
This review is from: Armitron Sport Men's 408231RDGY Digital Watch (Watch)
Nice big face, even bigger than a lot of the G-watches. I own 2 G shocks 7900 & 9000 and this is bigger. I'm not a big fan of the chrome though, i think its too much. But other than than, this watch is functional and you can't beat the value. Most watches under this $20 doesn't even come close to looking this good.
I've taken this backpacking twice now in the last 2 months and no problems with water, mud and other elements. This is also pretty much my everyday watch now.

Just FYI, if you look at this watch with a polarized sunglasses, you may not see time on certain angles.

5.0 out of 5 stars Review after three years: My favorite watch. Nice looking, durable & inexpensive., March 8, 2014
James C. (Long Island, NY, USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Armitron Sport Men's 408231RDGY Digital Watch (Watch)
I am writing this review after owning this watch for over three years. This watch is my favorite out of all the daily use watches I have ever owned. For the past twenty something years I have worn assorted sport type digital watches and they would all have their pros and cons. With this Armitron model, I have found no major faults. The watch came quickly and was in perfect condition. It was packed with an owners insert that went over the basic functions of the watch. The functions are easy to use and navigate, the display is big (maybe too big for some?) and easy to read. The watch crystal and band are as durable as one can ask for a watch of this price. Additionally, I have never gotten so many compliments on a watch before, and my dress watch is a Tag Heuer AquaRacer! I highly recommend this watch. I'm yet to even replace the battery after three years and near daily wear. My only caveat would be that the water resistance claims of this watch may be exaggerated; I swam in the ocean with this watch and while it did not break, there was some condensation inside the bezel for a few days - after that incident I never submerged it again. The watch was, however, worn in and exposed to some very nasty weather and I experienced no further water issues.

UPDATE 1/2015: A little less than four years later the band in this watch (I bought it March of 2011) snapped while I was taking it off. I still stand by my five star rating; but figured I would update this review and mention that the four years of steadfast performance this inexpensive watch provided impressed me so much, I just bought another.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good sports watch, May 7, 2011
This review is from: Armitron Sport Men's 408231RDGY Digital Watch (Watch)
Very nice display, great features, and looks very nice. I was afraid it was going to be smaller than I wanted, but it's actually perfect. I got this watch for when I'm running, or working out, or playing sports, and I don't damage my nice Fossil or Guess analog watches.

Pros: Good utility feed, clear display in low light, and good lighting when in total dark. Sharp display setup, great features

Cons: Might not be the best watch for Pushups, because it does tend to pinch the hand when wrist is bent back, but loosening it will solve that problem.

Overall, very happy with this watch, and I'm making it my official sports watch

4.0 out of 5 stars Outstanding value!, July 24, 2011
This review is from: Armitron Sport Men's 408231RDGY Digital Watch (Watch)
Ordered the watch and it arrived earlier than promised. Works wonderfully. Not as heavy as it looks; quite light. Large size is not a problem even though I have a small wrist. Excellent functionality. And a great price. Will test water resistance in the Florida Keys next month. Recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Exceptional Watch, February 27, 2011
This review is from: Armitron Sport Men's 408231RDGY Digital Watch (Watch)
I've searched for a watch I could wear everyday, at work, the gym, or even with a suit and tie. It has a great look and feel along with an easy to see face. I highly recommend purchasing this watch. You'll get great looks at a great price.

5.0 out of 5 stars Armitron is inexpensive and SOLID!, August 4, 2012
This review is from: Armitron Sport Men's 408231RDGY Digital Watch (Watch)
SO, I purchased this watch in September of 2011.. and the watchband finally broke (8/2012). The "chrome" finish has partially worn off, but the watch itself functions beautifully. The back lighting still works like a champ, the buttons held up perfectly, and I never had to change the battery. Unfortunately the watchband is probably as much as a new one of these inexpensive watches, so I will be throwing it my in my hunting bag so it will still get some use this fall.

Why I'm so impressed by this watch:

I am one of those crazy people that wear a watch 24/7. The only time this watch wasn't on my wrist was for business meetings and such where I wore a higher end watch. For almost a complete year, I worse this consistently in the shower.. swimming in the lake.. mountain biking.. hiking/trekking.. at work.. ect ect...

Its been scratched, beat, smashed, scuffed, and neglected.. and it STILL made it almost a year before the chrome paint began peeling and the band broke. I'm positive that if I took better care of it, the band would still have been in good shape. When all is said and done, this 20 dollar watch stands tall with my high dollar watches... and to pass this thing up would be a mistake! I'm ordering another as soon as I finish this review!

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice, cheap watch, but don't bang it around, it's not a G-Shock, August 14, 2011
This review is from: Armitron Sport Men's 408231RDGY Digital Watch (Watch)
First let me say that this is a very nice watch for the money. But it is no Casio. The feel of the watch is ultra light which can only mean 1 thing, it's got more plastic in it than rubber and we all know that G-Shocks have very hard rubber around their watches for a reason and that is to protect them. This watch is plastic and I doubt seriously if it would take a very hard bump on the ground or against the wall. The watch does have a great look and the digital readout is very easy to read. As far as operating the watch, it's about as simple to operate as a 4 button remote control. This watch is also fairly comfortable compared to other watches the same size. Honestly, it feels better on than all my G-Shocks. As far as the mechanical/electronic operation of the watch I think it is a very fine & accurate timepiece. I would recommend this watch to a responsible adult for casual use, but I would not recommend that you work in it if you have a job where you use your hands a lot or swing a hammer on a regular basis as it's just not that kind of watch. On a scale of 1 to 10, and 10 being the highest, or best, I would give the visual appeal of this watch an 8, the operation and timekeeping specs a 10, the comfort of the watch a 7, and the durability and shock resistance of this watch a 4.5 as I have found it is somewhat fragile compared to other watches in the same category. Without a doubt, I would recommend this watch as it does have a "look appeal" to it and as I said, it's a very accurate Japanese movement and should be a timepiece enjoy for a long time.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Watch, Great Price, May 19, 2011
This review is from: Armitron Sport Men's 408231RDGY Digital Watch (Watch)
This watch is pretty awesome. The watch seems to be of great quality. I was looking for digital watch that looked somewhat stylish at the same time. The only thing that I would have liked for was like a manual or instructions. I figured out all the settings by myself (isn't rocket science), but it would have been nice.

Highly recommend this watch